Newbie to weigh soon.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Karen2152

Newbie to weigh soon.

Post by Karen2152 »

I started on 9/14/2009.  The books says to weigh after 1 month.  I plan to do that on the 14th.  I'm nervous.  I don't feel like I've lost a great deal.  Is it slow for some?  I've been reading the posts and it looks like a lot of you have lost LOTS of weight at the beginning. 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Newbie to weigh soon.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Karen,

It's different for everyone.  I was one of the ones who didn't lose much at first.  But that's okay because it started to come off and just kept coming off.  It WILL work for you if you follow the plan.  I PROMISE!  *Hugs*  Just tell yourself right now that it doesn't matter what the scale says because this plan works.  It works for every person every time if they follow the plan.  You just keep coming back here and letting everyone encourage you and you WILL do it.  You WILL lose the weight.  :)

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by MusicManiac »

The first month, I "only" lost 7.8 pounds.  I didn't think I'd lost even that.  But after that, it started coming off faster!  After three months, I've lost 26 pounds.  That fat is stubborn - it just doesn't want to go away.  Once it finds out that it is unwanted, it finally takes the hint and goes away!

Keep the faith,
Marga
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on Board the train to Skinnytown
Read the book over and over and listen to RT.  The program does work.  Never have I been able to stay with anything more than a month and I am in my 5 month and still losing.  LDL ROCKS
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Karen2152

Post by Karen2152 »

Well, I weighed myself.  AND, I lost 6 pounds!!!  I'll take it.  I've also started to "zumba."  What fun!  Thanks for your words of wisdom.  I'm going to keep on keepin' on!!! 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations- You're off and running.  What is "zumba"?  Pam
blessed4service
New, but learning

Post by blessed4service »

:rose: Congratulations on the 6 pounds that left you, to make you healthier & never to return!  Please keep us updated.  I am right behind you. Weigh in Nov. 4th.
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Good for you!  Any weight lost is a good loss! It will eventually come off.  The great thing about all of this is that you are losing these pounds and you're not hungry.  You're not spending a lot of your time counting calories or weighing food.  Enjoy those freedoms!  I started June 1st, and I've lost 28 pounds.  Hang in there -- you can do it!  The people on here are very supportive and give great advice if you hit a stumbling block - or if you just need a cheerleader!!  Have a great day tomorrow!

Country Girl 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome to a new way of eating.  Enjoy food freedom.  It works.  Some weeks, the scale goes down better than others; however when clothes hang loose, you know it works.  You will enjoy all the new board friends.  They're great. Joyful Friend
Karen2152

Post by Karen2152 »

Zumba is Latin dancing.  I do it at a local firehall.  It's so much fun but boy do I "sweat!"  My girlfriend and I are going to try spinning this week.  Now that should be interesting.  I'm finding that the more I do, the more I want to do.  I think I'm going to weigh again in 2 weeks.  Hopefully I'll have made some progress!!!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

As others have told you we all lose at a different pace....as long as you are doing the program as written the lbs will come off....I am one that loses alot at first and then it is slower, but we all know that slow and steady wins the prize.....just try alot of the recipes and you will probably find some foods that make you lose faster than others.....as for me I swear that beans and corn are the best for me and I do eat them everyday and don't get tired of them......will be talking with you later as we make this journey together....welcome to the LDL family!

Cookie
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Karen,

I am one of those that don't weigh myself at all--I go strickly by how my clothes feel.  Doesn't matter what the scale would say, I wouldn't be happy.

I went down to my local thrift shop on a day that they just happened to have shorts on sale for a $1.50 a pair.  I dug through the bin starting with size 14's and found a pair all the way down to a size 2.  When I got home I put them in size order and if like in the size 12's I had purchased more than one I tried them on and put them in the order that they were going to fit first.

Some days I tried them on two or three times.  Other times I'd go for a week.  I'm in total bliss doing it this way.  I started in June in very tight (shouldn't be wearing out in public) 16's.  Yesterday I buttoned on a pair of 10's.  Not going out in public with them--but 10's.

I'm totally happy this way--no one can say I'm not losing fast enough, I can't compare myself to other loses and say What am I doing wrong.  NO STRESS, just TOTAL excitment of another pair of shorts fitting.

Just don't let that scale rule you.

RB Kayaking
scarlett859

Post by scarlett859 »

Wow RB! That's great!!!
I can go shopping in (all 3 of) my closets :blush: and I'm sure that I can find the next 4 sized down. I never was one that could get rid of clothes. I kept telling myself that I would get back in them one day but the #s just kept growing. But when I get out of the larger #s I WILL get rid of them because I will NOT :stop: go back to those!!!
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

I, too, like the idea of using my clothes as a guide.  Like those that have posted before, I also have an assortment of different sizes.  I have been busy this last weekend trying on winter clothes as I get them out.  How exciting to have many of them be too big!  Some of them still are wearable, just a little more roomy.  I'm wondering how they must have looked 20 pounds ago!!!  My mom, Joyful Friend, is 1 - 2 sizes smaller than me, so I have been reaping the benefits of getting her hand-me-downs, too!  Karen- you'll be surprised by how quickly those clothes will start to get loose!  Enjoy the ride!  Country Girl    :thumbsup:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Karen! I don't loose weight very fast either. Have been eating this way since 7-20-09. Have been so tied to the scale because of my fear of doing nothing but gain as most other woe has not worked for me for long.... I like the suggestion of getting a supply of jeans/shorts that are different sizes smaller and using them as a guide. thanks RB for that suggestion. I am encouraged to kick the scale habit. It is not accurate and it can be discouraging.
Silly me, I got rid of all my smaller clothes about a year ago because I was so discouraged I thought I would never loose the weight..... Boy was I wrong. I am so thrilled with this WOE. It seems so natural and having just gotten home from a 8 day visit to Colorado I was very excited about being in control of my food again. Love the food. BTW I have lost 20#s in the 3 monthes. guess now would be a good time to stop weighing myself as tomorrow is the 20th and yeah I weighed today and yesterday.  :blush: Scale says 2# heavier today than yesterday.......Fickle, fickle scale. Out you go.
Keep coming back to the boards for the encouragement and the fact that you will also encourage all of us in return.
the best to you,
Bobbi
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I gave up and got rid of all my clothes that didn't fit a long time ago.  It's fun to go to the second hand stores and find new ones.  I'm sure the staff wonders about all the different sizes that I purchase.  Those size two's are just sooo small.  Good news is that the 10's aren't sooo small anymore.

RB
Karen2152

Post by Karen2152 »

I love reading these message boards.  Talk about encouragement.  My hubby and I were chatting this morning (he's doing this with me and has lost 10 pounds) and we both found that yesterday was the first day since beginning that we weren't ravenous when it was lunch time.  In fact, I really just did not feel like eating.  However, I knew I needed to get some food in so I wouldn't be tempted to eat all evening.  So, I had a great lunch and just feel sooo much better.  Not sure if I've lost anymore weight since I refuse to get on that scale for 2 more weeks but I love how I'm feeling.  I'm going to my first spinning class tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.  Now, if I could just get my college teenage daughter to do this!!!  I've already seen her gain the "Freshman 15" and it worries me because I know what a long road it is once you put it on. 
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Isn't LDL wonderful!  I'm impressed with you going to a spinning class, that's high intensity!  You know, give your daughter time.  When she sees how well you and your DH are doing she may jump on the train too.  I know you'll continue with success as you have a great attitude.  :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Karen2152 wrote:I love reading these message boards.  Talk about encouragement.  My hubby and I were chatting this morning (he's doing this with me and has lost 10 pounds) and we both found that yesterday was the first day since beginning that we weren't ravenous when it was lunch time.  In fact, I really just did not feel like eating.  However, I knew I needed to get some food in so I wouldn't be tempted to eat all evening.  So, I had a great lunch and just feel sooo much better.  Not sure if I've lost anymore weight since I refuse to get on that scale for 2 more weeks but I love how I'm feeling.  I'm going to my first spinning class tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.  Now, if I could just get my college teenage daughter to do this!!!  I've already seen her gain the "Freshman 15" and it worries me because I know what a long road it is once you put it on. 

Hi Karen!

I'm happy that your husband is "doing lunch," too!  Mined wanted to lose the 15 pounds that he gained after he retired.  In 14 weeks,  he lost the 15 pounds plus 4 more!  He's not happy that he still has a little bitty belly bulge, so he wants to lose another 6 - 10 pounds.  It's great having someone to share this with, isn't it?

Is your daughter living at home or in a dorm?  I remember that college food wasn't my friend, either!!!