TYRA'S TACO SALAD

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
Victoria

TYRA'S TACO SALAD

Post by Victoria »

Tyra's Taco Salad is going on my "MUST MAKE AGAIN' list.  I made it for lunch today and if anyone has missed Taco Bell, this beats even their taco salad!  I am including the recipe below for those of you who do not have the recipe cards.

==========================================================

TYRA'S TACO SALAD

1/2 lb. lean ground sirloin
1/2 lb. ground turkey breast (skinless)
1 package taco seasoning mix (Old El Paso)
2 cups or more chopped lettuce
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. chopped onion (optional)
1 can refried beans (Old El Paso)

Brown beef & turkey. Add seasoning mix & cook as package suggests.

On a large plate, layer heated refried beans, then lettuce, cooked mixture, onions, tomatoes and top with Danita's Salsa.

(also try chicken)
============================================================

Notes: I used Old El Paso Fat Free Refried Beans and Tostitos Chunky Salsa.  Danita's Salsa is another laminated card recipe, but I didn't make because I love the Tostitos brand.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: TYRA'S TACO SALAD

Post by crickadoodle »

I loved Taco Bell's taco salad and look forward to trying this one soon.  It sounds easy and delicious.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I got the ingredients for this last night and will make it for lunch today.  Can't wait!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

*love* This was very good.  It satisfied me and I easily lasted until dinner with no snacking.  I also thawed some taco soup that was in the freezer from the last time I made it.  I had a whole Mexican fiesta! ;)
rodie

Post by rodie »

Made the taco salad and had it for lunch today,it was really good, I will be sure to keep this one in my file.I have more for tomorrow lunch.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
redkat

Post by redkat »

This sounds like a really good salad.  I think I'll try it soon.

Crickadoodle, I notice from your profile that you're in Louisiana. What part?  I live near Baton Rouge.

Kathy
Kathy
Gene

Post by Gene »

Little Mary,

Tell Vickilynn about the package taco mix.......

ICL

Gene
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Gene,

i know what Mary would tell me -- no sugar. This recipe is one of the recipe cards that I received when I ordered the latest "Let's Do Lunch" red book and it calls for using El Paso taco seasoning mix.  I looked this morning at a packet I have and discovered it contains sugar, which is a no-no. I didn't think to read the ingredients when I bought the seasoning mix because I thought if it was stated on the recipe card it would be o.k.

I am finding that there are several recipes that I have made from the recipe cards that state a certain brand to use, and then find out that they are not acceptable.  For example, on the Danita's Three Bean Salad Delight it states to use Bush's kidney beans, drained.  I found out from Mary that Bush's kidney beans have sugar added and I should not be using them.  I am trying to follow LDL, but am running into obstacles when making lunch using the recipe cards.  I guess from now on it's "read the ingredients" always!

Thanks for your help.

VickiLynn
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I really enjoy Mexican food so will get ingredients at the store- We are limited on big stores-Have to drive 45 minutes to Sam's, but Walmart will have the things I need.  Thanks, Joyful Friend
mely920
New, but learning

Post by mely920 »

:) it sounds really good and im gonna try it put up new things... thanks!
Melissa Munoz
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I'm making taco salad when I get home from work. I was browning some sirloin/ground turkey with onion and garlic. I used some for the spaghetti squash that I made. I reserved half for a taco salad. So it's just a matter of compiling the ingredients. I'm making my evening smoothie, only this time I'm adding fresh spinach. Yum!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yummm Tina
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...