With God on my right and all of you on my left....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Danny
New, but learning

With God on my right and all of you on my left....

Post by Danny »

Hiya guys! Thank you so much to all of you! I'm sorry for not posting in such a long time, things have been really busy for the last two weeks with school and what not. All right. Its been four weeks now. And never once in all my life have I been happier. NEVER! I find such joy in making the meals for my mom and I (and dinner for the rest of the family, they love LDL meals!!) Never have I gone hungry, never upset in myself for eating to much because I that eating all that soup and those grapes is better than my usuall two cheese sandwiches with a side of potato chips every night. Right now I'm having a blueberry banana smoothie with my mom and we'll be having a nice bowl of minestrone in a bit. And I don't want anything else. This morning was the fourth week on LDL for me, Saturday morning I told myself it doesn't matter how much weight I've lost. I would be content with 2 pounds! or even weight gain! The facts are I am so happy with where I am, I'm happy and everyone is happy for me, and I haven't felt this good in years. So I took a breath, and stepped on the scale. I had lost 25 pounds... 25. WOO-HOO!!!!! I did I little jig right there on a scale and thanked God. My clothes are looser!! I literally feel lighter! Thank God for all of you and Roger and My Aunt and my Mom! I would never have accomplished this without you guys! Praise the Lord and may He bless you all!

-Danny ;D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sept. 27

I can't believe I'm crying... I'm such a girl... You guys are so amazing... All so supportive and kind it takes some time for me to wrap my head around how you can all be so certain in who you are in your walk with the Lord and as his children. I believe God put you all here on this forum, and on this diet for so many reasons. All affecting each one of us differently as individuals. I sound like a preacher... But I mean it! So heres how things went down... :laughing:  :'(   :laughing: on Friday after school i got very sick and felt pretty cruddy, I couldn't stop dry coughing and wheezing and I felt a fever. Last night I went to the doctor, they took blood and chest x-rays and junk. I've got like 7 different things wrong with me in my blood, lungs, bronchitis, and my asthma's adding on to all of it. I'm going on like 5 different meds and the nebulizer, including steroids, which would probubly be a problem on any other diet other than LDL  :D But while I layed in my bed all day gasping for air ( My dad was on the other side of the country and I couldn't get ahold of my mom for the life of me) I had a lot of time to think. I wanna say, all of you guys are what could be best describes as saints. And i don't need to go into detail. Just go to any thread on the forum and read the way you speak and what all of you say to one another. It truly astounds me. On a different note. I've been chugging gallons of water all week because i find it the best cure for my cold (or what i thought was a cold). And becuase of so I was sure I had put on alot of water weight. But I didn't care, Sunday morning was weigh in, sick or not. Oh yeah!!! Guess who's pants fell off in the middle of gym class on thursday!?! MINE! Hahaha! It was a 46 (used to be tight on me) and it FELL OFF!!!  *woot* ;D :laughing: :D Well the Sophomore girls walking by found it rather funny too!  :shock: Anyyway. I Dan Ross. Now Proudly Declare. That I have, through the toil and troubles, but lovingly guided through my fellow LDL'ers, reached below the 300 mark! I am 297!!! Thats 31 down!! WOO-HOO! Lucky you sophomore girls 'cuz you got a glimps at the legs of Mr. Skinny!

Love you guys!!!

-Dan  ;D
Last edited by Danny on October 5th, 2009, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o2bthin

Re: With God on my right and all of you on my left....

Post by o2bthin »

WOW, Danny!  I'm so happy for you.  25 pounds lost, gone forever...that's wonderful!!  Am praying for your continued success.  Skinnytown on the horizon!!  :thumbsup:

o2bthin/Sandra
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Danny!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  *woot*

Way to go! That is an awesome testimony! I remember how busy school is, and you're cooking healthy meals for your family on top of that -- and look what it has done for you. With your attitude, your family support, and all of your friends cheering you on, you WILL succeed at losing all the weight you want to lose. I also am so glad for the incredibly healthy feeling we all get with LDL -- and the fact that this is sooooo easy.

Please continue to let us know how you are doing. And if you have ANY questions, someone is always around who can give you great advice.

Go, Danny, Go!

Enjoy the journey,
Terri
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

WOW 25 pounds.  What a great event.  Dancing on the scales.  Another one of the reasons for getting where you are at is that for the first time you really like yourself and that is the most  important thing.  If you can't like yourself then no one else can like you either.  I really like you and what you are doing  Keep it up.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Yay Danny!!!  You get LDL and are running with it.  What a blessing from God!
I hope you are proud of yourself.  I know I'm proud of you!  Congratulations on your 25 lb loss!
Hugs,
mrsj

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Way to go, Danny!!! You are remarkable.  Going to school and being the chef at home.  You are a testimony, and so glad to hear your praise to the good Lord again.  Forever Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Danny, we are all rooting for you.  :thumbsup:  You are doing so well and with your attitude, a year from now, you'll still be doing well.  You are a blessing to hear from, so check in and let us know how it is going.  How's your mom doing?  I know she's so proud of her son.
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Danny wow 25lbs. gone CONGRATS!!  You are doing so awesome on LDL. I'm so proud of you and for you. I love how you are helping your family with the cooking and keeping up school work too. It's wonderful to read your post. Keep doing what your doing.

Have a great week.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Hi Danny, I am so glad for you and proud of what you have achieved in such a short time! I am praying that your "can do" attitude continues to be the driving force in all that you do in your family, your school studies and social activities, and in your plans for life after high school. God bless you in your LDL trip to skinnytown and all your endeavors. I hope you are psyched up to keep on keepin' on! Also, please keep posting on the message boards...you are an inspiration for all of us of any age!

Best regards,
southernyankee
southernyankee
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Once again, Danny you have given us encouraging news! congradulations  :thumbsup: Keep up the great work! and thanks again for sharing!
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Congratulations on the 25 pounds lost, never to be seen again.  You are doing great, keep on keeping ldl.
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Danny that is just absolutely amazing! I am so proud of you!  *hug* Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us, you are a very cool person and that just shines through in your posts. You are taking control of your life, you have been given the gift of LDL at such a young age...and that is simply awesome.

You are doing great!!!  :thumbsup:

~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

*love* I'm so proud of YOU! When I saw you the other day I almost fell over from the difference I could see in you.. not just physically either... you looked so happy! I love you Dan... I'll be seein ya tonight!
Love Aunt Tiff
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Tiff, I love that name, "Sweet Pea."  I keep thinking that would be a cute name for a little Yorkie.  My precious Stevie Rae died this summer and I'm going to eventually get a new puppy and everytime I see your screen name I think, "Sweet Pea would be a cute name for a Yorkie."  I'm not committing yet, but I sure like the sound of that.

We are all so proud of Danny.  Thanks for sharing him with us.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Danny,  :'(  *hug*  *love*  :kissed:

You are awesome and amazing!  Your happiness just shines in your words and can't help but have a positive effect on anyone who reads them. I am so very happy for you. This is the way you are meant to live your life - filled with the happiness of today and the hope of a bright future.

25lbs is an incredible accomplishment. There are not many that can make LDL look so easy!  God Bless you!

Julie  :rose:
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

Crickadoodle... my husband has been calling me Sweetpea for years now, it's his special nickname for me... and Danny's family shortened it and they call me Sweets. I love the endearment and would be honored if you decided to name your puppy after me? *love*
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

YAY for Danny!  I was pleased to read that you AND your mom are enjoying Let's Do Lunch meals.  Is she doing the program with you?  I can totally identify with your excitement, and your expectancy.  Keep up the good work.  You have GREAT things ahead for you!

[b]
GO DAN-NY!  GO DAN-NY!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
rodie

Post by rodie »

CONGRATS Danny,
We are so darn proud of ya,we knew you could do this! It makes it easier for ya that your Mom is involved too,what a sweetheart.Continued good luck to ya.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

Gwenn, my lovely friend, I am very happy to say that YES Dan's mother, Julie, IS doing LDL with him, she has lost over 12 lbs at her last weigh in. I'm encouraging her to get on here and share her own story, so say a prayer! Julie is Mom to 5 boys (some already grown men) and is trying to have the whole family eat this way. When Danny cooks meals he is cooking for their whole family! For a 14 yr old to do the weekly menu, make the shopping list, do the grocery shopping AND cook the meals is QUITE a responsible thing to do... I couldn't be more proud of him. *love*

Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Thanks Aunt Piffy! I'm just remebering the way you served me while I was over your house! Even when I was cranky and sick! Anyway read at the top! My new update!

-Dan  ;D