My challenge

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
mlpautzke
New, but learning

My challenge

Post by mlpautzke »

I started LDL on Wednesday and overcame a challenge yesterday at work.  A coworker left her Burger King fries at our table in the break room and another coworker was eating flavored toast!  I was tempted to eat both but ate neither!  I am pretty proud!  I have been eating so much food lately, feels like more than I normally would and I have lost some weight!  It is so great!!!

Today, I have an adult birthday party to go to and I heard they made potato salad, deviled eggs, and they are serving hotdogs.  My question is, what do I do?  Do I bring my own food to eat?  Can I have turkey dogs? 

I am also excited, I am making my first LDL recipe (besides the smoothies). I am making pizza soup!!!!!  I am excited!!!
Michelle

mlpautzke
New, but learning

Re: My challenge

Post by mlpautzke »

I am on my second time reading the book and now taking notes and highlighting so I can find things that I think are important, more easily!!!  I am pretty excited!  Thanks!
Michelle
Michelle

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome to LDL, Michelle.

We went to some friends' house for dinner last week and I brought watermelon and honeydew melon to eat while everyone else ate their meals.  Everyone was interested in what I was doing and wanted to know about LDL.  Another couple was there too.  By the time we left, everyone was saying that they were going to get the book and do it too.  It is important to be prepared before these chances for temptation.  Eating fruit makes it easy to resist sweets -- you've already gotten full on sweet fruit.  Eating beans makes it easy to resist starches.  I find this the easiest weight loss plan I've ever followed.  No only am I losing faster than I ever remember, but I am in no way feeling deprived.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Michelle,

Roger and Doodle have given you some great advice. Just follow their lead and you will do wonderfully.

Just think of how great you will feel after KNOWING that you can do LDL for life no matter what occasions come up!

Julie :rose:
mlpautzke
New, but learning

Post by mlpautzke »

Thanks so much for all the input!!!  I really appreciate it!  I do not know anyone else doing LDL so it's nice to have a place to turn to!  I made Pizza soup for lunch and everyone loved it! 
Michelle

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Michelle, You are on your way!  Just reading posts from long time LDL  members really have helped me a whole lot.  I've been eating LDL since June and every day gets better than the last because my thoughts are not consumed with what shall I eat.  I know and I'm not hungry and my clothes are getting too big.  Praise the Lord for LDL.  I just want the whole world to become free. My daughter and I are the only ones around here who do it; however, we are trying to change that. Keep up your enthusiasm for it and you will be down quickly.  Forever Friend
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the train to skinnytown
By all means take your food with you.  I even take my corn thins and sometimes my fruit when we go out to eat.  Check out the posts for business cards there a few of us using them to spread the word about LDL.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Welcome,
I take my food with me too.  Good luck!!! :)
T
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

M...

by all means... take food with you!  No harm at all!  It's just food!  OR take a HUGE bowl of fruit to the party... and indulge!  I bet others choose the fruit over the junk too.

I have been on this plan for two months yesterday... and have lost 31 pounds... and the trick is to ALWAYS be prepared... keep fruit, cut up in your fridge ALL THE TIME... and ifyou need to be somewhere in a hurry, just pack some in a container and go!

I also keep dried mangos in the car... for emergencies only... I don't eat them all the time... but only when I forget to take my fruit with me and need something... it's better than choosing fast food or anything else unhealthy...

You have chosen THE BEST AND EASIEST way to drop pounds... Congrats!
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Sicily! Way to go! 31 pounds! AWESOME!! To quote an earlier post from you: WOOOOOO to the HOOOOO!  *hug*  :rose:  :rose:

Along with Tina, you're going to be a poster child for LDL!

It is so great to see your family not only backing you on this, but doing it right along with you. You all are a great team, but you know that already.

God bless on the rest of the journey -- I think it's going to be a lot shorter than you ever imagined.

And Michelle, you can do this. Everyone has to make it their own and work for them. I've found that bringing a food contribution that I can eat is always welcome to social situations. I also found that a really easy explanation is not so say you're on any kind of a diet (because you AREN'T), but that you're gluten free, or have found that your health is so much better with unprocessed foods and you want to keep on that track. These statements are TRUE, and are also food for thought for your friends and family without going overboard with more information than they want. As people see you losing weight and glowing with health, they will seek you out -- and many will be interested enough to give it a try along with you.

Best of luck with your friends -- who love you and will be happy for your success!

Terri
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Thank you TProuty... that was so nice of you!