[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - THE BEST POPCORN EVER!

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE BEST POPCORN EVER!

As promised... the best popcorn to be had...
black jewel popcorn (www.blackjewel.com)
It pops white, hulless with a black center, and a slightly nutty taste.
Mmmm...
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by Anonymous on , edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: POPCORN

Hi, Cheryl. I ordered it and can't wait till it gets here.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

i tried it and for the cost i didn't think it was that good.  and even though i got the approprate kind, i thought it was greasy.  but it was the whitest popcorn i have ever seen!

You know what? I agree with Kay.  It was the coolest looking popcorn I've ever seen, but I didn't find it to be any tastier than cheap Kroger's own brand of popcorn.  It's way too expensive for my pocketbook! Other folks I know think this popcorn is definitely superior....I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Little Mary

Yum, Tress!  I think it's so fun experimenting with different herbs & spices and popcorn.  I've never tried that combination before.  Here is a message I posted back in the summer of 2004 (I told you guys I'd been on Let's Do Lunch a long time!!!) that has lots of other suggestions for popcorn seasoning.  I reckon you can never get too many different ways to eat your popcorn!  Since the time I posted it, I've now discovered the Veggie Parmesan alternative made from soy, and I use it instead of the Parmesan I used to use.  Either way, happy eating everyone!  By the way Tress, thanks so much for all of the great ideas you've been sharing with us on the boards.  Little Mary

Delicious Snack Foods
« on: July 07, 2004, 10:35:43 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are missing old favorites like flavored chips and other fattening snacks normally found in the junk food aisle of the supermarket, I have some GREAT news for you!  You can satisfy your desire for those salty flavored snacks with one of Lets Do Lunch tm's healthy foods:  Popcorn! 

Just start off with plain old-fashioned popping corn in a jar.  I like Orville Redenbacher's or Paul Newman's brand, because the corn is light and fluffy, and virtually every kernel pops.  If you have a hot-air popper, that's great.  If not, just follow the directions on the jar, using a bit of corn or olive oil in a saucepan with a lid.  When your corn is popped, spray it with a bit of olive oil spray and put it into a large ziploc baggie or a tupperware container with a lid, only 1/2 or 2/3 full.  Then add desired flavoring and shake well, to create tasty savory snack foods.  Here are some ideas:

To re-create the taste of Funyuns, sprinkle with onion salt or onion powder and salt. 

For Nacho cheese flavor, sprinkle with some chili powder and Kraft fat-free Parmesan, plus salt to taste.

For spicy flavor, sprinkle with a good Cajun seasoning such as Emeril's Essence.

For "pizza" flavor, sprinkle with dried mixed Italian herbs, onion or garlic salt, and Kraft fat-free Parmesan.

For an exotic Indian flavor, sprinkle with a bit of salt and curry powder.

For "Kettle Korn," just add a sprinkle of stevia powder or Splenda, plus salt.

The possibilities are endless! I would limit the snacks with the fat-free Parmesan to occasional use, because I think that even fat-free Parmesan product might not be completely non-fattening.  Any of the other flavors of this popcorn, though, can be eaten by the bowlful as part of our non-fattening diet on a daily basis.  Just go to your pantry and experiment with whatever seasoning you have.....it's fun and easy.  Happy munching!

Tomorrow is gonna be my first day with LDL  I am so excited! Speaking of popcorn? Can I have popped sorghum?  it is much better than popcorn, as it has a rich corn flavor and the small kernels are so tender. Please let me know if it is allowed. Thanks

Sorghum pops? Where did you get it?

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

I  also want to know.  :D  JF

I have never heard of popped sorghum either, so I googled it and read about it here:

http://www.popghum.com/?gclid=CMjlgrKhq ... swodxneb5A

Sounds interesting......hope the food police check it out for us and let us know
what they think.    :)

Kathy

Hummmmm, interesting. Looks LDL friendly, the test will be that if it is sweeter, will it incite cravings?? That will be the determining factor along with whether it will stall or increase weight.

Here is some of the info from the web site:

Sorghum is the fifth most produced cereal grain in the world behind corn, rice, wheat and barley, and before grains like oats and rye. It's related to corn, but it has fewer calories, less fat and does not contain the corn allergen zein.*

Like corn, sorghum is used to make all kinds of products, from flour for pancakes to the syrup that goes on them. People who have trouble eating corn love sorghum, as well as people with Celiac Disease,because it's gluten-free and extremely versatile.

Just like corn, sorghum pops when you heat it. Popped sorghum looks and tastes just like mini popcorn, only it’s slightly sweeter and has a better crunch. It’s high in fiber, protein and iron, and unlike popcorn, it has no hulls to stick in your gums!

* PLEASE NOTE: Popghum contains spices and ingredients from other manufacturers. While these ingredients are certified organic, we cannot currently be certain that they are safe for those allergic to corn. We are in the process of testing these items to determine if they include allergens. If they do, we will switch to ingredients that do not include such allergens. In the meantime, if you are allergic to corn, please consult your physician before eating Popghum or any product containing sorghum.

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Last edited by LINDA RN on , edited 1 time in total.

we didn't care for the black jewel, but our local meijer carries crimson jewel (it's red) and it is AWESOME!!! we love it! the black was just weird!! hubby thought it tasted musty and said it was like eating popcorn off the floor...i just didn't care for it at all... :sick:

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com

I like the Kroger brand.  For the money, it's great.  :thumbsup: JF

I'm getting the non GMO popcorn, instead of the cheaper kind from the regular grocery store.  I'm concerned about GMOs and the effects of them on humans -- or animals for that matter.  I find it tastes much better than the GMO kind and so does my husband.  He said it tasted more buttery -- without putting butter on it.  There are many types -- the last one I tasted was the kind that pops large and is used to make caramel corn.  It was really good.  I got the rainbow, the white, the medium yellow, the purple and then the one that pops large.  There are other kinds -- red and others.

The kind I got was from Amish Country Popcorn.  There are probably others who sell non GMO popcorn, though.  I think it is something to consider, if you eat a lot of popcorn.

I love the Gold Mine Popcorn I have been getting, but it is made by Jolly Time and may be GM.
Tried the Amish County. Got a set of 3 defferent kinds and really did not like them much. Very small kernels. Now the one you describe as lage kernel may be worth trying. I think they have organic popcorn in bulk from the Health Food Center. May try their's first.

Actually, this was the first one that caught my eye, when I googled non GMO popcorn and I just got it.  I didn't do a lot of searching.  I'm sure there are many other places, but I just think it is important to look into a better quality food, if you eat a lot of popcorn.  What I've read about GMOs is scary.

I agree and wish they would indicate that the canned and frozen corn is GMO if it is. Need to do more shopping at the Health Food store I guess. Thank God for LDL and the fact that we don't eat as much now. I have to be careful not to overdo the fresh produce and I have had to feed alot of it out. The one thing I cannot keep stocked is Chick Peas. It is DH's new favorite. He eats them in place of crackers....says they satisfy like crackers. Guess when cooler weather hits we need to cook the dry ones. Hope they aren't GMO.