Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by julie409 »

Hi Everyone,

A few of us have been discussing the results we are getting on LDL in another thread. Roger was kind enough to jump on and remind us that the BEST results are achieved when we follow LDL to the letter as he so painstakingly tested and proved. So we decided to follow LDL in it's purity, for a couple of weeks and see if our results improve or stay the same.  I BELIEVE it will make a big difference. I have already achieved better results in the last week bc I eliminated sauces, salsas and diet coke  For me, the sodium is a killer.

I have copied this from the book --- directly from the author  :D  --- on page 43, if you want to go in and see what other tips are there!

Breakfast: Eat as much Fresh Fruit as you want.
Eat nothing through the rest of the morning.

Lunch: Make this your main meal.
Eat extra lean Beef, chicken, turkey, fish and other acceptable proteins. (Be sure to eat enough protein to hold you till dinner.)
You may also have all you can eat of acceptable soups, salads and vegetables.
Eat nothing until Dinner.

Dinner: First eat as much fresh fruit as you want. (canned or frozen is also acceptable.)
A smoothie is also acceptable.
ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED after eating the fruit, then you may have acceptable soups, salads, corn. beans, peas until satisfied.

Evening Munchies? Fresh fruit/ fruit smoothie/frozen grapes.  ONLY if these do not satisfy, then go to other acceptable snacks like soy nuts, raisins (little), popcorn, SF Jello, cool whip lite (a little - not spooning it out of the container like I did - totally stalled me), veggies with acceptable dip. (There are others in the book but I figured this was enough to get us started if we are in this together. 

What do you say - want to see what's up?  (I am going to continue to exercise the same way I have so I do not affect the results, either way.)

Feel free to offer whatever you wish. Use this thread as your journal or just continue in your own. But please post your results here so others can determine if this is necessary for them as well. If I have forgotten anything, please chime in! 

Love you guys!  *love* *love*  *love*  So happy to be doing this with you!  Any thoughts?

Julie  :rose:
zoogarden
New, but learning

Re: Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by zoogarden »

Thanks for the reminders, Julie.  I think I have been slipping a little bit on the guidelines and I can tell because my pants fell a little tighter today.  I refuse to get on the scale to check!  I will be more diligent and see what happens.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am doing hard core LDL this week....I'll keep you all posted of my results!  I am actually going to try to stick to fruit only for breakfasts and lunches too.  Thanks for starting the thread Julie!

PS  Julie, where is your journal?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Kathie,

Are you only going to eat fruit, for all three meals?  No protein or veggies.  I think that would be very difficult.  Let me know your plan.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Oh no Manda....I am going to eat a traditional LDL lunch with protein, and I usually have a salad, veggie, and soup too.  breakfast and dinner will be just fruit and smoothies.  I just want to try it for a short time the way the magazine article laid it out. 
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Ok Julie,

i am with you. I want this to work..
It's about time that i am going to keep up with my dog otherwise i will need some new knee, or shoulderjoints within the next few years Image

So i signed up in a fitnesscenter today Image
and i am going to eat the way you wrote above...

Thank you...
Chrissy
Last edited by Anonymous on August 3rd, 2009, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I'm on board!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

ok, here I am  ;D

I will start in the am
also I am not weighing before or during, I will wait till the end of the month and do this till the 31st of this month :thumbsup:
I will post if I have any effects other than scale wise  :sideways:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Yeah! Full speed ahead!  This is actually going to be fun!  *hug*

I think I can really do this with all of you by my side. I was a little hungry today around 4  :drool:  but since I was committed to this and to you, I didn't waver.  Anyway the urge passed!

Kathi, I don't have a journal. I am not regimented enough. But I may post it in here while we do this.  I do write down everything I eat in my own journal which I have with me during the day. Although I have been thinking about it lately as I can see the tremendous support you all give to each other. Glad to have you by  my side on this.

Vickie, So so happy you are on board with us. Maybe we can beat the heck out of your stall! :bomb:
Trish, shawnee, zoo, thanks for your thoughts and hope to hear how it goes for you. 

WE can do this together!  Thanks, Everyone!  *love*

Julie :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hope you all don't mind but I am going to journal in here.

Brooklyn Julie
Monday: Day 1
Exercise:
AM 150 crunches (better than nothing! :D)
PM 30 minutes on the glider
(This is what I have been doing regularly and I do not wish to change it and possibly alter the results that way.) (Yeesh - does that sound ridiculous?  It's not like I am running the marathon like Snoopy girl!)

BF: Apple
L: Big chicken Breast on the bone/ no skin/ baked with a little evoo and Italian seasonings with broccoli
D:about 1/5 Watermelon

Drinking water only. Had slight flush after L and D but no rashes or welts - this was a good day! Rosacea be gone!
(I have running water in my kitchen - Yeah!  :thumbsup:  I have ants running in my kitchen - BOO! :thumbdown:) Painting is next!

turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Hey Julie, we were painting in the kitchen today too!  No ants however, yikes! 

I was not bugging you about the journal, although I remembered after I posted it that I may have asked you this in the past.  I just felt neglectful that I never visited your journal!  When you get one started, I'll be there!

Ok, eating LDL apple pie, yummers!  ....and this is supposed to be hard, oh my!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

My dear Kathi, I didn't feel bugged at all, except by the ants!  ;D

I feel nothing but supported and nurtured in this lovely place with all of you.  *love*

Did I see your ticker move?  Awesome!  :thumbsup:

Love you - mean it!  :kiss:

Julie  :rose:
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Julie - only one apple for breakfast? Did the ants eat all your fruit?  :D

I know you have allergies to some of the fruit, but one apple does not a breakfast make.  :tongue:

I had one plum, one banana, and some mixed fruit at 9

Lunch at 12:30: Schloop (1 cup) and one peach - I should have had more protein than the meat in that small cup of beans/veggies

Dinner: watermelon, mixed fruit dish....popcorn

I was really hungry today.....
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

I am all in on this one Julie.  Kathie and I actually had a chat about it in our journals.  I have slipped quite a bit lately and am going to do the next two weeks TO THE LETTER (and hopefully beyond)...in spite of a couple of days in which I have business dinners and one social event Saturday night. 

Shera

Post by Shera »

I want to join in also.
It's already evening here when I read this thread but I have been pretty good today anyway.
I"m finishing up my second month here and feel like I should be eating less and starting to feel not so hungry but that is not the case yet for me.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to start eating less? I didn't see any sort of time line in the book. I would imagine that my body would tell me when to eat less......but I don't really trust it.

I have my smoothie for breakfast between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m.  and by 11:00 a.m I am starting to really want lunch.
Do I need to make a bigger smoothie? Mine are in a 16 oz. glass and usually consist of one frozen banana and about 10 frozen cherries and diet green tea or diet cream soda to mix it with.

Sheral
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Jerzy,

You caught me. I am afraid to eat anything now. So I am going slow to see what reacts. I had a little reaction today but nothing near what it's been. I don't have too many choices left, so I will eat what I can. (Lunch was substantial, though!)  :drool:

t- rock - glad you are with us. I think we all need to re focus from time to time. The extra support toward a common goal could make a real difference.  Maybe this is something we can call upon from time to time to make sure we reach our goals and beyond.  *woot*

Shera,  Good to have you - the more the merrier. It will be good to compare. I am sure we will all learn something.  :thumbsup:
You are correct, your appetite will diminish in it's own time. I never did the smoothie thing bc I don't find them filling in the long run but VERY filing as I am drinking it. For me, I think it happenned half way through the second month. Also if you look at your ingredients it really isn't much. Maybe you need to add something else to give it more substance. (Beans, maybe? NIKI?)
But having said that, there are definitely days when I am watching the clock and can barely make it till noon. I take that as an indication that I need more fiber, aka beans. If I add them in, I am better the next day. Are you hungry after dinner?

More tomorrow!

Shera

Post by Shera »

Julie,
  Yes sometimes I am hungry after dinner. I will usually have fruit or some soy nuts.......but I am thinking of cutting out the soy stuff totally. I have had popcorn only 2 or 3 times since I started in June.

I think a lot of my problem is that I often can't tell real hunger from just wanting to eat something............does that make sense?

Sheral

Today.....
B....banana, cherry smoothie
L....cup of split pea soup and a small piece of salmon and a grapefruit
D....watermelon, banana, cherry smoothie. Squash, tomato, onion stir fry/tiny bit of olive oil
Last edited by Shera on August 4th, 2009, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

YES! I feel like that right now. I am not hungry but the urge is there to eat. In my case, I think it is boredon and avoidance. I go back and forth.

My point is if you up your fiber intake at night - beans and such, it could set you up for a more controlled appetite tomorrow. Maybe - but you do eat BF early. When I ate BF at that time, I had difficulty waiting until noon. Now I eat when I get to work around 9. That has worked better for me.

Roger also recommended chewing SF gum in case it is just the urge to chew. That may help.  It does help me.

Take care,
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hey Julie409,

Ever tried rebounding? It's great if you have bad knees and definitely gives you a great total body workout in 45 minutes.

CQ
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I made it through day 1 yesterday.  Good luck to everyone today!