Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by julie409 »

Hello my buddies, *hug*

I am thinking about starting a weekly Fruit & Soup Flush day on Mondays! January 4th would be the first one, if you are game!  It will be the first Monday in the new year and there may be a couple of extra ounces  :laughing:  (ahem) that we may wish to take care of after the holiday celebrations. . :thumbsup:

I also think this is a great way to give our bodies a rest from digesting the animal proteins. Lots of health enthusiasts believe that fasting once a week will add years to our lives - so this is the next best thing!  

So who is with me on this?  Spring is only a few months away and I hear that mini dresses are on the runway!  :cool:

Here is how to do the Fruit & Soup Flush ( pg 65 Red book) I am doing one today!

Eat nothing but acceptable fruits, popcorn, or soups that have vegetables but no potatoes, for the day.
Eat as much as you want and as often as you want.
Stay away from any soup that has cheese, oil, red meat, potatoes, beer, cream, milk, butter, margarine, gravy, processed meat or fat of any kind.

OK so now that I have read this, I have questions. I thought there was no protein on that day (so I excluded any poultry fish and seafood as well. I thought I read that is how it is done. But the guidelines in the book do not say that. I will clarify with Mary and or Roger before we start.
Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on December 22nd, 2009, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by Deborah D. »

Julie409 count me in girl....I can do the fruit and soup on Mondays, after all we get to eat the LDL soups so there is no problems there...

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

Julie and Deborah,

Count me in, too!  :thumbsup:

Kathy

PS I will probably need a reminder in January.  ;)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:D Me too, me too Image
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I am in.... I think this is a great idea!!!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I would love to join you guys in this!  Sounds quite yummy :)

Mary J

PS a reminder would be good :) 
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hey, we've been doing this on Fridays!  We get groceries on Saturday and are out of food by Friday!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey, you guys are up with the chickens today - and on a Saturday, no less! I am so happy you guys are game for this.

MM too funny! :laughing:  Well, maybe this is a good way to cut down our monthly grocery bill as well.  :thumbsup:
Linda, love the photo!  I am going to see if I can blow it up some. Godstemple, DoubleD, Mary J, & Blue - happy to have you guys beside me.  *hug*  YEAH!  And yes, I will definitely send a reminder as we approach!  :thumbsup:

Have a great day!  Need to get my Grocery shopping list set for Christmas Eve!  :angel:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- I'm in for the Fruit and Soup Flush Mondays!  Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.  Overindulge, if you must, with discretion.  My plan is to overindulge, if I feel the need, on fruit, popcorn, and fresh vegetables.  I feel way too good to blow it on cookies and candy.  I don't want to lose this "healthy feeling."  Hugs to you all.  Pam
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

I am in!  I won't be able to start that first Monday but I will jump on board the 2nd one. 
Cami :)

Phillipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Yes Pam,

I agree!  I will have to taste some things as I am trying some new recipes.

Cami,

No worries - you can jump on and off at will. I do this from time to time but I thought I would make it official so I can keep the weight coming off as I get closer to gaol.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone! 

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I would love to do this also.  Just remind me and I am right beside ya all.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Yes, me too!  Great idea!!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Julie, are you a fan on Facebook? If so, please do a post there on each Sunday before. Just the mention of it will draw in some curious shoppers. If you aren't, remind me and I will post for you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

rodie

Post by rodie »

Julie,
You can also count me in,Christmas isn't even here and I feel my pants getting tighter *evil*I already had told my dh that I needed to get back in the swing of things.I miss my soup,and I sure miss the way my jeans were fitting.I know this woe works for me but I tend to get really lazy,especially after losing a few lbs and having my jeans feel so comfy.I think I'm about 5 lbs up, and I can't believe how terrible I feel,I'm ready to climb back on the wagon :thumbsup:

Hugzzzz
Rodie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Guys!  I am so happy to have all of you join with me on this. I think it will really keep us focused and get us all back on track should we need it  :thumbsup:

I will make sure to post on here every Saturday/Sunday so that the topic will come up in your "New replies to your posts." That should serve as a reminder to get into gear for Monday.

Have a great night!  *hug*

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I do this about three times a week... for no other reason than I just dont feel like eating meat sometimes... so this is a great idea!!!

You all will really see a difference quickly... The soups are so wonderful... you won't miss the meat at all... and you can have all of it that you want!

Great, great, great idea...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  I will try to remember to post on Facebook on Sat and Sunday with a link to the smoothie and soup recipes. Those who are already posting on facebook may want to give one recipe with a picture to help entice others to join us. Hint, hint Sicilian Mama
Linda

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Linda...

LOL... hint taken and heeded... I'll do it...

Thanks so much for putting it on FB... now recognition can go out where everyone can see it... and hopefully others will see it and join up...
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

I'm in!  I might even start doing what Sicilian Mama does and do this 3 times a week.  I'm glad a reminder will be sent.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]