Kindle

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jraeg
New, but learning

Kindle

Post by jraeg »

For all of you that have a Kindle, "Lets Do Lunch" is available now!  Yeah!
jraeg
New, but learning

Re: Kindle

Post by jraeg »

On my Kindle, I shopped the Kindle Store and typed in "Let's Do Lunch" and it was there!  I tried when I first received my Kindle for Mother's Day and it wasn't there yet.  If you don't have a Kindle, you get it at Amazon.com.  They are really cool! 
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

What is a Kindle?
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

VickiLynn wrote:What is a Kindle?

It is a divice a little smaller than a piece of paper and about 1/4 inch thick that you can download books on.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Thanks, Joe!

I think I will take a look at Amazon. I am a hugh book reader (sometimes one paperback in two days), mostly fiction.  I used to spend a lot of $$ at Walmart to feed my habit, but now shop at used book stores.  Right now our Library is having a sale -- bring in any size bag and fill it for only $5.  I have taken advantage of this and now have a really big box of paperbacks that will last me 1-2 months.  It would be nice to have such a device for riding in the car instead of having to look down at my book to read -- that way I can enjoy the scenery.

Vicki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

VickiLynn wrote:Thanks, Joe!

I think I will take a look at Amazon. I am a hugh book reader (sometimes one paperback in two days), mostly fiction.  I used to spend a lot of $$ at Walmart to feed my habit, but now shop at used book stores.  Right now our Library is having a sale -- bring in any size bag and fill it for only $5.  I have taken advantage of this and now have a really big box of paperbacks that will last me 1-2 months.  It would be nice to have such a device for riding in the car instead of having to look down at my book to read -- that way I can enjoy the scenery.

Vicki

They are a bit pricey right now $300-$500, but they can hold 1,500 books. So you may have to make a choice here............Do I want a Kindle or a Vita Mix......Kindle or Vita Mix................

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
jraeg
New, but learning

Post by jraeg »

I have enjoyed mine immensely.  You can download books anywhere in less than a minute.  Mine usually takes only a few seconds.  Many newer books are around $9.99, but the books I buy are usually 7.99 or less.  Same as buying paperbacks.  I highly recommend it.  We bought my mother-in-law one for her 60th b-day, and she downloaded the Bible on it and uses it for Bible study, and absolutely loves it.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm a voracious reader & really really REALLY wanted a Kindle2 when Amazon started advertising them, but my kids have about convinced me to upgrade my Ipod & use it instead.  DD#1, Kayce, downloads all her fave books for the same price as Kindle plus all her movies & music, which Kindle cannot do.  She said she gets the hot best sellers before they appear in the bookstores, which is a bonus for her, an impatient "kid".  I thought the smaller size might make my eyes tired, but she says you can adjust the text size and scrolling speed to suit your individual reading habits.  So there you are.

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage