GETTING STARTED

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tryinghard

GETTING STARTED

Post by tryinghard »

Thanks for the encouragement. I did it for about four days and quit. Just can't seem to get enough motivation.
I guess the desire to lose weight and be healthy has to be greater than the enjoyment of chocolate, etc.
i just can't seem to give this up.  But I don't know where the discipline and self-control come from.
bamaluvr

Re: GETTING STARTED

Post by bamaluvr »

How much weight do you want to lose? Only you can decide to do this plan, the reason could be.......yourself, to feel better, fit into some old clothing in the back of the closet, some important date coming up soon. Tell yourself you will try it for 2 weeks and just see if you notice any differences. Its really easy after you get to use to changing your meals around. You lose your cravings on the plan, but everyone has their own pace for everything to happen.

During those 4 days did you feel better? Find the plan easy? Sleep better?

You have to have a plan....when you want some food that is NOT ldl friendly.....read a book,get on the phone(away from the bad food) get on the boards and read or talk to some of us, take a walk. Fight that craving with a plan. Do some house hold chore you know has to be done. Be like a boyscout always be prepared.

Hope this helps some.  :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
rodie

Post by rodie »

Tryinghard,

It's always hard to start something new,heck I had done and tried sooooo many different plans what was the use.After reading thru the website and after getting the book,I thought oh what heck whats one more failure :thumbdown:
I feel about bread and potatoes the way you must feel about chocolate,don't get me wrong, I like chocolate too,most do, right? Anyways make a long story short,I started this woe around June 1st or so and have lost a 19 lbs.It amazes me that I don't crave the potatoes or the bread anymore,I guess that because I eat alot of corn on the cob.
I have to omit that I'm not totally 100% doing everything legal,but I have change so darn much I love this way of eating and I love Roger for this wonderful book,also for all the help and great support you get on this site.
It has been the easiest thing I have EVER done,and if there is a time that you slip and fall off the wagon it is so darn easy to jump back aboard.
Good Luck
YOU CAN DO THIS!
ONE STEP at a time!
ONE POUND at a time!

Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

I didn't think that I could give up bread and potatoes.. but I don't crave them.  I would tell you to give it a month.  See how you feel.  I noticed that I don't snore as much.  :tongue: and I'm full all the time.  *woot*
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

You can do it.  When I started it wasn't the chocolate but the potatoe chips and sour cream.  It didn't have to be mixed with anything.  What I did was This is poison to my body and just refused to eat it.  As the chocolate.  Eat as much as you can of the sweetest fruit and it won't take long to lose the cravings.  I had a bite of my DH ice cream and thought I would gag as was so sweet.  This program will work please give it a chance.  We are here for you.  This is a wonderful support team

Maybe there is someone in you office that might like to be with you on LDL and you can work as a team.  I have my daughter and now a friend here where I live.  You just have someone to chat with and then both of you have the same goal.  You have to do this for yourself and no one else and after awhile it does get easier.
CL
Last edited by Clown Lady on August 27th, 2009, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
powder99

Post by powder99 »

My cravings stopped very quickly. I was motivated at first just to grin and bear it and IN NO TIME at all, my cravings went away. It is important to follow the plan so this happens to you too. Know that you can do this plan when you want and the pounds will fall off. I can cook things for others that I can't eat and it does not bother me in the least. The only time I get really hungry is just before lunch which is a good thing as I like to eat a feast.
Jim
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Tryinghard,

I hear your pain.  I was a chocolate, sweet anything addicted person.  When I started LDL I had already made up my mind that I needed to kick the sugar out of my life.  The question was how?  The First Magazine article addressed it and LDL has been working great every since.

My question to you is what fruits have you been eating?  Right now watermelon is incredible.  Peaches are still available and as well as a ton of other fruits.  Those black sweet cherries--oh my gosh.

If you don't like fruit but have a sugar need--then you really aren't giving fruits a real chance.  I can't put a piece of sugar in my mouth or hardly stand the smell of a candy bar and it's all because of fruit, not will power.

I've been working with my 17 old son on this swoe.  He has a fruit smoothie in the morning and told me that for lunch at school he's having the sandwich without the top piece of bread (the LDL Club is still not up running at school) and at night it's a fruit smoothie.  He will not eat a piece of fruit other than a banana or strawberries.  He'll drink a fruit smoothie even with beans in it. 

I tell him that once he has attained a healthy weight for a 6'2" kid that he can then determine for himself if this swoe is smarter than eating pasta, bread, and other processed stuff.  So far he's quite happy drinking smoothies and eating a good lunch.

Look at what you want for your body and then determine how you are going to attain it.  LDL is a wonderful way of eating.

RB Kayaking
jerriday
New, but learning

Post by jerriday »

Tryinghard,
I wish I could fast forward you to ABOUT 2 weeks after you have followed LDL.  Then you would understand how free you will be from cravings and how empowered you will  become to maintain a healthy LDL lifestyle. I am 64 and have struggled with my weight since my childhood.  I don't think you could name a diet I didn't try.  All resulted in temporary success then total failure.  For the first fime in all those years I feel normal, free, empowered, optomistic, thinner and in control. 
Please please don't give up.  You will thank yourself if you keep trying.....................Jerri 
AvonDianne

Post by AvonDianne »

[size=100]Hi trying hard  & everyone else here.
        I am fairly new to LDL, and can understand what your saying about where do you get your discipline and self control.
        I am still learning every day , and still trying to form good LDL habits, but for me I look at this as a positive healthy new way of life.  I know each day I am one step closer to having a perfect LDL day, and it all does not happen over night.

For me I get discipline and the motivation for self control, by reading the boards, and my good friend Trish,  who is also on LDL, and has been an inspiration to me to stay on track.  See how successful so many have been, shows me that I can do it too.

I have not gotten ride of all of my cravings, and I have messed up.  This past weekend I went away with friends, and blew my diet completely.  Come Monday morning, instead of being too upset with myself I went back to a fresh new start.  { Okay, and a phone call from Trish telling me I can do it }

I know for me, as I see little changes start to take place... it helps spark more self control.  Just think if you see changes in your body with a less then perfect LDL day, just how wonderful it will feel when you are at the point of seeing the plan working at its best, as soon as all the bad foods are out of your diet.    I know that chocolate isn't approved, but dint let that one piece of chocolate discourage you.  Before you know it, you will not be thinking of chocolate any more. 

I look forward to hearing how your doing, and I also look forward to getting to know everyone else.

Dianne

I have to work on making my ticker.... so I can start to watch the lbs melt away  { I hope}
For now I have 5 lbs lost  and alot more to go...
[/size]
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

AvonDianne,  Another thing that has helped me is to keep a journal.  It is something about writing it down where others can read and help you out if you are going in the wrong direction. 
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

It seems to me the discipline and self control comes from how great this woe makes you feel daily.  Because you already know how bad you were feeling from eating the old way. Nothing tastes as good or feels as good as loosing weight, eating great tasting food and then the cherry on top is how great you feel.
Winner winner Chicken dinner eerrrr  eeeuummm  LUNCH  ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

And you get to eat the cherry on top too. :D