Dates

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Jokin

Dates

Post by Jokin »

Hi;
I was wondering about dates. Are they OK to eat. I know they are VERY sweet, so I don't know if they are allowed fruits.
Thanks
LovinLDL

Re: Dates

Post by LovinLDL »

I think these are out.  I know for a fact they stopped our weight loss (dh and I ate a lot about a year after starting LDL...one of those "good deals" from Sams Club).  I think they caused big cravings...they don't even sound very apealing these days...too sweet!

Blessings,
Julie
Jokin

Post by Jokin »

Thanks. You know, when you question something, you usually know the answer already. I supposed that you could eat dates, but only in moderation, because of the high sugar content. They have a lot of fiber, though.

Thanks, again,
Joyce
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Jokin and Welcome to LDL!

Dates and Figs are two of the fruits that should be avoided on LDL. Dates are the sweetest of all fruit and may contain up to 80% sugar. Figs are next in line. They may contain up to 55% sugar but they are usually sold dried and, therefore, making the percentage of sugar even higher.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, "Then why are fruits like watermelon and grapes allowed? They are very sweet." Watermelon only contains approximately 6% sugar by weight, the rest is water and grapes contain approximately 80% water.

I hope this information helps you to understand why they are not allowed.

CQ
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

CQ
I am sure glad you are here.  You have such great info.  I know I eat rasiens to take the shaky feeling away if you go to long without eating  I it is because of the high sugar levels in them.
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]