UPDATE ! I'm having sugar withdrawal! No grapes

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
atlantanurse

UPDATE ! I'm having sugar withdrawal! No grapes

Post by atlantanurse »

I posted here a week or so ago about having sugar withdrawal. Wow coming off the refined stuff is like coming off of a drug! I was all cranky, having trouble sleeping and lethargic. I listened to Roger though and keep eating tons of fruit and also popcorn.

Well...I am happy to report for the first time in life...  I AM NOT HUNGRY ALL THE TIME ANYMORE! This way of eating is amazing. I am so happy to have stuck it out. Thanks to Roger for writing this book and jumping on board right away to help. Thanks also to everyone who answered my post with an encouraging word. Who'd have thunk that eating all the time would make you hungry! :shocked:

I made my first smoothie tonight with all frozen fruit and a small amount of greek yogurt and stevia. It was heavenly!  *love* It was so good that I felt a little guilty drinking it. Surely something so good should be sinful.  :laughing: My blender performed poorly so I am going to Kohl's and pick up a Ninja blender.

Anyways I lost a couple of pounds already and I can't wait to see what's in store for me around the corner.

Kind Regards
Teena
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: UPDATE ! I'm having sugar withdrawal! No grapes

Post by barrypaxton »

Hi Atlantanurse,

Doesn't it feel great to have all that sugar out of your system? You'll be amazed how much more energy you will have too!!

I have the Ninja blender and just love it. You will need to make sure you get enough liquid in it or it will just come out tiny little individual pieces instead of being blended. Learned this from experience.

Good luck in your weight-loss journey and keep us posted on your progress. We're all right here with you and praying for you.

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations Teena,
I gave away a smoothie maker I bought at Sam's last year when I bought a Ninja a couple months ago. I love it. Does a great job of pureeing beans and makes great smoothies too.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Teena congratulations!  ;D  LDL rocks!!

I meant to ask you from your other thread, what is your business? 

Have a great weekend!

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by atlantanurse »

I have a little company called simply suds. I make handmade soap, lotion and other bath goodies! I sell on etsy.com.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

atlantanurse wrote:I have a little company called simply suds. I make handmade soap, lotion and other bath goodies! I sell on etsy.com.

WOO HOO!  I bet I know you from another forum!  I'm gonna pm you.  ;D

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.