Black Eyed Peas

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
jpayette

Black Eyed Peas

Post by jpayette »

Hi everyone, I just started LDL this week, saw Roger Troy on 700 club last week, and got the book.  I am really excited after 3 days that I am NOT hungry on this plan.  One of the sayings I have always said is " I never met a bean or pea I didn't like."  This is perfect for me.  One question I have though, are black eyed peas included on this program?  I am from the south and do love this pea! :thumbsup:
tonz2day

Re: Black Eyed Peas

Post by tonz2day »

Yep southern gal, ANY pea is accepted.  I'm from Baton Rouge, where in the "South" are you from?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
jpayette

Post by jpayette »

Hi Baton Rogue, I am from Mena, Arkansas.  Thanks for the reply, my heart is happy with the black eyed pea news!  I have left these lovely little delicacies alone for years because hardly any "lose weight plan" allows the indulgence.  Too late in the year for fresh black eyes or purple hulls, but frozen will do for now!  BTW, looks like you are doing well on weight loss...that's encouraging to see...people losing weight and eating real food!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Jpayette! Welcome to this wonderful way of eating!! I am also a southern girl and love me some black eyed peas! I love pink eyes too! I am from Lizella, Ga. I wanted to tell you something yummy that I like to do with my black eyes although you have probably tried it. I put black eyes, some sweet onion chopped, chopped cucumber and tomato, parsley, salt, pepper, whatever vinegar you like (I have used white, apple cider, and balsamic), olive oil, and a little bit of fat free feta crumbles. It is oh so good! I like to eat it for dinner sometimes when I don't really want the sweet fruit but am craving something salty! I hope you enjoy!!  :D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
redkat

Post by redkat »

Hi Jpayette.  And welcome.  I just wanted to say one thing...throw out all of the old former "diet" ways.  You will love this way of eating.  Especially if you love beans, corn, fruit... all the things not allowed on other plans.  It's so hard to believe that you can eat all you want of those things, along with other vegetables and lean meats, and lose weight.  But if you look over the posts of the members on this board, you will see that that is not only possible, but very do-able.  Just hop on board the "train to skinnytown", you're gonna love the ride!!

Kathy
Kathy
jpayette

Post by jpayette »

Hey electricj1316, and redkat looks like I have tapped into the South here.  Thank you both for your replies, your good advice and encouragement.  Electicj I will try that recipe soon, sounds delicious and no I have never eaten black eyes this way, but I am looking forward to trying it!  I have never eaten pink beans, could they be called another name? Redkat, I am encouraged by your words about getting on the train to skinnytown, for the first time ever I feel that I can actually lose the weight I need to lose!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

JPayette, You are going to love this WOE with real foods.  I like black eye peas, beans, corn, and fruits. REAL FOODS.  I never ate many because I thought they made me fat.  Ha Ha Ha.  I got fat being hungry.  I have lost well with this woe and my health and energy are so much better.  I've dropped 3-4 sizes.  I have never gone hungry the last 4 months.  I'm from Ohio, but on the same train to Skinnytown as my Southern Friends.  Glad you're traveling with us, Joyful Friend
jpayette

Post by jpayette »

Joyful Friend I love your name.  You should have seen the face of my skinny friend when she picked up the LDL book, her response was, "How can you eat all the carbs and calories you want and still lose weight?"  I am sure she was genuinely concerned for me as she knows how badly I need to lose weight.  I told her to look at the before and after pics of Roger Troy.  You weight loss is encouraging.  Soon I will be able to post my weight losses too!  Thanks for the encouragement...your drop of 3-4 sizes makes me smile, must feel really good!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Jpayette -- you have found the way of eating of your dreams!  I've been on the plan 4 months and lost 35 lbs. without feeling deprived.  You can eat all the carbs and fresh fruit you desire.  The key your friend doesn't realize is that you won't desire to eat as much as you used to because your cravings will be dealt with.  This really works so well.  I can hardly believe it and I've been eating this way and losing since June 29th!  It is pretty amazing the success we are experiencing here.  God is so good and has answered our prayers for a way of eating we could live with. That's why I call it a livet rather than a diet.  Well, your friend will soon rejoice that her friend is able to lose weight without giving up eating altogether.  She will see you happy and not hungry and miserable.  Blessings to you!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jp, pink eyed peas look just like black eyes but the eye is a pink color. They are also called purple hull peas. I like the way they taste allot better than black eyes. You will find so many new ways to eat the peas and beans that you have always loved! I know I have! There are so many great recipes here on the board that you never have to eat the same boring foods that you have had to eat over the years! :laughing:

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Jp, welcome to the LDL family....I too am from the south, in North Carolina and am also a black eye peas lover...I have eaten so many beans and peas in the last few months that it's a wonder that I have not turned into one!  :inlove: You are going to love eating this way and knowing the great people on these boards..See you at the station in Skinnytown.

Cookie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, Cookie, don't you know you're a Human Bean!  :laughing:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Yes Cricket, I believe I am.

Cookie
jpayette

Post by jpayette »

Thanks Cricket, and heretotheend for your encouraging words...this board is really fun.  :D Congrats on your weight losses,   and [color=blue]electricj I have eaten purple hulls, and do also actually prefer them to regular black eyes.  Thanks to all of you for your time.  Blessings to you all, I am sure I will have other questions so you will be hearing from me soon  *love*