WOMEN'S ISSUES!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Sweetpea

WOMEN'S ISSUES!

Post by Sweetpea »

:blush: Hey girls... is it okay to discuss Womenly issues here?... in connection to LDL of course. I don't want to offend anyone here, so I'm asking first. I have some changes in certain things (positive ones) and I'm wondering about sharing and asking questions about it.
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

EnJae
Master Member

Re: WOMEN'S ISSUES!

Post by EnJae »

I reckon as long as the guys are given fair warning to avoid the topic if they are easily bothered by women's issues... I say go for it.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I vote yes!  :thumbsup:

I would love to hear more positive changes. And you never know how that one bit of info will help someone to commit to LDL and a lifetime of good health!  I have often thought we should have a section called The Ladies Room for stuff like this. But I would bet it would be the first place the men would go to see what's up!  ;)

Can't wait to hear more.

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie, I agree :laughing:

But we could have a Men's Room, too.

CQ
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

Well... Just a few days ago I started my first period since living with LDL and I had some MAJOR changes from the norm. First of all... my cycles can be so heavy that they have me practically bedridden for up to 3 days each month... not good for anyone, but try being the homeschooling mom of FIVE kids with that situation!!!

THIS TIME when I started I was weak for the first day... but other than laying down for a little while with a heating pad and a couple ibuprofen I was fine. I DID add a little protein to my dinner (albacore tuna) because I felt weak, but that was the only thing I did that wasn't LDL. I was shocked on day 2 when I was so full of energy I was able to work out for almost an hour in the gym! My husband asked me "are you feelin alright, this isn't like you"?! My answer was "that's just it, I AM feeling alright... BETTER than alright"! He did ask me to wait til I'd had my lunch, so I would have protein in my system... and not end up passing out, which I conceded to.

Other than that first day with a little weakness... I've hardly been able to tell on ON my cycle at all (other than the obvious trips to the ladies room).

AND secondly... anybody else noticing an increase in LIBIDO?! I feel like a newlywed!

Again... hope I haven't offended anyone... seriously, let's talk!
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI CQ!  Yes, you're right we could have a men's room as well. :laughing:  *hug*  Boy, would I love to see that!

Sweetpea!  How great for you!  No pain and a dancing heart!  The list of benefits from LDL keep on growing.  ;)

Julie  :rose:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Tiffany, Before LDL I was only having a period every 11 months.  I was glad to see the end of three weeks of brutal torture every month, but grrr...  that meant the Big M and I am MUCH too young for that (ha HA).  After a few months on LDL, my hormone balance was restored and I started having regular cycles again that were MUCH lighter.  Glad I didn't follow the gyno's advice & have that hysterectomy.

Crippling pain from osteo & rheumatoid arthritis has abated, too.  I was shocked to find myself with more than half my pain med prescription left in the bottle at the end of the month!  The rhumatologist jumped up & did a happy dance last time I was in to see him. :inlove:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Gweenaford,

It regulated mine, too.

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

LDL fixed my periods too..Now I have to keep it marked on the calendar....Breast soreness is gone......My nails are growing long and strong.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

I did still have breast soreness this time, BUT I had only been on LDL for a few weeks so I'm looking forward to seeing more change as I go along... time to go eat some meatloaf, I'm HUNGRY! ;D

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I was wondering about one thing.  Those awful wild hairs that tend to grow on the chin mainly -- I find I am not plucking them so often!  :D :laughing:  Has anyone noticed that too??  It just hit me the other day, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.  Well, as far as periods go, I haven't had one in about a year.  If they come back, I'll let you know, but it's OK if they don't.  :D  I never had a really bad time with them, though, so I cannot complain. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

crickadoodle wrote:I was wondering about one thing.  Those awful wild hairs that tend to grow on the chin mainly -- I find I am not plucking them so often!   :D :laughing:   Has anyone noticed that too?? 

YES!  I didn;t even realize it until you mentioned it. Eureka!  Now my kids won't be armed with tweezers if I land in  the hospital unexpectedly. I made them promise to pluck them!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Julie  :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Isn't that amazing?  I'm so glad.  Those little hairs can be so aggravating.  I wonder why it did this, though.  Maybe CQ can figure it out.  I guess it could have something to do with eating less meat. ??
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

OK, guys, Welcome to Biology 101 :D

I'll try to make it easy for you to understand but if you still have any questions just email me.

As children, both boys and girls have small amounts of testosterone. As we reach puberty those amounts increase and we start to grow hair (arm pits, pubic area, etc).

As adults, women still have testosterone but in lower amounts than men. They have approximately 10 times the amount that we have.

Androgen is a type of testosterone that is usually found in higher amounts among women with hair on the chin, upper lip, around the nipples and the mid abdomen. But, that is not always the case. Sensitive hair follicles with normal testosterone levels will also cause you to grow hair.

Now, here's the kicker....In 1997 I believe it was, Penn State did a study regarding the relationship between diet and testosterone levels. The results showed that eating a low fat diet decreased the level of testosterone in the body.

So, the answer is that the LDL program with it's low fat agenda has lowered your Androgen level.  :thumbsup:

By the way, the same Androgen excess has been found to be responsible for hair loss from our head (just like a thyroid condition). Maybe that's why a lot of us have noticed thicker, shinier hair.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on September 10th, 2009, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I knew you'd have a good answer for us on this!  :D  So, I was on the right track about a smaller amount of meat.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle, yes, if you were eating a lot of fatty meat and/or a lot of fat such as gravies, butter, etc. before LDL.

You need to eat your heavy protein (lean meat) at lunch, just try to not to go over eight ounces. Your body can't utilize any more than that at once and over time can be damaging to the kidneys.

I personally try to stay between four to six ounces.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I never was an extremely big meat eater, but did eat more than I'm eating now.  I did use butter and milk, also.  I always hated those little hairs, and who'd have thought this blessing would be a by-product of LDL.  :D  You hear a lot of the hormones given to cattle and chickens and all, that probably has something to do with it too, I would think.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle,

Unfortunately, yes.

They have finally admitted that the hormones in milk (cows that have been injected) have increased the early development of breast in very young girls. That's why my friend buys his daughter organic milk.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I taught 4th grade for 24 years and a few years back I remember talking to parents of twin girls who were the same age as my students.  The dad was my chiropractor and he and his wife believed in buying the kinds of meat and things without hormores.  They couldn't believe the difference when looking at other kids their girls' age.  There was a great difference.  The twins still looked like kids, but the others were starting to look like adults.
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

WOW! Thanks CQ! As I have 3 daughters (and 2 sons) I will be paying more attention to THEIR mile products.... I'm really glad I started this thread because I'm learning a lot!