I"m just starting and worried .. please pray

Let us pray for you!
jen101

I"m just starting and worried .. please pray

Post by jen101 »

I am just starting the diet and feel like everthing in my life is out of control and what I have used to fill my void has been food. I don't want to fail. I want to succeed this time and make it to the finish line. My oldest daughter is having a hard time too. I need to set an example for her and be her support. I want to show her that we can do this together and food need not control us. My life is filled with nothing but stress and now my weight has added to it. I know I will feel so much better if I can get a handle on this one thing. I'm off to the grocery store to get the right food in my house. Please pray that my week goes well and god gives me strength.
jkate

Re: I"m just starting and worried .. please pray

Post by jkate »

Jen ~ I'll be your prayer partner and please remember me in yours'.  You said you have an older daughter to be an example for and so do I. We can do this and be the example for others that are watching us - and someone always is. Have a wonderful weekend and I will be checking back on you and will be praying for you too.
]
[/url]]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI  Jen,

Of course, I will pray for you and you too Jkate if that's ok!  :angel:

But I don;t understand why you are worried.  LDL is absolutely the one thing you can do for your self that will give you great health and put you in control of your appetite and your cravings.  :thumbsup:  One of the side benefits that I have noticed is that I gained a feeling of calm after a couple of weeks.  If you have already gone shopping, then you are on your way.  

Just make the soups that sound yummy to you and be sure to have lots of fruits and vegetables on hand for anytime that you are hungry. You will do well on this as long as you follow Roger's guidelines. You can't miss. And your daughter is blessed to have you to encourage and support her and You will give each other strength. The first month I lost over 15 lbs and I wasn't even sure of what I was doing. I am down 55 lbs now and hope to lose another 45.  

Read all the success stories for motivation and inspiration!  Please let us know how you are doing.

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on January 4th, 2010, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Jen, you and your daughter will do great! 
I was like you less then 2 months ago when I began.  When I quit smoking I put everything into food and my addiction was way out of control, which made everything in my life a mess.  My whole life had become so out of control and stressed I didn't think anything could help.  Then after praying I saw RT on 700 club and my life has been forever changed.  All that stress and out of control feeling has left, I feel like for the first time in years I have found myself and I feel great.  It took maybe a week to get rid of all the cravings and after that it has been smooth sailing in losing weight. 
The first thing that is so important is to start a food journal of what you are eating everyday on this site.  It has helped me to be accountable for what I am eating and the support from everyone is so helpful.  There is nothing to be scared of in starting this way of eating because once you get started you will feel so strengthened and healthy.  Most of us are here after trying many different diets and failing to lose or keep the weight off.  This is a whole different type of eating and you and your daughter will be so encouraged from day one to the day you meet your goal weight.  Just give it a try and you will soon be encouraging others  and telling them all about your success.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jen, You will have success if you eat and follow the guidelines.  Ask questions, we are here for each other.  I will remember you in prayer.  With God's strength, you can succeed.  My daughter is also an LDL.  We have really enjoyed this woe(way of eating)  I will be following your success.  Wendy and Julie gave great advice.  *hug*  *hug*Joyful Friend
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jen- What I found was that the "deeper" i got into the LDL lifestyle, the more my stresses seemed to diminish.  It was as though when I had my eating in control, other areas of my life became less stressful and more organized.  Among other things, I organized my refrigerator and cupboards throwing away all the foods I wouldn't be eating, I went through my closet and discarded all my clothes that were too big after the first couple of months.  I organized my recipes.  Perhaps my biggest act of faith was to give away my entire collection of diet books.  As I have discarded weight, that feeling of control has translated to feeling more in control of all areas of my life.  Things no longer stress me as they used to.  I think others have expressed similar experiences.  We are here for you whenever you have a question or concern or just need to talk.  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!  Pam
needwife

Post by needwife »

DEAR  JEN --YOU WILL  BE FINE, YOU ARE ON THE SKINNY TRAIN NOW, YOU ARE HEADED TO SKINNYTOWN, JEN LIFE IS FULL OF  STRESS, THERE  MAY BE A DAY THAT YOU STEP OFF THE TRAIN ,

BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO GET BACK ON THE TRAIN, YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS I HAVE FELL APART , BUT I KNEW DEEP DOWN MY LIFE DEPENDED ON MY DECISION TO GET BACK ON TRACK.

THIS WAY OF LIVING IS THE ONLY CHANCE THAT A PERSON WHO DOES LIKE TO EAT , LIKE MYSELF, HAS  TO KEEP HIS WEIGHT  UNDER CONTROL.

WHEN I FIRST STARTED THIS PROGRAM, I HAD 303 POUNDS TO LOSE,THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MIN. THINK HOW I FELT WITH THOSE ODDS AGAINS ME.BUT I PROMISED MYSELF, THAT I WOULD FOLLOW THIS PROGRAM AND NOT CHEAT AND I DIDNT .

THEN ONE DAY STRESS AND THE LOSS OF MY FATHER, TOOK ME OFF THE SKINNY TRAIN AND PUT ME IN A PLACE WHERE I HAD BEEN SO MANY TIMES, ALONE AND OUT OF CONTROL.

BUT MY ONE SAVING GRACE, WAS THAT I  KNEW IN MY HEART THAT LETS DO LUNCH HAD SAVED MY LIFE , JUST A FEW SHORT MONTHS AGO.

I  NOW HAVE LESS THAN 200 POUNDS TO LOSE, THAT  IS STILL ALOT OF WEIGHT, BUT THIS IS MY LIFE I AM FIGHTING FOR AND I DONT PLAN TO GET OFF  THIS SKINNY TRAIN AGAIN, UNTIL I ARRIVE AT SKINNYTOWN. YOU CAN DO THIS JEN , COME RIDE THE TRAIN WITH ME.

I PROMISE YOU , YOU WILL NOT TAKE THIS TRIP ALONE. WE ALL ARE RIDING WITH YOU. SO LETS GET SKINNY  :D  TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
jkate

Post by jkate »

Julie 409 ~ Thanks - I will appreciate all the prayers and what I just love about this site is that there is so much Christian support for all the attendants. That is just so awesome that people are hearing your needs and with God's help HE is meeting them for us if we just put our trust in HIM. You are down 55 lbs already - Wow! - I would already be at my goal weight if I had started with you! Very encouraging to stick with you guys - you are all winners! Hope you are all having a wonderful week.
]
[/url]]
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Jen,

I'm so glad you're here!

Please read these posts from all your new friends.  Read them over and over.  You will know that we all love and support you!  I regularly pray for all the "Let's Do Lunchers!"  We are all on the same train!!!

I gave this plan one month.  I guess I was very skeptical.  Tomorrow will be the finish of my 6th month!  If I can do this, so can you!!!

Please be assured that you have friends rooting for your success!!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Jen, I believe God sent you to a place of hope and encouragement.  You are going to love this plan.  Don't think of it as a diet at all.  I say it is a LIVEt, because you really can live with it and you will thrive on it.  You will be successful on this plan even if you weren't on any other.  I am 51 years old and I'm going to reach the weight I was in high school.  I have no doubts about that.  A year ago I could never have imagined being where I am now.  I even set my goal lower than I thought I'd reach.  I reached it and am continuing to lose and will see where my body will wind up. 

Life is going to start making a lot more sense to you and you are going to be so blessed.  Don't look to the past or what has been.  You are embarking on an adventure, girl!  :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Jkate,

So good to hear from you.  *hug*  Yes, the support here is wonderful and comes from a gentle helpful place. I used to stress about how much I was losing and made charts etc. But then I became calm and realized that it doesn't matter when I arrive as long as I do arrive - at good health! So stick with us and we will all be fine together.

Jen - how are you doing?  Please give us an update!

Julie :rose:
jkate

Post by jkate »

Jen ~ Post and let us know how you are doing. The support here is amazing and I finally feel that I am really going to make it too - so come back in and join us and let us know what you need.
]
[/url]]
jen101

Post by jen101 »

WOW!!!  :D It was great to get on here and have all this support. I can't tell you how much it means to read your stories and comments. I have not had time to get online and when I did  it was exactly what I needed today!! I have not weighed yet but I'm going to go to my friends and we are going to weigh together. We decided we could help each other and do that once a week. Its funny that her daughter and my daughter are close friends and they are supporting each other on the diet as well.  I loved the comment about the skinny train!! I'm got my ticket and am ready to ride....haha. I can't begin to tell you how thankfull I am to have the prayers and support from everyone. I feel when I read your stories that I can do it too. I will post today and let you know what the scales said...Jen
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Seems we have picked up alot of Newbies since the first of the year. I, and many others, came on board after Roger's visit to the 700 Club in November. Just wondering how you newbies found LDL?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

My sister heard Roger Troy on a Christian Radio Station in North Carolina.  She told my Mom and me about the LDL and here I am!  12 pounds lighter and feeling so much better.  Food tastes better to me since I don't eat all those carbs anymore :thumbsup:  I have more energy and very few cravings these days.  ;)  God bless you as you continue this program!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Donna, Keep up the smart woe; it is working 12# wow!!!  :D JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

LINDA RN
To answer you, My husdand's brother wrote us a letter at xmas time to let us know how they were doing. He told us he had found this wonderful way of eating and it wasn't a diet. He said he was minus 44 lbs. I knew it had to be true for he wouldn't lie about this. Told my husdand we had to get the book. We have tried everything I CAN THINK OF, i looked at it as my last chance to lose, because nothing else worked. I love it because I am never hungry and it is something I can do. And most of all it is not expensive. It is down to earth good food!!
Have a great day!
witheraway1
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

How wonderful that your brother-in-law shared his success with you. Word of mouth works. When you have successfully taken off a noticeable amount of weight, it is hard to argue the plan doesn't work. Most everyone here, is here as a last resort, so their friends and family know. We can turn the whole food industry around when we choose the healthy foods in mass.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wither, you are going to blossom!  Don't look back.  I remember when I first started LDL in the summer, I'd lose weight and feel that I was never going to be that weight again.  It's like this a one way journey, down, down, down.  :D  I can't quite explain it, but there was this built in confidence that I was never going back again.  It really isn't hard to lose with LDL, because I just don't crave the poison that was killing me and making me fat.  Stay away from the refined stuff.  God made our food the way we should eat it, but food companies refine everything, so that the shelf life is longer.  I remember reading a long time ago how when the food is so refined, even the bugs don't care to eat it.  They are smarter than us sometimes!  :D
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

LOL, I had heard some time ago that they had dug up hotdogs in a landfill that had been there something like 4 years and still had not rotted. Pretty much turned me off!
Linda