"title" under names?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Carole H
New, but learning

"title" under names?

Post by Carole H »

Tell me about the "title", newbie (of course that's a newcomer), master member, etc. and the stars under our names.  How does it get there?  I didn't add newbie under mine.  I'm really enjoying reading these posts and am finally learning my way around.  Who are administrators, besides RT?  I'm "beginning" to apply some of what I've learned here.  Got the basics from several posts.  Eating more "right" things, but since I'm the only one in my home at present, it's hard not to "use" up the "non-right" foods.  Hate to waste, especially considering the cost of food these days.  The book is on it's way.  Phew!  so many questions.  Carole
Sicilian Mama

Re: "title" under names?

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi there... and welcome!  :kissed:

Do what I did, and donate the food to a local shelter.  They can really use the high calorie foods, and they use it sparingly for kids, to give them a treat.  They need things that have a long shelf life.

Not all "wrong food" is wrong for everyone, so any breads and milk products you may have, will really help others in need!

Just a thought!

You will never find an easier plan to stick to... ever...

Congratulation on finding LDL!  Now go eat!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Carole H, I am not 100% sure, but I think this has to do with your post, The more you post, then newbie will change to some thing else.  I think this is the way they set up the site, so you don't have to do anything but post.  But I could be wrong, if so maybe someone who knows for sure can tell us.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

Thanks Sicilian Mama for the shelter suggestion.  That will work for any canned or unopened items.  I don't think they'd be allowed to receive a half box of cereal, crackers, chips, etc.  Some can go to my family who have healthy, active, children with no weight problems. 
And Deborah, I thought the "title"  might work something like that.  I see jr. member by your name and something else by some others.  You all must have been around for a while.  Looking forward to the journey.  Blessings......Carole
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Carole H, I have been doing LDL for almost 2 months...Well 2 months tomorrow Nov 8th...It is the best WOE my sister and I have every found...it did not take long for our cravings for sweets, breads, and pasta's to go away.  Just follow the plan and stay on the LDL foods and your weight will go away..and before long you will be at your goal.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

Can't wait to get "fully" on the program.  The idea of getting rid of pasta cravings is phenominal!  Sweets are much less a problem.  I prefer savory and have seldom met a pasta I didn't like, especially when needing comfort.  You understand what I mean. I also am looking forward to finding out about how to handle going out to eat.  I go out with friends frequently.  Usually to Shoneys, Olive Garden, Mexican or Chinese.  One friend is on Suzanne Sommers so is also watching carbs.  But I'll enjoy being able to have plenty of the better carbs!  Salads are a real bonus, especially being able to add beans to fill up, but low/no fat dressings are a real bummer to me.  Lo fat cheese is fine but not available on salad bars usually.  My book should arrive soon, so I'm sure I'll devour it.  Thanks for all the help.  Blessings.....Carole
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Carole
The more you post the higher the star rating.  The system keeps track of what we post.  You are a newbie for the first 10 posts and then you are new but learning and the ranking just keeps going up.  I have been on program now for 6 months and would not change the WOE for anything.  It is healthy and so easy. 
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Linda1930
New, but learning

Post by Linda1930 »

Hi Carol,

I just learned about LDL last week and am waiting for the book also.  I'm also a single with food in the house I know doesn't fit the program.  Although I work full-time my food budget is very limited so I can't buy everything needed for the program right away. :wrong: Consequently, I've decided to get started as best I can anyway because I'm so excited about the future.

Since my neighbor and I get along well I've decided to let her have my opened cereals & pasta's.  I use to sell a food product called "Tastefully Simple"; since the stuff is sinfully delicious I have decided to give that stock of goods to my son and his family. Maybe you have a friendly neighbor who wouldn't be offended to take the open food boxes.

I'm also a pasta freak, but I love popcorn and I am looking forward to being able to finally enjoy all I want without feeling guilty :drool:

My frig & freezer isn't very big so I'm curious to see how well I can cut the recipes down for one person.  Anyway, it is nice to know another single lady is starting at the same time as me.  Maybe we can keep in touch to be a support team for each other, and bounce ideas back & forth with the rest of the gang :)  Keep in touch and keep the faith friend.
Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

Linda, Welcome! 
Actually I'm only pseudo-single.  My husband is presently in a local nursing home (past 5 mo)  He may get to return home if he regains enough strength.  Dealing with early dementia also.  Not sure  what the future holds for our "togetherness"  but I see him almost daily.  But that does leave me with preparing for one right now.  I haven't gone through the pantry yet, but need to clean it out anyway.  Good excuse to make room for LDL foods.  We can continue this journey together.  Thanks for suggestions.  Blessings....Carole
Linda1930
New, but learning

Post by Linda1930 »

I'll sure be holding you and your husband up in prayer.  Blessings to you both.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Carole H wrote:Tell me about the "title", newbie (of course that's a newcomer), master member, etc. and the stars under our names.  How does it get there?

Hi Carole,

Welcome aboard!

Everyone starts at a "Newbie".
"New But Learning" comes after your 10th post.
"Jr. Member" comes (I think) after your 50th post.
"Full Member" comes after your 100th post.

That's as far as I got.  We'll have to wait to see what comes next!!!