The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by julie409 »

Hi Everyone!

You may have read a topic about PURE LDL. We named it this to distinguish it as the core LDL program as Roger intended it:
Breakfast: Fruit or Fruit Smoothie (and yes, you can add beans to make you feel full, if needed)
Lunch: Main meal of Heavy protein, soups, salads, veggies
Dinner: Fruit or Fruit Smoothie
No Snacking!

We tested the PURE method to see if we could maximize our results. Some added exercise even though it is not necessary for great LDL results. (However for me, I believe it is a great way to achieve optimum good health.) Our results were great and we tested out several ways to do the program that was best for each of us, always following LDL guidelines. I was able to almost double my weight loss from month 2 to month 3. Usually, weight loss slows down as you continue, but not with LDL. :thumbsup:

I think the other thing we benefited from was having a group journal. *hug*  Personally I do not like having my own journal. So I really like this aspect.

So if you would like to maximize your results or just clean up any not so good habits that have crept into your eating, you can jump on here and stay as close to the core program as you can, sort of like an LDL  Boot Camp.  It is a good way to test certain things and to get the support and opinions of the group without having to start your own journal (Of course, you may have your own journal as well.). For instance, one of the AHAs we had, was that popcorn slowed down our weight loss.

It would also be interesting if you are exercising to tell what you are doing and how you feel that is helping your efforts. (Again, not necessary but if you do decide to – please get a clearance from your doctor.)  ;)

A few people are going off on vaca and will jump on when they return. But some of us were very excited to start this group effort again so here we go…….  YEAH!!!!

Julie :rose:
Last edited by Anonymous on October 11th, 2009, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Re: The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by julie409 »

I changed my ticker today to record another 3 lb loss and also bc I am starting weight training on a regular basis. It is interesting that my weight loss has slowed since I stopped doing the core/pure LDL and I didn't mind at all. The clothing that was too tight one week, fit the next and was too loose the next; so I needed to slow things down a bit. My head needed to catch up to my body. I continued to lose inches even though I lost only a few more lbs. LDL is truly incredible. I am ready to move forward and reach my ultimate goal; or at least the goal I had originally set for myself. I will let my body make that decision, when I get in that range. And I will get there. I KNOW it!

Here are my plans for the next phase:
BF will likely be applesauce and apples
(I have little choice here since my watermelons turned mushy :sick:) (grapes are still reacting if I eat them regularly - same with cantaloupe) :stop:
L Grilled Protein with veggies and bean dips
D most likely will be soups or grilled veggies

Ex: I will continue to use the Glider as it uses my largest muscle groups - legs and butt - and gets my energy up for the rest.  Increase the Rebounder usuage. I also would like to incorporate weight training and the total gym into the mix. SO I will be experimenting until I find a good combination for me  :thumbsup:

Last edited by julie409 on October 12th, 2009, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Roger, for reinforcing that LDL has tons of choices and everyone should follow the best course that keeps them losing and healthy and NOT feeling deprived, while working within the LDL principles. I agree completely with you. Of course I do, since you were the creator of this wonderful plan. I cannot thank you enough for it. It has completely changed my life and is most definitely INSPIRED :angel:

This topic (like the PURE topic) is a group effort that several members have asked me to start up again.

Have a Blessed Sunday!

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I'm hoping to get back on the LDL pure journal shortly. I've had a bit of a set back tho and need to restart the my LDL woe, which I'm doing TODAY because as we all know, TOMORROW never comes :laughing: Lynda
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Lynda,

It would be great to have you join in with us.  *hug*  You are I are about at the same place right now. I know we can go the rest of the way together :thumbsup:

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

We are about the same aren't we, I had noticed.  OK, lets "get R done"!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Eljayne wrote: OK, lets "get R done"!

I like that!  Sort of like rolling up your shirt sleeves and hunkering down to finish it off!  YEAH!!! That phrase has given me strength! Thanks El! *hug*

I think I am not going to use this as a food journal. I am going to record exercise and the eating plan - maybe weekly.  And I'll record progress as it comes. No pressure! No Worries! Just good health and commitment. I will also share my observations along the way and hope that you all do as well; esp since this is about learning and support. Doing PURE with the group was very motivating for me. I KNOW It will be again. I just have to hang in there until everyone gets back from vacation and on board this Express Train (as Doodlebug and CQ pronounced it).

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I like the "express train" to skinny town terminology.  We're on our way!  El.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Julie,

I'm ready to start on Monday along with Crickadoodle. I gained 1.2 lbs while in the Keys but I've been partially doing LDL since I got back and lost it.

Today is the first day of the Jazz Festival in Clearwater. Al Jarreau, Chris Botti and Boney James are just a few of the artists that will be there. It will be going on through Sunday and I want to be able to enjoy it before I finally go back to LDL completely.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi CQ - Welcome back!  I hope you had a great time and a well deserved rest.

I'm ready to start on Monday along with Crickadoodle.  YEAH!!!  :thumbsup:

I gained 1.2 lbs while in the Keys  BOOO!!!!!  :thumbdown:

I've been partially doing LDL since I got back and lost it. YEAH!!!!  :thumbsup:

I am emotionally drained --- OY!  :blink:

Today is the first day of the Jazz Festival in Clearwater. Al Jarreau, Chris Botti and Boney James are just a few of the artists that will be there. I am so jealous!  I love anything LIVE!  Have a great time!

I have to get back on track. I am still eating LDL foods -  no cheats but I am eating my weight in Gingerbread Brownies. YUM! :drool: 

El is going to join us too! Yeah!!!  :thumbsup:  Oh here we go again!

XOXO,
:rose:
sheral

Post by sheral »

I am so happy you have started this new thread. I had been following the Eating Pure LDL.... from its inception and was disappointed when I did not see any posts.
I started LDL in late June and have lost about twelve pounds. I am completely happy with that as I weighed about 173 lbs and did not want to lose much.
My oldest daughter affectionately called me "Porky". She is now saying she has
to find me a new nickname for me. My goal is to lose about 7 more lbs. I am confident I will never go back to that weight again.
All praises to our creator for all the delicious fruits and veggies he created for us.
Thanks to Roger for sharing and everyone else on the boards that take time out to posts. I am proof positive that your postings are not in vain.

Sheral
(Bermy) This is short for Bermuda.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Sheryl!

Sounds like you are doing great!  We stopped doing the PURE because LDL is supposed to be the way we will eat for the rest of our lives. PURE was a little restrictive and not necessary to lose weight.  Although on PURE, we all noticed that the weight was coming off much more quickly.

Having said that, a few of us have decided to jump back in for a while - probably until the holidays. SO we reserve the right to jump on and off this express train at will.

Are you going to join us?

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Okey Dokie!

I finished the pan of gingerbread brownies  :drool:  and am ready to start 'er up again.  Tomorrow, I will start eating pure again and step up my exercise. It is just shy of 6 weeks until Thanksgiving and I see a fabulous new dress in my future!

I am thinking of playing a little points game with myself for exercise. I always have to watch myself though bc I tend to jump in with both feet and than cannot sustain it. So I will say that I am aiming for 300 minutes of exercise a week (5 hours  :wrong: ). Right now I am clocking in around 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so it is not too much of a stretch. I think it is doable. So I am starting on the weekend bc I have a 3 day meeting next week that may throw me off completely. We'll see.  Maybe I can reward myself with pieces of an outfit each week I make the 300!  :thumbsup:  I am going to need some clothes soon.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Mary,

Thanks for the encouragement.  And yes, I know you don't need to exercise to win at LDL.  For me, it is really for toning my body and not for weight loss. Exercise has been a part of my whole adult life. I believe it is one reason why I have not developed any major diseases though I have been overweight my whole life. I also use it to control stress. And it also controls my hunger.

But, you will notice I said "I will strive to hit 300 minutes."  That is the goal but even if I fall short, I should be doing more than I am doing now. I usually "Shoot for the moon, for even if you fall short, you will land among the stars!" . I used to tell that to my kids all the time.

I am so grateful to have found LDL and all of you; and especially you, Mary. Your support really means a lot to me, not to mention your great recipes. Have a great weekend.

sheral

Post by sheral »

Hi Julie

I won't be joining you this time. I will be following your progress though, best wishes to all of you.
Sheral
(Bermy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, I do exercise more for health reasons.  After my hubby had open heart surgery in 01, I began to exercise for health, and was sorry that I had not done it regularly before. It is great for stress.  I hope it helps tone me up this time, because it is the most I have lost since I started regular exercise.  I'm eating more food than I have ever eaten, and my weight goes down.  What blessings we all have with LDL.  Joyful Friend
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

lol
I reckon I get that much exercise in a day at work... (Yesterday I pushed a person in a wheelchair around a 1 mile course stopping at 8 activity points to help them do various exercises. Then I took that person home and picked someone else in a wheelchair to do the hike with. I did that with 7 people during the day. Then at 6pm I picked up 4 folks in wheelchairs and helped them load into a high-top van for a ride to the gym for the weekly dance. Then spent the rest of the evening taking them around the dance floor and then back home again before 8pm.)

But I am having the HARDEST time making myself exercise on my own for me!
NJ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, I'm back from vacation!  I'll be ready to start on Monday as planned.  I did well with my eating on vacation.  I didn't totally follow the plan, but made wise choices and will step on the scale tomorrow morning to see if I did any damage.  It shouldn't be much.  I feel very good about it all, because I don't have cravings for stuff that's bad for me.  I did taste my husband's ice cream a couple of times, but never very much.  He feels it isn't vacation, unless he has ice cream.  :)  He wanted me to taste it.  When we were eating a meal at night that had complete protein, I'd eat lighter at lunch -- which was just about every day.  I much rather eat the big meal at lunch, but it would have been inconvenient for everyone else and the world doesn't revolve around me.  It was fine that way and we had a wonderful time seeing God's creation.  I usually ate very good meals, but once I did get barbecued ribs and that was the worst of all my choices.  I didn't eat as much of them as I would have in the past, though.  My sides were the healthiest ones available.  I like that about LDL.  I was able to eat out everyday and make wise choices that I felt very good about.

NJ -- that's great that you can exercise while getting paid for it!

Now, exercise wasn't as disciplined as when I'm home.  We did lots of walking, of course -- and a bit of hiking.  I haven't done the Total Gym in a week and that is such a good exercise routine.  I'll get back at it this week.  I usually walk over 300 minutes a week, but I'm able to do more than an hour each morning.  It is a great stress reliever for me and I can think.
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 17th, 2009, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.