willing to do anything to loose the weight

Let us pray for you!
ashley_elizabeth
New, but learning

willing to do anything to loose the weight

Post by ashley_elizabeth »

normally i am not a person to ask for prayers but with the way my weight has been escalating i am at the end of my rope here. i will be getting married in a couple years and i dont want to have a huge dress. i am so excited for this "diet" because my friends are on it too and they have told me that they have already lost some weight. I have been through so many diets and nothing has ever worked. I was even doubting this one until my friends told me that they were losing weight. unfortunately i just got laid off from my job recently and i found out i have to move out of my apartment and find a cheaper one which means i have to get rid of 2 of my kittens.  :'( so at the moment i cant really afford the book or the cards but i have been looking up recipes and doing all i can to try and lose the weight. i am so tired of being fat ashley. i have been over weight since i was in elementary school and enough is enough. any prayers and thoughts would be most appreciated. both for the weight loss and being able to find a new job quickly so i can get a new apartment.

thank you!
ashley
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: willing to do anything to loose the weight

Post by LINDA RN »

Ashley, you have come to the right place. This plan will work for you as long as you are willing to work it. Commit yourself to at least 2 weeks to hang in there through the headaches, "suga woogies" and the feeling of starvation even after you have eaten. The devil will use those cravings to tempt you to give in. You can do this. And it does get easier. The reward of clothes falling off is so worth it.
Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask you for favor for Ashley in getting her the best job and guidence for her to find the best place to live she has ever had. Amen.
Hope to hear some great success reports soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

Hi Ashley, I am also a newbie and will keep you in my prayers.  I've tried so many diets in the past, and this is my last one!  Only it isn't a diet it is a way of eating (woe).  God bless you as you look for a new job and move.  Take care.  Donnanet
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Ashley,

So sorry that you are having some difficulty now.  *hug*   But you are doing the absolute best thing in starting LDL. Being healthy will give you the confidence and strength of mind to find a great new job for yourself. Think of this as a chance to reinvent yourself.

Eating LDL can be more economical that buying other prepared foods etc.  You just have to cook recipes that call for the foods that are on sale and/or buy in bulk and freeze. It will get so much easier as you understand and absorb the LDL guidelines. Having friends on LDL will be a tremendous help as well as you can buy in bulk and split it up.

Eating LDL will give you such a positive energy and outlook that it will be noticeable to all interviewers.  :thumbsup:  I know there are quite a few people on LDL who have switched jobs or gotten promotions (me included) in a time where this is seemingly impossible.

I will pray for you and hope to hear more positive things in the near future.  :angel:

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on January 18th, 2010, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashley_elizabeth
New, but learning

thank you everyone for all the prayers and help!  :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So tell us how you are doing, Ashley. Are you having any problems with cravings. Have you been able to eat this type of food until full?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
ashley_elizabeth
New, but learning

well i am trying my best. my problem for the month is that at the beginning of the month when i did my shopping for my house i wasnt on the diet so i shopped regularly buying frozen pizzas and pork and other stuff i cant eat. well for now until the beginning of the month comes around i wont have any money to get more food that is good for me and i have run out of almost all my "good for me" food except like chicken and some canned veggies. so i havent been completely on the diet. but as soon as the 3rd rolls around when i get more money for food all im buying is stuff im allowed. i am making my fiance do the diet with me. (he doesnt have a lot of weight to lose but he still wants to lose a little bit) i told him that if he does the diet with me to the "T" then it will be easier for me to stick with it. i have such a wonderful fiance because he has to give up his hamburger helper he loves so much. haha. such a wonderful fiance.  *love* :inlove: *hug*
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

I'm so glad your fiance is willing to help you and do LDL with you. My hubby doesn't need to lose weight either, but he likes all the LDL recipes (well, he hasn't quite wrapped his head around using beans instead of mashed potatoes, so I don't try to make him go there  ;) ) But he's happy to mostly eat what I eat, and that helps a lot. He does still eat bread and some other things that I don't, but honestly, it doesn't bother me -- not at all after the first week or so of being fully on LDL. I do LOVE the fact that he is totally supportive -- you're very fortunate, too!

Don't sweat not being able to buy everything until your next shopping trip. Just do the best you can with what you have right now, plan for next month, so you can make all the delicious soups and other dishes that will fill you up and make you feel great, and you'll do fine. It took a few weeks for me to work into it and get it right, too, and I know about not being able to afford wasting food.

Honestly, your food bill will probably go down once you get your kitchen re-arranged. Even if you don't have the time to cook your own beans from dried, the canned beans are a lot less expensive than a frozen pizza!  :laughing: You CAN eat lean pork if you want to -- Roger (and some others of us) doesn't use it because of personal convictions. Just make sure all meat is the leanest you can find. By not buying prepared foods or snack foods, you'll also be able to afford the fresh fruit and veggies. My "adopted" daughter-by-another-mother is on social security disability, so her monthly budget is pretty low -- and she is doing LDL, too -- so I know it can be done.

Sooooo many of us have been where you are right now, so hang in there, and keep asking questions and coming here for support! And we'll pray that you find a really great job quickly!

Enjoy the journey
Terri