Chili rellenos/N.M. Mexican food has anyone made them LDL friendly????

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Yvette
New, but learning

Chili rellenos/N.M. Mexican food has anyone made them LDL friendly????

Post by Yvette »

It is chili season here in the southwest.  I have prepared my chili with the approved LDL ingredients fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili, fresh limejuice, and cilantro. I am set for months.  What I am craving is chili rellenos has anyone found a way to make them LDL friendly? I was thinking of stuffing them with ground chicken breast I found @ Food City baking them in something but what maybe cream of mushroom-I made and found here somewhere on the site.

We love NM Mexican food but living south of Tucson Sonora is different from what we like and are used to.  When we went to Nogales and had lunch at Las Veges (pronounched Las Veeges) I had beans which were great I made the mistake of asking how they were made. I thought I was doing great till then, lol.

I have tried the great ideas here and I feel I have been doing good. 

Yvette
Yvette--In Arizona
t-rock
Master Member

Re: Chili rellenos/N.M. Mexican food has anyone made them LDL friendly????

Post by t-rock »

Hi Yvette:

Have you considered pureeing some white beans, or black beans, and adding just a touch of FF or lowfat cheese and stuffing the rellenos with the mixture and then baking ?  I have never made a chili relleno but would think that might be a good filling.

Take care.

TIss
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Ohhh, I love chile rellenos too!  I'm going to have to do that one day.
806Shari

Post by 806Shari »

I wish I had a BIG plate of these right now.  sounds so wonderful.  I think this will be my goal for this weekend.  :thumbsup:

Yvette
New, but learning

Post by Yvette »

Ok I'm going to try these for my lunch tomarrow.  Great ideas learning how to twick things is what is important.  The stuffing is going to be ground chicken breast, mashed pintos, with seasoning and a touch of FF cheese. This is going to work.

For lunch I had tacos.  Ground chicken breast wrapped in lettice w/ my chili and a bowl of pintos.  I am still stuffed and its 8:11pm.  I am on my 3-4 week and much to my surprise I can not eat as much as I first did. I did weigh myself I lost 4.4 lbs not as much as I was hoping for but I forgot I add some extra goodies *lipssealed*.

I am going to try other variations that were mentioned when I get back from our trip.
Yvette--In Arizona
Yvette
New, but learning

Post by Yvette »

They turned outgreat I added corn as a side and good meal. Thanks to everyone w/imput. 
Yvette--In Arizona