Insulin Pump and LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
2good2btrue
New, but learning

Insulin Pump and LDL

Post by 2good2btrue »

Hi, I have been doing LDL for about 3 weeks and have lost about 5 pounds.  I eat fruit in am and pm and usually meat and salad at lunch.  What I'm wondering from other LDL's is the weight loss slower because I'm constantly getting insulin all the time.  I have lowered my mealtime insulin greatly and my blood sugars have never been better, in fact they are now ranging on the low side and I will have to have the doctor adjust my insulin levels.  Any thoughts?
o2bthin

Re: Insulin Pump and LDL

Post by o2bthin »

Hi 2good2btrue, and welcome to LDL!  Glad you have joined us.  I know we're all in a hurry to lose weight, but I really don't think 5 lbs. in 3 weeks is 'slow' weight loss.  Two pounds or less per week is recommended for healthy and long-term weight-loss success!!  So, I'd say you're doing great.   

Don't try to compare your situation with anyone else - we are all different, and have different amounts of weight to lose. 

I am diabetic, too, but am not on insulin.  I don't know if insulin will slow weight loss or not, but I do know that others on insulin HAVE LOST WEIGHT doing LDL and have kept it off.  LDL will work well for you, too. You already know that it will stabilize your blood sugar.  The best thing about LDL, in my opinion, is that we're getting healthy as well as getting slim...and all without being hungry!!  Oh, happy day!

Best wishes to you on your LDL journey.  Keep us posted on your progress.  Happy LDL Eating!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

2good2btrue,

Congratulations on your weight loss. Like o2bthin said, five pounds is GREAT!

You're doing everything correct. Just make sure your doctor is familiar with WHAT YOU ARE EATING AND WHEN so the pump can be programmed to respond to those type of foods. Also, if you're exercising, let the doctor know WHEN because the pump will have to be programmed for that daily activity as well.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on December 11th, 2009, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2good2btrue
New, but learning

Post by 2good2btrue »

Coding Queen & o2bthin:

Your right, I think I have read Roger's book 4 times and I still get more information out of the book.  My clothes are looking better and the only bolus I have to do is for breakfast with more fruits.  So far the fruits haven't messed up my sugars like I thought they would.  I passed up cookies and brownies today at work and didn't think twice about it. Yeah for LDL.

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas because I will be eating my fruits and beans.  I have started so many diets throughout the years that I didn't think there was ever going to be a way of eating that I either liked or lose the weight and then when I get off the plan I immediately start gaining weight.  I thank God that I picked up the "First" magazine and ordered Roger's book and recipe cards.

Thank you for the support and I will keep you posted when I figure out how to set up the ticker tape for my weight loss.
2good2btrue
New, but learning

Post by 2good2btrue »

Well I thought you would like to know that I went to the doctor and I lost 17 1/2 lbs.  The doctor was taken back and asking me if I was feeling okay.  Three times he asked me that.  I told him I was doing LDL and he said I didn't know a dating service would make you lose weight.  I told him I was not doing the dating service and I gave him the website to look up the program.  My blood pressure was lower and my blood sugars are keeping at a lower point than I have ever been.  Thanks LDL for me picking up the "First" magazine.  I do believe that this is too good to be true.  Thanks for all the encouragement.  I do spend time looking at peoples success and I do get encouragement from reading the boards.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Thanks for posting your success. I have been sending our diabetic patients to this web site as I have not seen that Conventional Diabetes Nutrition has made much of a difference for our Diabetics. One of these days I want to share this with our dieticians. I was just hoping a few of our Diabetics would try it and be able to confirm success. Guess I am anticipating resistance from the dieticians. :wrong:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

2good2btrue, congrats on the good doctor's report and the weight loss!  LDL makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?  And, most people find it so easy to stick with!  Will be interested to hear more about your progress as you continue LDL!!!

LindaRN, it's a shame that our doctors are not required to study nutrition.  You're right, the Diabetic Diet I was given never helped me at all. 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  They might have had to study nutrition, but if it is anything like the nutrition class I had to endure, it is no wonder they are clueless. I have learned more about nutrition watching Christian TV the past few years than I have in the 37 years I have been nursing.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I personally think that both the physicians and dietitians are clueless.

The Food Pyramid they use as a guide to outline what we should eat everyday is basically the same guide my husband and I were given to fatten up our pigs before slaughter.

So, in a nutshell, they are fattening us up buy using the same dietary guidelines and can't figure out why Americans are getting so fat. They need to take their heads out of the sand.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  A big AMEN to that. Not only do they ignore the efects of what we are eating and not eating on our health, but they also ignore side effects to meds. You go to them not feeling well, and instead of trying to figure out what is causing it, they throw some more meds at it, never considering the meds they gave you last week may be responsible. I guess the only answer is we just have to take control of ourselves and prove this works. When there are such an overwhelming number of healthy converts, they will begin to wonder what we are doing to get there.
Linda

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

That's why I'm very big on Naturopathic medicine. The physicians try to find the cause of the problem before treating their patients. They just don't throw a band-aid on it and hope that it will fix everything. Most of the patients that I've seen don't even take meds. And if they do, it's usually only a couple and they're not on them for very long.

On the other side of the coin, I see patients being treated by regular physicians, taking a list of medications as long as your arm and the docs wonder why they can't afford to continue taking them and mark them as "Non Compliant."

Another thing that I've seen happen. Drug reps will drop off samples at the doctors' offices and tell the docs that if their patients are experiencing certain symptoms that their drug will help them. They usually don't even research the drug to see what the side effects are and/or if they will have any adverse reaction with any other drug their patients may already be taking. That's scary!

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image You are so right CQ, Years ago I heard kenneth Copeland say it takes faith to go to a doctor. He was encouraging people to use their faith to receive their healing. Now it is more true than ever. You do need to use your faith going to doctors. We don't have any Naturopathic docs here yet. Trying to work with the doc we chose who I used to work with. She is interested in learning the more natural non-pharmaceutical ways for treating patients. Unfortunately she is also the one who warned about the beans and gout. Sent her the link to LDL, doubt she has had time to look at it. DH goes back in Feb with lab work. Hoping the significant weight loss and normal labs will make her take notice.
Linda

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hopefully, if it's God's will, your DH will have lost enough weight and his lab value changes will be enough for her to take notice. Afterall, they have egos that need to be fed. If they help someone and that person tells someone else, they look good. They love that.

So, who cares, the main thing is that others are helped by LDL.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Thanks CQ will let you know how it goes
Linda

jjelli

Post by jjelli »

I'm thinking its more of the insurance companies that dicatate to the Dr.  For example;  Went to fill mom's diabetic pills (Juanuiva)  100mg.  This was previously approved by ins co.  When I went to get it,  its wasn't filled because the insurance company said she could get by using the 50mg....  Ok so fill the 50 mg..  Cant.... have to get a prescription from the Dr., Dr.'s office has to get approval from the ins company.  Took 2 days to get it approved and filled.  Mom never did see the Dr.  And the cost is the same to us for half the prescription but it costs the ins co less.  unbelieveable.

But then it could be the Dr. also.  When we do go for a visit.  They don't even have a list of the medicine they prescribe to you.  We have to bring the current list. 

Who knows.....just try and eat healthy  jj
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My husband has had seizures since he was young from getting hit in the head with a baseball bat.  Only in the last 5 years have the doctors found medicine that has kept him from have grandmal seizures.  Last year his insurance company decided they wouldn't pay for his one type of medication anymore because it doesn't come in generic.  They made the decision without his doctors approval even.  We had to fight with our doctors help for a whole month before they agreed to pay for it.  At first they still weren't going to pay until Mike finally made them understand that this was the first time in his life he had been seizure free.  Now this year they did the same thing so we changed insurance companies and so far ok.  I would like to be able to understand how just ordinary people can make those kind of decisions without taking into consideration what it will do to the patient.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Don't' even get me started on generic drugs...they've already been proven to not do the job. My father, when he was alive, was prescribe a generic drug that almost killed him. Why do think they are so much cheaper than the original? They don't have all the ingredients of the original drug...so, the generic companies think they are getting away with it by saying the drug will do the same thing as the original drug was suppose to do...wrong, they are setting themselves up for a major law suit.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Unfortunately, this is why you have to be in Faith to even get good healthcare. Even in government hospitals, people who have never worked in different areas and are clueless as to how things run, make decisions that everyone must follow. And most are too stupid to reason with. The bottom line is the bottom line and it is always about profit. Years ago the churches ran the hospitals. Now we are content to let the (Godless) government do it. We have to continue to speak up and be a force of resistance. Insurance companies are the same Godless bureaucracy.
Linda

2good2btrue
New, but learning

Post by 2good2btrue »

I've had a bad weekend and can't wait to get back to LDL.  Has anyone had a husband that wants them to eat the bad stuff because he doesn't understand what is good?  I felt like he was the devil by bringing home some of my favorite things because I was doing so well.  I told him he could bring home a fruit salad, jewelry, anything else but pastries and candy.

Oh well, should have prayed to give me strength to resist.  I'm eating my fruit tonight.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

2good2btrue,

Right now, I'd gladly send over my husband to yours and let them figure out how they were going to get back into our good graces... :laughing: If I hear that I want a good pizza one more time I think I'll going to lose it...believe it or not, pizza doesn't appeal to me anymore...I can thank LDL for that. I love the "Pizza soup and the Vegetarian Pizza Soup."

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on December 14th, 2009, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.