28 lbs. in 3 months

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
o2bthin

28 lbs. in 3 months

Post by o2bthin »

In one month I've lost 14 pounds and 2 inches off my waist!  This has made me a believer in the power of fruit and beans!!  I'm gonna eat MORE beans, MORE fruit and MORE popcorn in the hopes that I'll lose even MORE pounds during this next month!!

This is the easiest diet I've ever been on.  No suffering.  I love the soups.  Love the popcorn.  Love LDL!!

o2bthin/Sandra
Last edited by o2bthin on December 10th, 2009, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

bamaluvr

Re: 1st month

Post by bamaluvr »

Good Morning o2bthin, CONGRATS on the weight loss!! :D  I have to agree with you......this woe is easy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Mochapie

Post by Mochapie »

Way to go!  :thumbsup: I'm just beginning the program today and your post really inspires me!  :happy:
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

WOW!  I would love to lose that much after my 1st month.  But I would be happy with 1/2 that too.  Congratulations!  Didn't your sister write in yesterday?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

o2bthin, I agree with you on the beans.....I have found that the more beans and corn I eat the better I lose.......to me they are what makes the diet so successful

Congrats on the weight loss!

Cookie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Sandra, that's terrific!  You are doing incredibly well with LDL and have really embraced this WOE.  Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

I am sure your post will inspire lots of lurkers to start LDL and gain their life back.

Julie :rose:
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

WAY TO GO!!!! Sandra it won't be long before I will start calling you my little big sister, right now I just call you my OLDER sister  *evil*....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for telling me about LDL    :angel:. Let's keep up LDL together...when we need a little lift just call each other.  Congrats on the weight loss!
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sandra- Way to go, girl :) :inlove: :rose:!!!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra after we spoke this morning and I finished baking and taking the stuff to the Lady who is sick.  I came home an was going to get a bowl of Pizza soup for lunch, after dipping it up, it was not even a half a bowl, and so I got to thinking!!! (That's not always a good thing :D ) I had some taco soup left from what I took to the lady who is sick.  So I said to myself pizza soup or taco soup, then why not both so I mixed the two soups.  And to me it was wonderful.  Try this some times when you have both soups made.

Give Mom  *hug* and kiss for me.

*love* you

Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

You two sisters are doing so well!  Keep up the good work.  Isn't this WOE amazing?  I cannot believe I've lost 30 lbs. in a little over 3 months, when I couldn't lose before.  It really doesn't take any will power, once those cravings have been managed.
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 23rd, 2009, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

crickadoodle!  Thanks I believe we both will reach our goals this time.  Like everyone else we have both tried EVERYTHING out there, and we would lose a few then gain it all back plus more.  With this I am never hungry, in fact my sister Sandra told me this morning, she did not think I was eating enough, because I would have a smoothie for breakfast, then soup around 3:30 or 4:00 then if I was hungry before bed time I would have another smoothie or popcorn.  But I find myself busy now and I don't get hungry, so I forget to eat and also to drink.  I have to make myself. which before I was always hungry and drinking like a faucets.  Like everyone else I want to give  Roger A GREAT BIG THANKS  *hug* *hug* *hug*   for writing the Let's do Lunch book.  I believe it has changed our life like nothing else ever has.  So once again Thanks Roger. *hug* *hug* *hug* We can't give you enough hugs...

Deborah D
Last edited by Anonymous on October 24th, 2009, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

I do like that.........o2bthin.......... Good Job!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

O2Bthin Welcome to the train to Skinnytown!
You are on your way. Keep us posted on your progress. It always is an encouragement. Which we can all use.
thanks,
Bobbi
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

O2bthin where are you?  Its weigh day, come out come out where ever you are!!!!

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

1st & 2nd month

Post by o2bthin »

Hey Deb...reporting in a day late...minor computer problems.

I am happy to tell everyone that I lost another [glow=red,2,300]9 pounds[/glow] in Oct., for a [glow=red,2,300]total of 23 lbs. lost.[/glow] I feel really good.  No cravings. 

What has helped me the most, I think, is that I keep a big bean salad (3, 4 or 5 bean) in the refrigerator all the time, and that is my snack food.  I eat it every day, sometimes twice a day.  It's easy to make and quick to serve and is very filling. 

I have just started drinking ACV in water with a little cayenne pepper.  It sounds terrible, I know, but I have quickly developed a taste for it.  Am drinking the ACV to help with the weight lose - and the cayenne to help lower my BP and clean my arteries of plaque (thanks for the info, CQ).  Will let you know how I do.

Hope all are doing well, eating healthy and losing pounds!
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 23 lbs. in 2 months

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra way to go..9 more lbs bit the dust..hit the road...flew the coop... you get the point they are GONE.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Congratulations on your weight loss, Sandra, and 2Bthin.  I weighed today and I was down 21/2 lbs.  I am down in a new decade of numbers.  It is the smallest I've been since early 80's.  I've tried every diet there was, and spent a lot of money.  And to think eating abundantly the foods I love--fruit, beans, corn, and peas--- would help me lose weight.  I have so much more energy.  Our ride to Skinnytown seems to be similar--enjoyable, not too bumpy, and the fellowship on the boards has been so delightful.  *hug*  *hug*  *hug* to all, Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Joyful Friend -- I entered a new decade too!  Isn't it fun? 

O2Bthin -- you are doing wonderfully!  The day will come when you'll have to change your name to OIMthin!  :D
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

crickadoodle I know she will love to change it to OIMTHIN.  I know she will stick to this woe and be skinny before we know it.  Just look how time fly.  Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas it right around the corner.  Joyful Friend your doing great another 2 1/2 lbs gone, and I agree with you about the ride to skinnytown, its just loads of fun, and every one is so helpful.  You just have to love LDL.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey DD, JF and Doodle - thanks for the words of encouragement.  Yep, can't wait till OIMthin!!  It's easier getting there than I ever thought possible.  Congrats, JF on your 2 1/2 lost!

I was feeling very light and sassy this morning...like I had lost MORE overnight...I almost stepped on the scales again, but didn't.  Then, I went out this afternoon, had a Dr. appt. at 1:30.  I left the house without eating lunch (had a smoothie and a pear for breakfast).  Stopped by Krogers on the way home, and it was close to 4:00 when I got to the house.  I was STARVING!  And, I've eaten everything I can get my hands on since walking through the door!!  Fortunately for me, it was all LDL food, but, OMG, I was constantly putting something in my mouth.  Nothing light and sassy about me this evening.  Ha!

I'm sitting here drinking my ACV/cayenne water and reading posts.  Hope I'll be over my mouth-stuffing episode before I go back in the kitchen to clean up supper dishes.  :sick:
Beginning weight - 247