Seizures and LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Janel

Seizures and LDL

Post by Janel »

Hi There every one,
I have great news I lost 13 pounds in the last 3 months, the reason I know that is I have epilepsy and go to the doc every 3 months.  I get weighted every time I go in.  As mom (terri p) says I gave brith to a 13 pound baby but I like to say that i lost a 13 pound kitty ;D *woot*

I have had to lowwer my meds, anti seizure, insulin,pain pills, and I'm not on my tummy med any more.  I do eat apples for the heart burn I get I read an article in the news paper about it and boy does it work.  Dad calls me the apple pusher :D :angel:

i still have some problems but they are not as bad as they were,  I still need to take pain pills but not as much which is good for my kidneys.  I still have diabities type 2 and I still have epilepsy always will have that and need to take pills for it but they are going down .

Being on this life style change takes time for some of us to see the change and lose the weight slowly.  but it still works.
janel
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Seizures and LDL

Post by LINDA RN »

Image Thank you for sharing this. Just another proof that this WOE is as much for healing as weight loss.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Janel,

Thank you for sharing your good news about your weight loss (good job!) and the health benefits you are having.  I bet it felt good to get rid of that 13 pound kitty  :D .  Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy LDL New Year  *hug* .
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Thanks for letting us know Janel.  Some of us (including me) don't lose weight quickly so it is great to hear about those who lose slow but steady to keep us going.  Congratulations on the 13 pound weight loss and the reduction of your meds!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

congratulations on your weight loss.  Any time we are heading down that scale it is something to celebrate.  What a blessing to be able to go down on your meds especially for seizures.  My husband also has seizures and he is on lots of different meds to controll his so he would love to be able to go down on the meds.  Hopefully it works out that way.  Keep up the good work!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Janel- You are doing great :thumbsup:!  Slow and steady and getting health benefits, too.  Keep up the good job and keep us updated on your progress.  Merry Christmas.  Pam
Janel

Post by Janel »

Thankyou all for the way to goes.

Wendy  I have had epilepsy almost all my life.  I weight loss does help a little, the stress levels, sleep and boy do I know about the stress and sleep do take affect you.  My Doc was very happy with the weight lose.  Keep me up to date on how your hubby is doing with his seizures.
janel
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My husband has had his seizures most of his life also.  He was hit in the head when he was very young with a baseball bat and within the year begin having them.  The doctors have only in the last several years found a good combination for controlling his seizures but as all meds go it has effected his short term memory so he hates taking so much of it.  I will keep you posted and will look forward to following your journey.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Janel,

That's terrific news!  The weight loss is great but the MEDS - yeah for you!

Julie :rose:
Janel

Post by Janel »

ty julie,
Wendy i do not remeber most of my child hood from having so many seizures.  he is lucky to have you there to help him and to love him.  I live alone with my service kitty she helps me all the time even getting my butt out of bed in the morning :rolleyes: :tongue:  I do feel alot better on the ldl,  do you have him on it, it might help.  there is a deit they put some people with seizures on that seems to help.
janel
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

He tried the seizure diet, mostly like an atkins type and he almost starved so didn't stay on very long.  Yes he is on this WOE and loves it, he has alot more energy and doesn't fall asleep every time he sits for 5 minutes.  Your kitty must be alot of company I know we have dogs and they are family as far as we are concerned.  It would be awfully lonesome without them especially now that the boys are gone.
I have always felt like the one that was blessed to have Mike he is really a great guy!
Janel

Post by Janel »

I was at the doc again today to get them to lower my meds,  I lots 8 more pounds,  they are not going to lower the meds right away we are going to change the meds .  I'm going to not be the most fun this summer, I will be dizzy and sick to my stomache most of the day fromw the med.  that is ok if at the end of the summer I'm feeling better and hey I have air conditioning so I do not have to out very often
janel and kitty girl
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW Janel, 27 lb weight loss is impressive! Keep up the good work. I am sure people are beginning to notice and ask what you are doing and how you are doing it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Congrats on your weightloss Janel!  YOU are doing great!  Hope the new meds aren't too bad for you this summer... and they get it adjusted really fast..

Wendy, I hear ya about your doggies... all my kids at home now have paws  ;D 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Janel

Post by Janel »

Thank you Linda and Mary J,
Yes Linda people are wondering what is going on and I tell every one about it some of my friends and family think I should have been a sales women.  I'm still having problems with my old med and the pharmacy what fun have to go get the right one then come home and finish getting ready to go to mom's and dad's house for the weekend.
janel and skinny sam