HELP! I'M STALLED!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mamavan

HELP! I'M STALLED!

Post by mamavan »

Hi All,
Hope everyone had a joyous, delicious LDL Thanksgiving! I've been so busy I haven't had time to post. Need help. I do NOT eat anything that is not LDL "approved." I may be getting close to Niki as an up and coming "bean queen"  :laughing: and my go to fruit is grapes (and here in CT....a pound of grapes is $3.99!!!). I had found that I cannot have fruit smoothies in the morning as they make me nauseous. I would get sick to my stomach every morning after having a fruit smoothie, as soon as I stopped drinking them...my nausea went away. Go figure. So most mornings I will have a bowl of black bean soup or ff refried beans mixed w/some corn, very occasionally I will make a "small" bowl of steel cut oatmeal. Two bowls of black bean (or one of the other bean soups that I'll make) for my big meal. I love this soup and it makes life so easy to have a pot of ready made food handy so that I can grab a bowl w/o thinking about what can I make myself for lunch, etc. I'm not a meat eater nor am I a vegetarian. I believe the amount of bean soup I eat has MORE than enough protein ... not to mention fiber it in that I am sure I am getting enough good stuff each day.  I'm not hungry at dinner time...I may have grapes or some sauteed vegys and b/f bed I like my air popped popcorn w/EVOO spray and I do 45 minutes of weight training/and exercising six days a week! I have not lost an ounce or an inch in six weeks. Haven't noticed any difference in my clothes either. It's as if I'm "maintaining" my weight. The fruit flush hasn't helped either. What's the deal? Any suggestions are as always so appreciated!
Cheryl
jkate

Re: HELP! I'M STALLED!

Post by jkate »

Cheryl ~ Sorry to intrude on your post but I have a question and didn't know how to start one and am anxiously awaiting the reply to your question so knew that I would read this again.

My question: It is 9:30 a.m. now and I have not eaten anything this a.m. I usually do eat some fruit at 5:30 a.m. when we have breakfast then I walk but this a.m. I didn't have time and I am not really hungry so my question is can I just wait until I get hungry to eat the fruit for breakfast or do I NEED to eat when I first get up? If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it - I have just started LDL and actually am not doing so good getting through detox - you can read my journal  if need to but trust me I haven't been doing the best so far but

Cheryl ~ Sounds like you have been following the plan so I can't wait to here the reply to your question.

God Bless
]
[/url]]
jkate

Post by jkate »

Mary and RT ~ Thank you guys for your responses! I will stop eating at 5:15 a.m. when I first get up and am not even hungry - for some reason (I don't know why) I thought I was supposed to eat as soon as I got up. Maybe some previous diet that I had been on. :wrong:

RT ~ I will pay attention to if I am eating until I am full. Yesterday when I did so poorly (food wise) I ate all my left overs from the day before which wasn't very much food - so I may NOT have eaten until full yesterday. Today I am cooking Ty's Beef and Beans and am preparing a nice salad to go with it and there will be plenty to eat until I get full.

Thank you for the quick responses to the questions and I already love this site! Thanks again for you guys' awesome help! :D
]
[/url]]
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Mama,

I stalled twice since I started (July 6th).  The last one was three weeks.  It was like my body was saying, "What are you doing losing weight?"  I just hung in there - I didn't do anything different.  Then, I started losing again.  Now, I'm not losing as much per week, but it is a steady loss.  Here's my progress:

Last edited by Anonymous on December 3rd, 2009, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

mamavan wrote:Hi All,
Hope everyone had a joyous, delicious LDL Thanksgiving! I've been so busy I haven't had time to post. Need help. I do NOT eat anything that is not LDL "approved." I may be getting close to Niki as an up and coming "bean queen"  :laughing: and my go to fruit is grapes (and here in CT....a pound of grapes is $3.99!!!). I had found that I cannot have fruit smoothies in the morning as they make me nauseous. I would get sick to my stomach every morning after having a fruit smoothie, as soon as I stopped drinking them...my nausea went away. Go figure. So most mornings I will have a bowl of black bean soup or ff refried beans mixed w/some corn, very occasionally I will make a "small" bowl of steel cut oatmeal. Two bowls of black bean (or one of the other bean soups that I'll make) for my big meal. I love this soup and it makes life so easy to have a pot of ready made food handy so that I can grab a bowl w/o thinking about what can I make myself for lunch, etc. I'm not a meat eater nor am I a vegetarian. I believe the amount of bean soup I eat has MORE than enough protein ... not to mention fiber it in that I am sure I am getting enough good stuff each day.  I'm not hungry at dinner time...I may have grapes or some sauteed vegys and b/f bed I like my air popped popcorn w/EVOO spray and I do 45 minutes of weight training/and exercising six days a week! I have not lost an ounce or an inch in six weeks. Haven't noticed any difference in my clothes either. It's as if I'm "maintaining" my weight. The fruit flush hasn't helped either. What's the deal? Any suggestions are as always so appreciated!
Cheryl

I also have had difficulty with the smoothies/fruit in the mornings...I have been sick, but even before I was having a little trouble with it.  I love them, they are absolutely delicious, but I find that my stomach seems less than satisfied.  I have not been certain about the protein in the a.m. is that ok? I know I would probably do better with some protein, but I don't want to ruin the effect of  what the fruit is doing to my metablolism....I have also had a slow weight loss, my husband is breezing thru this losing tons of weight while I watch his success...I am thankful for his weight loss, but I feel I am working as hard and not seeing the same results...(or even close)
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I do best when eating beans in the morning with my fruit which is fine.  sometimes I have the refried beans, eggs for breakfast and then have soup and protien for lunch.  I am losing doing this so it must be ok.  It has all day to get out of my system that way.  i never eat protien at night and have a light weight meal like fruit or sometimes popcorn.  Your body will tell you what is working and what is.  In the beginning the fruit in the morning made me sick but that has worked it self out too.  The main thing is eat until you are full
What does your name Mtshirt mean?
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

wendysgoodnews wrote:I do best when eating beans in the morning with my fruit which is fine.  sometimes I have the refried beans, eggs for breakfast and then have soup and protien for lunch.  I am losing doing this so it must be ok.  It has all day to get out of my system that way.  i never eat protien at night and have a light weight meal like fruit or sometimes popcorn.  Your body will tell you what is working and what is.  In the beginning the fruit in the morning made me sick but that has worked it self out too.  The main thing is eat until you are full
What does your name Mtshirt mean?

It's just a name that friends in another state gave me upon moving to Montana....I could probably come up with something that is more descriptive of who I am instead of where I live.... ;D
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

what part of Montana are you in?  I live in Hamilton  45 miles S of Missoula.  Where did you move from?
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Hi Everyone! Thanks,thanks for all the good advice. Roger, I've answered your questions below so I look forward to our "mentor's" response. Julie had mentioned to me also that since I am doing weight training I have to remember that weight training builds not only muscle. (It also builds bone as well). I will have to try on a pair of pants that I had put aside b/c they are tight.  So to answer your questions....

1. How long have you been on Let's Do Lunch?
        I started LDL after it appeared in First Magazine here in CT in July. So I probably started it mid-July.

2. How many pounds have you lost, totally?
      I had started dieting prior to finding LDL so w/LDL I have lost a total of 32 lbs. (But as I mentioned, since I started dieting b/f LDL my "ticker tape" only reflects the weight I've lost on LDL)
3. Are you on any medications?

4. Do you drink anything that is not Let's Do Lunch approved, like fruit juice, wine or other alcohol?

5. Have you cut your calorie intake to fewer than 1,000 calories a day? (It sounds to me like you have cut your calorie intake so low that your metabolism may have shut down, which then absolutely STOPS weight loss.)

6. Are you under any stress from anything happening in your life?

7. How tall are you?

8. How much do you weigh right now?

9. When was the last time you saw your doctor for a checkup?

10. What were you making your fruit smoothies out of? (Sometimes when I ate watermelon I would upchuck afterward, even though I loved the taste of watermelon. So, if you made your smoothie with the same fruit every day, it may very well be that that particular fruit is one that you should avoid.)
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

wendysgoodnews wrote:what part of Montana are you in?  I live in Hamilton  45 miles S of Missoula.  Where did you move from?

Wow, that's amazing, we are in Kalispell...we moved here from McMinnville Or, we've been here 10 years now and still love it!!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

i love that area.  i met my husband 23 years ago when I was living in Whitefish.  We love to still go there and visit friends. 
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

wendysgoodnews wrote:i love that area.  i met my husband 23 years ago when I was living in Whitefish.  We love to still go there and visit friends. 

Whitefish IS a beautiful area, we just love the beauty of this entire area. Have some friends down toward where you are too and it's beautiful down there too!!! Would be the next area if I had to choose....
mamavan

Re: HELP! I'M STALLED! Ooops!

Post by mamavan »

Sorry my dog jumped up on my laptop and posted my answer b/f I was finished. So here we go again.

1. How long have you been on Let's Do Lunch?
    I started LDL mid July after reading the article in First Magazine.

2. How many pounds have you lost, totally?
    I had started dieting b/f finding LDL - to date I have lost 32 lbs (and I need to update my ticker).

3. Are you on any medications?
    The only meds I am on are Zocor for my cholesterol, and vitamins, fish oil (b/c I'm not a fish eater) and extra calcium.

4. Do you drink anything that is not Let's Do Lunch approved, like fruit juice, wine or other alcohol?
    I will have a cup of coffee in the morning, but drink herbal tea in the afternoon. I do not drink soda, fruit juice or alcohol. I probably should drink more water during the day.

5. Have you cut your calorie intake to fewer than 1,000 calories a day? (It sounds to me like you have cut your calorie intake so low that your metabolism may have shut down, which then absolutely STOPS weight loss.)
    I think I eat at least a 1,000 calories a day maybe more. But I gotta say, since doing LDL, I'm not hungry.And we don't count calories. Assuming the "eat until your full and your body will soon need fewer calories..." must be true. I don't think eating when one is not hungry is a good idea. I eat breakfast, lunch (my bigger caloric intake of the day) and either fruit or veygs in the evening (but not always as at this time of day....I am NOT hungry)...I do have grapes and my popcorn in the evening (my night time snack).

6. Are you under any stress from anything happening in your life?
    No everything is good.

7. How tall are you?
    5' 1"

8. How much do you weigh right now?
    I started out at 191 lbs. and am down to 159 lbs.

9. When was the last time you saw your doctor for a checkup?
    A few months ago and was in better health than I had been in a long time. She was very happy.

10. What were you making your fruit smoothies out of? (Sometimes when I ate watermelon I would upchuck afterward, even though I loved the taste of watermelon. So, if you made your smoothie with the same fruit every day, it may very well be that that particular fruit is one that you should avoid.)
      I made most of my smoothies using bananas, apples, white beans, a little cinnamon and a tad bit of apple juice. But I must admit....I'm not a big fruit fan. I love summer fruits, watermelons, cantelopes, etc. Not big on apples, pears, oranges, etc. I've been buying purple grapes as I have come to love them (as long as they are crisp and not mushy) and I have been buying pomegranates even though, they too, are very expensive. But loaded w/antioxidents.

Now keep in mind...before I started any dieting or LDL my doctor had asked me this question:
"Cheryl what do you like to eat?"
My answer, "I love pizza, pasta, rice, potato chips, fritos, cheese doodles, cupcakes, candy, cookies, if you can bread it and fry it I'll eat it. I don't like vegetables, fruit or fish!" She looked at me ... I said to her, "Well you asked." Now based on that...and where I am now...I say "Hurray" to me. Since LDL I have not eaten anything but LDL foods. So if I'm not hungry...why should I eat? around 6:30 I had two bowls of the Spicy Black Bean soup. YUMMO! I just love it! The black bean soup that is! I no longer eat any kind of protein at night...other than beans.

I am willing to bet that I have the cleanest colon in CT  :laughing:

So I've become a bean soup nut...is it possible that beans could stall me? I can't imagine that to be true b/c they are so good for you. What do you think? Am I just stalled?

Cheryl
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

My weight stalled for three weeks, right after I started exercising; however, my clothes became looser.  Crickadoodle or CQ told me it was probably water protecting my muscle-our bodies are wonderfully made, so after that, I started loosing lbs again, but as MusicM said, it has slowed down.  My, you have done well--159  from 191 is really good.  Stay with LDL and it will start again.  I like hot fruit pies for breakfast.  Cornthins with a little jam or  with mashed up beans can be satisfying.  :thumbsup:  :D Joyful Friend