Hit the wall...ummm - plateau

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
dmaher123

Hit the wall...ummm - plateau

Post by dmaher123 »

Hi everyone -

I've been living Let's Do Lunch since July 1st and as of August 1st, had lost 20 pounds.  Since then, (7 weeks) I've only lost 4  pounds....and none the last several weeks.    :'(  I am an insulin dependent diabetic and LOVE LDL as my blood sugars have never been better.  Just don't know where to go from here.

Previously a quiet member of the boards, I am now at a loss as to what to do to get the scaling moving (downward) again, so I am turning to all of you for your sage advice.  Just reading all of your posts have gotten me thus far.  Thanks so much!

dmaher123
bamaluvr

Re: Hit the wall...ummm - plateau

Post by bamaluvr »

Hey Dmaher123, sorry your having a tough time.  Have you tried the fruit & soup flush?  Maybe you could post your foods for a few days and let the food police check what your eating. Sometimes the problem is in front of our face but we are to close to see it.  Some stalled when eating corn, others it was salt.

Congrats on your weight loss thus far.  Glad your on the board asking questions. Others will be along soon to try to help out too.

Have a great Sunday
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Dm,

First let me say WELCOME!  SO glad you came out to play  ;D  !  You have had phenomenal results. 20 lbs in one month is incredible.  :thumbsup:

A lot of the wiser members will tell you that your body is adjusting and will drop the weight in it's own time. That is true. It also depends on how much you have to lose. You tend to lose a lot more slowly as you get closer to goal.

When some of us were looking to improve our results we started a topic called LDL PURE.  Roger had suggested this as a "get back to basics" approach.  It is just fruit for Breakfast and Dinner and your main meal is protein, veggies and soups. The topic is still up if you care to look at it.

You can also try a soup and fruit flush to get things moving again. The other thing I would do is definitely read the book again. We all find that we have a tendency to add things that we shouldn't or remember things differently after a time. You should also check the ingredients lists on the foods you are eating for LDL show stoppers :stop:  I find that sodium can reverse my results.

I hope this helps. Perhaps you should start a food journal and let us see what you are eating. I  hope to hear more from you soon.

Julie :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Bama,

Our posts crossed - great minds think alike!

j :rose:
dmaher123

Post by dmaher123 »

Hi Bama and Julie -

Thank you both for your suggestions and encouragement.  I will again re-read the book, as well as read the LDL PURE thread....I'm sure both will benefit me greatly!  I am only able to get online a couple of times per week...don't know if I could keep up a food journal just now, but I'll work in that direction.  I'm open to all suggestions!  :)

Thanks again,

dmaher123
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the train to Skinnytown
Our bodies are complex.  When you are losing it thinks we are in a starvation mode and it will try anything to keep from resetting you metabolizium point.  Just be patient and keep eating properly and it will be on the move again.  My doctor only wants 2 pounds a week as it is easier for the body to keep up.  The same goes with water if we don't have enough it thinks we are dehydrating and will hang on the what water we have and we swell.  It takes water to flush water.  Keep up the good work  My plataue was about 2 1/2 weeks and I was discouraged but I am on the down side again
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

So...  You've been on LDL for 2 1/2 months and have lost 24#.  Yeah!!!!! :inlove:.  I'm guessing that the scale kinda got ahead of your true weight loss at one month (Dehydration, maybe) and now is reflecting your true weight loss since July 1.  What you see on the scale each month from now on will reflect your true loss of body fat.  Keep up the good work and the scale will be your friend :thumbsup:.  Pam