Not feeling well....

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
montanashirl
New, but learning

Not feeling well....

Post by montanashirl »

Anyone out there have any advice for when you aren't feeling well?  I am having trouble with the acidity of the fruit? I don't want to lose momentum with the weight loss... anyone else weathered being sick? :sideways:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: Not feeling well....

Post by wendysgoodnews »

How long have you been on LDL?I was terribly sick feeling in the beginning but by the end of the first or second week it was fine.  i just had to eat some protein and beans in the morning to get my day started then I was fine.  Do what ever your body says is right but remember to eat until you are full. 
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

wendysgoodnews wrote:How long have you been on LDL?I was terribly sick feeling in the beginning but by the end of the first or second week it was fine.  i just had to eat some protein and beans in the morning to get my day started then I was fine.  Do what ever your body says is right but remember to eat until you are full. 

It's been about 6 weeks now and at times i feel absolutely wonderful, I have been sick, not sure with what, but some nausea in the a.m. and sort of sluggish til I eat my protein in the afternoon.  I do love beans so I am trying to stick more to the beans and less meat as well.  I have also had a lot of headacheds since I started....never had them before.  It is winter though, well almost, and I know that going to the gym etc I am exposed to lots of germs and sick people...so...it could just be a bug.  We'll see how it goes....I love the eating plan, it's relatively easy and that's the biggest obstacle for me...eating at 10 and 2 is sometimes a challenge though. Thanks for your response... :thumbsup:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Ya I don't get headaches either and I had terrible headaches.  I would think the beans should do the trick.  I can't always wait until 10 because of things going on but when I eat beans in the morning it doesn't matter because it usually keeps me full until when ever I eat lunch which I try to make around 2ish.  i was having trouble with my potasium being too high and alot of the foods on LDL are high in potasium and I was thinking I had to figure out a way to stay on this way of eating without giving up my favorite foods.  I got discouraged a bit also but the good people on this board came along side me and helped me realize that it would all work out and it has.  So be blessed by all the advice and love you will get to carry you through to victory.
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I have had that problem also. My first four days on LDL I had headaches every day. It stopped for a while.  Now I am in the fifth week and this week I feel sick again. I was going to post on the web and get some advice until I saw this post. I have headaches and very acidity this week. I tried to eat more protein and eat more today to see if that helps. I also like this way of eating and have lost about 9lbs, but I hate the headaches. I was wondering was my body missing something and that is the reason for the headache. So I understand your pain. (Smile)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Headaches are a symptom of detoxification. The longer you have the headaches the more toxic your body. The LDL program gets rid of the toxins and that's why you're having the headaches.

Also, if you're experiencing an acid feeling after eating fruit it's because you're combining the wrong fruits together. Some people never really notice because they've been having heartburn or other GI symptoms for years.

CQ
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Try putting some white beans in your fruit smoothie for breakfast, as you can't even taste them and they give you some protein to help with your problem, and they help with holding you over until lunch without being hungry again. Also, try eating fruits that are not so acidic.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

I did try the beans one morning, but as poorly as I have been feeling, my "brain" could not tolerate beans in my wonderful fruity smoothie...my husband hates beans and I love them for the most part, but that morning really
ruined me on the beans in the smoothie. I have had a few, like a 1/4 cup with a little diced tomatoes, onions and peppers, sort of salsa but without the heat.  It works on some days.
I just wish I knew if I were actually sick or if my body is burning calories in a way that causes weakness...i have heard that somewhere before, that a big change in your eating can cause your body to react...????? With the flu season and all the other germs/viral crud, it's hard to say. 
Thanks though for your words of encouragement, they do help tremendously!!
Also, it's great to see another Montanan bravely facing the shortage of 'good' fresh veggies and fruit in the area we live in. 
God bless and here's to a new day tomorrow!!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I hope you are soon feeling better, mtshirl.  Once your body rids itself of all the junk it has stored, I bet you will feel better than you have in a long time.  This detox reaction is fairly common and a good reason not to resume your "old ways."  Hang in there, but see a doctor if necessary.  It's possible that your sickness has nothing to do with what you are eating.  Keep us posted.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I agree with Roger. I have had horrible hedaches from caffine and sugar withdrawl. And nothing, no medication will touch it. That will be your clue. If aspirin, ibuprophen, or Tylenol does not relieve it, then try some caffine or sugar, whatever you feel the culprit is. The headache will stop immediately. I stopped caffine when my babies were born and had horrendous headaches for a week. They do eventually stop if you truely want to give it up. Also DH experienced horrible headaches and vomiting the first time he tried a fast after becoming a new Christian. We have since learned to cut the sugar if you want to fast or be healthier. I am older now and not willing to suffer the withdrawl so I have my coffee with a little natural sugar. It has not affected my weight loss, but I am satisfied with a slower decline. If the headaches go away with medication, then maybe something is going on, like sinus infection or could also be an allergy. You could also try a dose of Benadryl, Clarita or Zyrtec to see if that stops it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

Thanks, I will try drinking a diet coke the next time, because tylenol did not work. Thanks
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Caffeine, sugar and wheat found in most whole grain cereals for certain blood types are toxins. Like a drug they can cause uncomfortable detoxification symptoms....headaches being one of them.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on December 4th, 2009, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

montanashirl wrote:Anyone out there have any advice for when you aren't feeling well?  I am having trouble with the acidity of the fruit? I don't want to lose momentum with the weight loss... anyone else weathered being sick? :sideways:

I am feeling so much better today, I tried the corn/beans and I feel so much better.  Maybe at this rate I "will" get to go to the Christmas party!!!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Montanashirl,

If you are getting an acid stomach  :sick: you might want to try some of the following.  They often help when I eat something that "just doesn't set right".  A banana with cinnamon, a baked-in-the-microwave apple with cinnamon, a few corn thins with a little butter and cinnamon and warmed in the microwave, and popcorn without EVOO.  Maybe it's the cinnamon but usually one of these helps my acid stomach.

*hug*
Ginny
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have trouble with acid stomach and have taken pills for years for it.  I have found that cooking somethings with a bit of ginger helps.  But I went to the health food store and picked up Pro-Biotics and an aloe vera capsule.  It has solved the problem and I don't even take the acid pills anymore.  The other thing I found is it seems the Pro-Biotic helped with most all the gassy tummy I was having from the food changes.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Glad to hear the Probiotics helped you Wendy. Having alot of gas when eating beans and fruits is a good indication you are feeding gut yeast. The fiber in the beans and eliminating the refined sugars and corn syrup will eventually flush it out but if you want to get over the discomfort fast, the Probiotics work great. By eliminating the yeast, you also boost your imune system, a good thing to do especially in cold and flu season. Coding Queen posted a great article on Probiotics.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Montana,  *hug*

Sorry I am so late to see this. You have already received some great advice. One more thing to try is an egg in the morning. It is a lite protein and fine on LDL for breakfast. It may settle your stomach to have the protein earlier in the day and if part of the headache is due to hypoglycemic symptoms it could help that as well. My brother has this and he gets headaches and shaky and nauseous if he doesn't eat regularly. You can still have your main meal at lunch.

Also if you suspect this may be the issue, do not wait until 10 to eat - this will only exacerbate the problem. Eat within an hour of arising and have your egg. Then you can follow up with a piece of fruit at 10 or 11 if you like. It should not affect your results too much. Check with your doctor as well but that's my 2 cents.

Hope you are feeling better soon,

Julie :rose: