Corn Tortillas

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
borntolose

Corn Tortillas

Post by borntolose »

I am just starting the LDL program. I am 61 years old and have about 70 pounds to lose. I was thin until I had my first child and have struggled with my weight ever since so most of my adult life I have been overweight. I have tried just about every diet program out there and have lost weight only to gain it back. However, I really feel like I have a chance of getting it done this time. I have several questions but will start with this one: Can you have corn tortillas on the LDL program?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Corn Tortillas

Post by MsHeirloom »

Born- We don't use tortillas on Let's Do Lunch, however, members have found suitable substitutes for just about anything you may desire that is not on the plan.  To dip into salsa, I use carrot and celery strips.  Even Mexican restaurants will usually provide raw vegetables to dip into their salsa.  For a crunchy, starchy cracker/bread substitute we use organic corn thins made in Australia from popped corn. I love them with soup, for sandwiches, or with homemade hummus.  With LDL you can and will lose those unwanted pounds.  Many of us are on the 100 pound journey.  Congratulations on deciding to improve your health and to join us on the train to Skinnytown.  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome to the forums borntolose! Glad you are giving this WOE a try. I am 59 and loosing weight easier than I ever have before plus not going hungry. I am down 15#s from July 20th! The Beans, peas and corn take care of a lot of the cravings for breads, etc. It helps to read Chapters 2-6 of the book over and over until you really understand what foods  to eat.
I am really enjoying being able to eat so many delicious foods! Peruse the forums (if you haven't already) for some really delicious receipts!
Amazingly, a full tummy is a great deterant to those high calorie, highly processed foods that we shouldn't eat.
by the way I am a nurse who has studied nutrition for many years, this is by far the healthiest way of eating I have ever found.
I believe you will be very glad you are giving this way of eating a try!
Stay full. Eat beans, peas and corn! Woohooo!
Hugs,
Bobbi
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board
I am 66 and have lost 34 pound here at LDL.  It is a wonderful support group and without them I would not be where I am today.  I still have over 50 pounds to lose and will get to my goal with the help of LDL.  Just keep posting questions as someone with chime in with an answer.  Keep up the good work
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Born-
Since our fellow LDL'ers have already answered your initial question very well I just want to welcome you!
You are going to love Lets Do Lunch, I started recently and I can't tell you how awsome of a journy its been. I'm fourteen (only a bit younger than you  :happy:) ANd I say be ready for a physicly and spiritually life changing experience!

-Dan  ;D
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

I just want to welcome you also! And as for the Corn Thins everyone is talking about you can look them up online and find the store locator. It let find that we live right near WHOLE FOODS Grocery who carries it. It's no more expensive than buying a loaf of bread! very yummy... and crunchy too!

WELCOME TO LDL... it's a great place to find the support you need on your journey, and make lots of friends too  :rose:

Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Danny,

I just wanted to let you know that my son, Henry, is also doing LDL and he's 17.  He loves his strawberry smoothies in the morning.  I add white beans to them and he's yet to figure it out!

He has had a steady weight loss and is looking good.  We don't weigh in in my house so we judge losses by what notch the belt is on now.

Stay relaxed with this swoe of eating and if you have a question that you would like to ask him, just ask me and I'll have him respond as he's not on the boards.

RB Kayaking
Hawaii Girl
New, but learning

Post by Hawaii Girl »

Welcome borntolose.  I am 54 years young and have been on the program for a couple of months and have lost 11lbs, which is great for me as any other program I tried I would maybe lose 5lbs at the most. Everyone is right the Corn Thins are the way to go.  Even my DH likes them.  When we go out for Mexican food I take some along with me so I have my CT's with salsa and DH has his chips and some of my CT'S. Also instead of a margarita I have Club Soda with a splash of cranberry juice (for color) and lime and it is very refreshing.  Good luck on your journey.  You will love the message board as everyone is very helpful.
borntolose

Post by borntolose »

Thanks to all of you for responding to my message. I appreciate all the help I can get. Another question I have is can you have beef jerky on LDL?
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi!  Good ole Jerky!!  Was wondering about that myself.  Hubby goes deer hunting and makes his own jerky.  So its made from lean deer but he does add a store bought seasoning.  I'll have to take a look at that.  And if we do eat jerky,  would it be to snack on or eat for the main protein for the day?  Thanks  jj