eziekiel bread

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
southern lady
New, but learning

eziekiel bread

Post by southern lady »

I saw Roger Troy Wilson on the "700 Club" yesterday and was so excited to hear about "Lets do lunch" and am anxious to get started and will order my book today...I would like to know if it is OK to eat sprouted Eziekiel Bread ??  I love that bread ...also how about corn bread, since we can eat corn?  Thanks for all the info ...I love all the informative posts that I have read so far...in fact they are addictive :)  more so than Facebook... *love* from Florida...
redkat

Re: eziekiel bread

Post by redkat »

Hi Southernlady,

Welcome to LDL.  You were right about reading from the posts.  There certainly is a lot of helpful information available right here, as well as many lovely people who are more than willing to answer questions and give advice.

I don't quite know how to answer about the Eziekiel bread, but the cornbread is not allowed.  I was hoping it would be, but it's not.  (I think it's because the corn is too refined, so that you lose the value of the whole food).  I'm sure that any time now, the "Food Police" (a.k.a. Little Mary) or someone more informed will jump in and give you a better answer.

When you do get your book, read thru it a couple of times, especially concentrating on chapters 2-6.  And browze thru as many of the postings on this site.  Sooooo much useful information and support.

Kathy
Kathy
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Sorry....no breads.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

SL- Even though we don't eat breads or grains (even sprouted ones) you will not miss them once you are firmly into this way of eating.  The beans and corn will satisfy any bread craving you might experience.  Believe me; it has happened for all of us.  Focus on what you can eat, not what you can't and you will be full and satisfied.  Pam
southern lady
New, but learning

Post by southern lady »

Thanks so much, Pam, for your reply re Ezikiel bread...I ordered the red book this morning..spoke to both Roger and his sweet wife Anita...and she basically said the same thing regarding bread...being from the south, I love  *love* my cornbread. ..but hopefully won't miss it very much after I get started on my healthy journey  :thumbsup:  Everyone is so nice on the message board and I just love reading all the posts...God bless you every one...Helen
redkat

Post by redkat »

Great explaination Roger Troy.  I knew the "what", but couldn't explain the "why" as well as you did.

Kathy
Kathy
Twoshoes

Post by Twoshoes »

Awright, please to explain to a Higgerant Foreigner - what in the name of the Blessed Oliver Plunkett is Ezekiel bread?

Twoshoes
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

Twoshoes,

I found this explanation after I "googled" it.

Inspired by the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9., "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."

Ezekiel 4:9® Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Products are:

* Flourless,
   * Organic,
   * Complete Protein,
   * and Sprouted Whole Grain

We discovered when these six grains and legumes are sprouted and combined, an amazing thing happens. A complete protein is created that closely parallels the protein found in milk and eggs. In fact, the protein quality is so high, that it is 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. There are 18 amino acids present in this unique bread – from all vegetable sources – naturally balanced in nature.

http://www.foodforlife.com/sprouted-gra ... l-4-9.html

Kathy
bludaffodil
southern lady
New, but learning

Post by southern lady »

Thanks, bludaffodil, for researching this Eziekiel Bread ...I even learned something and I have been eating it for years...you can buy it frozen at Health Food stores and now Publix...It is wonderful, but I will abstain from it while on the wonderful LDL WOE...I now have my red LDL book and really enjoying it....love  *love*the testimonies of Roger Troy and the others and all the great recipes...I feel skinny already just from reading the book.. :D  Thank you God for allowing Roger Troy to share this with us... *hug*  Helen from Florida
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Two Shoes -- Who is the blessed Oliver Plunkett?  :laughing:  I love the way you write -- so funny!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, I thought your answer to be right on about LDL.  "Focus on what we can eat, not on what we can't."  As a retired teacher, I always told my kids that can't doesn't find success.  I love LDL way of eating. For a pizza addict, I can say I don't crave it, and If I get a hankering for the taste, I smear some pizza sauce on a cornthin with a piece of ff cheese, a hot pepper, mushrooms, and a little garlic powder, and I'm satisfied.  I got that idea from the boards.  Thanks to the one who put it there.  The Ezekiel bread sounds intriguing and once I get where I need to maintain my weight, I think I would like to try it.  *hug*  *hug*  *hug* to all, Joyful Friend
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Before I started LDL I ate Eziekiel bread every morning,  I have a whole loaf left in my freezer,  It is such a healthy bread and I hate to just throw it out.  I wonder if I could have it just once in awhile?

I really hate throwing out good food.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

And the rest of the story!!!  Thanks, Mary.  It is still going on today, and what a shame.  :sad: history.  Joyful Friend
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Marys, thank you for your reply.  I am doing LDL mainly because after losing my weight by counting calories, I have began to binge again.  LDL says it will take away my cravings, for me that is what is important.  I am not very active do to constant back pain, so any extra food goes right on me.  If the bread will cause me to continue to have cravings then it is not worth eating.  I don't  want to gain my weight back, just lose the pounds I gained this last month from binging.