Newbie to the LDL Community

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
sestep0405
New, but learning

Newbie to the LDL Community

Post by sestep0405 »

I just started and have lost 5lbs in a little over a week after reading the book. I am enjoying trying the new recipes and I am having a blast reading comments from others on this site.  I love how everyone and even Roger is so involved in responding to people's comments and questions. 
I am loving this new journey to a new me.
:thumbsup:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Newbie to the LDL Community

Post by crickadoodle »

Let me welcome you to LDL.  It is what I've been looking for all my adult life and have finally found at 50!  I have lost over 20 lbs. in a little over 2 months.  It is so easy, as the cravings have left, and I have total control over what I eat.  I won't eat what I don't put in my mouth, and I won't put in my mouth what I don't want to eat.  I don't want to eat unhealthy foods, so I don't put them in my mouth.  I enjoy what I eat.  The recipes on the boards are great.  Little Mary's recipes are the best I've tried so far, but she was a chef in Europe at one time, so she knows what she's doing.

Enjoy eating all the fruit you want and still lose weight.  Enjoy eating beans and get rid of your bad starch cravings.  Enjoy watching your number on the scale go down while not feeling deprived.  Enjoy all the wonderful people who will encourage you along the way.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome- I can't add much to what Crickadoodle said.  This way of eating truly is a joy and a dream come true.  Pam
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

Thank you for all the encouragement and tips. I absolutely enjoy this site and I have my mother-in-law to thank for introducing me to the Let's Do Lunch book.  She has been doing it as well. She has lost around 15lbs in about a month.
I am 39 and I feel like I have been over weight all my life. About 5 years ago I had to have a full hysterectomy and since have gained well over 35 lbs.  I have tried numerous diets never having any success and ending up falling off the wagon after 2wks and the longest I ever stuck to a diet (bad word) is about a month and a half.  That one was counting calories and boy did that get old.  I enjoy this diet because you can eat as much of the LDL foods as you want and still lose. 
I was reading in one of the forums that someone was craving cinnamon rolls and they made the popcorn sprayed with Pam (butter flavored) and sprinkled with cinnamon. I stopped at the store this morning before coming to work and bought me some Pam and cinnamon! I usually have Orville Redenbacher's 94% FF popcorn for a snack during the day so cant wait to try this today!!  :D
Again, thank you and hope you all have a wonderful day!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yes, I agree, "diet" is a bad word. :stop:  I call it a "livet,"  :thumbsup: because it makes my life so enjoyable, I can really live it.  You see, if you like what you eat and there is no portion control, it isn't a punishment for bad eating behavior.  You will stick to it, because it is good tasting and good for you.  RT knows that diets didn't work for him and he stresses that you have to like what you are eating or you won't stick to it.  We want to see you have long term success, not just lose a bunch of weight.  You can lose the weight quickly on LDL -- the fastest I've ever lost it in my life -- but you are changing your lifestyle and the weight will stay off because of this.  After you lose the weight, you'll still have these changes in lifestyle that will keep the weight off.  That is the goal, I think, of this plan.  Long-term success.  There is room for slip ups.  When you slip up, just get back on again.  No condemnation. 
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I'd like to also welcome you to the LDL family..........there is no other place as good as this one in which to lose weight......the food is wonderful and with no portion control.........eat all we want to and still lose weight :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:......there is so much help and support here that it is next to impossible to fail if you do LDL as written!........like crickadoodle said, if you have a slip up you just get right back on again.......I know because I have fallen off track once  and it was so easy to get right back in the groove......Again, welcome to this Woe.......

Cookie
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the train to Skinnytown
Everyone has given you good advice.  When you have a question we are here to support you and we love each other.  Just post and we will chime in.  I am 66 and heavy all my life.  I can't remember not being overweight.  I have tried everything Jenny Craig, WW, TOPS and every diet that came down the pike.  This is the only plan that has worked for me and I give the thanks to my daughter Snoopy here on the board for the book.  I have lost 31 pounds in 16 weeks.  I have sometimes strayed but jump right back on.  It is the easiest way of eating ever.  I like what crickadoodle says about what goes in her mouth. 
We wish you will with your journey
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

Thank you all and I love the term "Skinnytown!!"  LOL 
In the last week, i have been doing what Roger has told us all "not" to do and that is weighing everyday.  I stopped since the last couple of days the scale has not moved.  Im not sure if it was because those past couple of days I had been eating a small dinner (grilled chicken and veggies) with my husband, that my weight came to a halt.  Before, i was just eating fruit for dinner and a very small portion of frozen yogurt.  When i was eating that way and eating my big protein meal at lunch, I was losing.  So, last night i went back to eating fruit and my Small portion of frozen yogurt. 
Note: I was a ice cream junkie! Actually, i was a sweets person all the way around. I loved anything chocolate. LOL  Soo, i am taking baby steps to getting away from that and so far so good. 
My favorite thing so far that I have found in the book as far as recipes is the bean soup! Awesome!! I have only made it once and when i did i made it kinda thick but still ate it and treated it like mashed potatoes! I ate it with everything. So, this weekend i will be making me some more.
Again, thanks for all the help on here. It is nice to have such wonderful people to talk to about this since we are all on the same train to Skinnytown!!

Shelley  ;D
Arlington, Texas
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

[left]Image  ...Shelly, to the best Community in the world...
:kissed:....

Chrissy
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

Thanks Chrissy!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Shelley, eating the protein at night will stall your weight loss.  I find that if I eat anything but fruit at night, my weight loss slows down a lot.  If I eat just fruit for breakfast and dinner, I lose quickly.  Personally, weighing daily helps me because I see if a "minor" variation in my diet has an effect.  Like when I decided to eat popcorn one night and had eaten corn on the cob several days in a row, I actually gained weight.  So, although these are acceptable LDL foods, I gained weight and decided to stay away from them.  The problem some people have with daily weighing is if they don't lose, they get a little depressed which can make them not want to give LDL a chance and they stop the program.  You know how it affects you. 

I have been trying to stay off the scale until my birthday on Sept. 20th. (You are invited to my party at Crickadoodle's Cottage -- food journal.)  Well, I ate bean soup the last two nights -- the first night because I cooked it then and wanted to taste it, the second night because I gave blood yesterday and felt maybe fruit wouldn't be enough.  I got on the scale this morning and my weight is stalled.  Normally, I would have lost 3 lbs. by now.  So that lets me know that only fruit for me at night will keep that scale moving down.  I'm fine with just fruit and really love the results. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

crickadoodle wrote: Personally, weighing daily helps me because I see if a "minor" variation in my diet has an effect.  Like when I decided to eat popcorn one night and had eaten corn on the cob several days in a row, I actually gained weight.  So, although these are acceptable LDL foods, I gained weight and decided to stay away from them. 

the only thing you're monitoring when you weigh daily is fluid retention......it takes a couple of days for you to see a weight gain and EVEN if you do, you really don't know that it's from eating a particular food a couple of days before.....
you can get away with weighing yourself in the first month or two when most of what you're losing is fluid...but, you're increasing the risk of sabotaging yourself by weighing yourself often........after the first couple of months on let's do lunch, i went two months twice without losing anything....instead of weighing myself, i got clothes out that were tight and didn't weigh myself until they fit.....each time, i got up one morning feeling thin, tried on the tight pants and they fit.......i lost 5 pounds each time....
the let's do lunch book i bought in 2006 was the basic plan......roger stated in that book that all dairy products were fattening, even fat free ones.....at that time, protein once a day included eggs and there was no such thing as "light" and "heavy" protein.....i see in the book now out that cottage cheese and eggs in the am and tomato juice are on the menu and i know that i would never have lost the weight i lost eating that stuff.....that's why if someone is not losing as fast as they would like, i recommend only fruit for breakfast.....i recommend the whole fruit instead of smoothies...and no dried fruit or juices.....
bean soup at ANY time is a win-win situation.......
for me personally, i found that i lose better when i eat fruit for breakfast AND dinner......one meal mid-day .....i eat popcorn in the beginning if i've gone off track and more protein, but once on track, i go for the most basic let's do lunch plan....the original plan that made roger lose a tremendous amount of weight......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

I see what you are saying about the fruit in the evening. I will absolutely be going back to fruit in the am and pm.  That was working for me. Thank you for the information and the helpful hints. You guys are great supporters.

I feel I have joined a great family with the LDL community.

Bless you all and have a great weekend.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome
You have gotten some good advise from the others.  Here is mine.  The fruit does help with the sugar and chocolate cravings.  it takes a few weeks.  I can't stand the sweetness of the frozen yogart anymore.  way to sweet.  I have never been a big sweet eater I was a chips and sour cream (nothing in it) junkie and I have given it all up as it took alot of wellpower.  I do eat fruit for breakfast and sometimes some beans on cornthins.  Lunch is my protein meal as I really don't like protein at night now as I fell sluggish when I have to change from lunch to dinner.  as for dinner I don't do alot of fruit unless it is watermelon which we still have alot growing right now but I eat my veggies and soups.  I do snack on popcorn but I don't have to to do that very often anymore as I am finally not hungry.  It does pass.  AMAZING what LDL does.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wanted to pop on and welcome you to LDL!  You must have a great relationship with your MIL for her to lead you here.  I think that's wonderful! What better way to show your love for someone than to offer them a great way to get  healthy.

As you can already see this is a loving community.  *love*  NIKI is right about eating the Basic LDL plan of whole fresh fruit in for breakfast and dinner and the main meal at lunch of protein, veggies and soups. Some of us are challenging ourselves to eat this way only and we have called it LDL PURE (you will see the topic), just as a way of identifying what Roger had mentioned to us as the quickest way to get the weight off if you are so inclined. We are all doing very well with it.

You may wish to begin your own food journal to post what you are eating daily so wiser members can offer support.

Weighing yourself is a controversial issue on the boards. I agree with Doodlebug  *hug*  and use the scale to motivate me.

I would wish you success but you have LDL now so your success is assured. Can't wait to hear more and please ask all the questions you need to ask. There is someone here to respond almost any time of the day or night!

Julie :rose:
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

I want to send out a big "Thank you" to you all. You guys are wonderful people and I am having fun reading and learning new things with the LDL way of life. I think it is a wonderful way of living because you are not limited with all the good foods on this program.  :kissed:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I'm also a newbie but wanted to welcome you here. It feels great to post comments and see what everyonw will chim in with.
I am still in the stage where I need to make sure I am not hungry which is more important than loosing lots of weight fast as I know me and If I get too hungry I will totally loose it. That, to me is the beauty of this WOE. You can eat till you are full and also eat a variety of foods that are very satisfying.
Way to go and Welcome,
Bobbi :thumbsup:
sestep0405
New, but learning

Post by sestep0405 »

Today, Tuesday the 15th I got back on the scale after not weighing for a few days and lost another 3lbs!! Yippie.  I stopped the eating in the evening and just sticking to my fruit and frozen yogurt for my dinner.  I am soo siked about this weight loss program. 
Im eating lots of fruit in the AM and maybe sometimes every few days I might have fruit/eggs over refried beans. Then my big protein meal for lunch and nothing else until my fruit and yogurt in the evening. I am loving it!!
I am spreading the news at work with my co-workers and everyone is wanting to read my book!!  Thanks Roger for sharing your program with the world.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

That is great news!  We rejoice with you.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

sestep0405 wrote:Today, Tuesday the 15th I got back on the scale after not weighing for a few days and lost another 3lbs!! Yippie.  I stopped the eating in the evening and just sticking to my fruit and frozen yogurt for my dinner. 

Hey sweetie,

I am so glad you are doing so well on LDL. I wonder if you have started a journal. If you do, you will be able to get assistance from those that have been on the plan for a long long time. I am concerned about your frozen yogurt. Could you please post the ingredients so the food police can check it and make sure it is an allowable LDL choice. It sounds like you are doing well anyway, but eating non LDL foods will certainly slow you down. You can start a topic for just that question. I know that yogurt is at best, only a once in a while thing.  :wrong: 

I would be realy happy to learn that it is allowable. The only treat I was able to have that tasted like ice cream was frozen pureed bananas. But I developed an allergy to them and had to stop.  *lipssealed*

Julie :rose: