My journey

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
lbeeson
New, but learning

My journey

Post by lbeeson »

My journey started last November, the day after Thanksgiving.  I weighed myself and was disgusted with what I saw. (220 lbs)  I am only 5 feet 5 inches tall and 220 lbs was my highest weight.  I saw Roger's story on FOX 8 news and ordered the book.  I have tried every weight loss plan possible.  Nothing "stuck".   My inspiration came from hearing the news that I was going to be a grandmother.  I wanted to make sure I was going to be around for a long time. My triglycerides were 448 and I was on 5 different medications.  Once I committed to this way of eating I have not looked back.  Not only have I lost (so far) 61 lbs, my Triglycerides are 88 and I am now on only 2 medications.  My goal is to be on "no meds". I recently went on vacation with the sole purpose of buying new winter clothes.  I have gone from a size 2X top to a size medium (8-10) and from a size 18 pants to a size 8.  Nothing I had to wear for the winter would fit me. I had a blast trying on new clothes (in normal sizes).  My energy level is 5 times what it was a year ago.  I know that what Roger Troy has done for me is a blessing from God.  I will have no problem eating this way the rest of my life.  I am 52 years old and I feel like a 20 year old.  (My husband thanks you too.)  Please keep me in your prayers as I continue this joyful journey.   Thank you very much.  LB :kissed:
Last edited by lbeeson on November 30th, 2009, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazmyn
Master Member

Re: My journey

Post by Jazmyn »

Wow! What an awesome testimonial..thank you so much for sharing with all of us. Congratulations on your phenominal success and your much improved health. I am so happy for you!!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Oh how great.  LDL really ROCKS 
I have had bad tri's also and mine are down but not all the way yet but I have only lost 31 pounds.  Just keep up the good work and enjoy that grandbaby they grow up so quickly mine are 16 and 19
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Great job! thanks for sharing! Very encouraging! :thumbsup:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Congratulations LB!!!  Wow, what a story!  So glad you posted it.
What a lifechanging difference a little over 10 months has made for you.  I'm very happy for your success and for you being more proof of how wonderful it is to eat this Let's Do Lunch way.  You even showed it can be done starting right into the Christmas season!! :shock:
Congratulations too on your new grandchild.
Best wishes,
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Great story LB, thanks so much for sharing it.

(If you can, please send an email to Oprah about your success - Roger would really like that! You can email it on Oprah.com)

Being a Grandmother is the most awesome gift God can bestow!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. It really changes your life.  Now you  will have all the healthy new habits to teach the wee one as well. SO you will have the joy of making future generations healthier and leaner and able to live life tot he fullest.

Congratulations!

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

LB- Congratulations on restoring your health and energy.  LDL does help us achieve miracle results.  You are an inspiration .  I bet you look like a million dollars in your new winter wardrobe :kissed:!  Pam
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

WOW!!! Congrats.... Thanks for sharing because there's alot of people that read these boards that never let us know they are reading them(you know who you are) LOL! Don't ever hold back repeating your story thinking nobody wants to hear it again...Little Marys story never got old to me when I was getting to my goal weight...Someone will always relate to your story that might not to mine...Keep us posted what you are doing and how you are losing...

God Bless You
Preachwife
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

LB I'm looking for an update! How are you doing? I am expecting more good reports from you........... My appologizes if you have posted this somewhere else.
thanks,
Bobbi
Fluffymommmy

Post by Fluffymommmy »

Wow!  Your weight loss is truly an inspiration to this 5'5" 215 lb newbie!!  I hope and pray that I will be posting a similar story next year. Thank you for sharing. God bless you!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wanSe5O/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I had never read this one.  What a great victory and what a life change!  Yes, Fluffy, that will be your story too!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I just sent this testimonial to my youngest sister because I am trying to get her to join me on LDL.  Her health is fine, but she has bad back problems and I know if she lost the 50 lbs. that she keeps saying she wants to lose, her back problems would be diminished considerably.  Hope is her name and I HOPE she will one day join us.
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

WOW, great journey.  That is just a great story.  Inspiration plus!
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Wow - that is truly amazing!!!  I've got a LONG way to go to catch up to you!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.  Congratulations!!!
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

Here I am again.  I year after beginning my LDL journey.  On the day of my year anniversary I met my goal!  Total weight loss of 70 lbs.  I feel so great, I will never go back to eating the way I was before LDL.  I will keep you updated on my maintenance journey!!

Have a wonderful holiday! *love*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow!  Super!!  Great job!!!  I am so happy for you and know that you will continue to be an inspiration to all who know you here and in your life.  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LB,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose: One rose for each month you spent on your journey to a new you  *hug* .

Vicki
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Isn't is great to experience this freedom?  We celebrate with you!  By the way, how's the grandbaby? 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

LB,

I am so glad to have read your update.  *hug*  Wow, 70 lbs is awesome. I like how you just come on here so nonchalant and say - Oh, I have met my goal - see you!

Well what you accomplished is amazing. I know you are enjoying the new life you have created for yourself and the new clothes as well.  I went shopping tonight and really took my time and didn't buy anything I didn;t love. And I bought a dress and returned it right after I tried it on in my office. Now when something doesn't fit, I know it is not me - it is the dress. Now that is a revelation.

Have a wonderful holiday with your family. YOU deserve it and perhaps this will be the first of many years that you are not thinking about losing weight when you make your new year resolutions - priceless! :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

My grandbaby is the light of my life.  She is 8 months old now and can almost say mom maw.  I hope now that I am healthy again, I will live to see her grow up and have a family of her own.    I am now 1 week into maintenance and no weight gain.  This is pretty easy!!  Thank you all for the words of encouragment!  Just know that it can happen if you just take one day at a time! 

Linda B.