Ninja

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Ninja

Post by crickadoodle »

I saw one of those Ninja food processors or blenders -- not sure which it is-- at Sam's the other day.  Anyway, does anyone have one and if so, how do you like it? 
Sicilian Mama

Re: Ninja

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I saw it on QVC and was wondering the same thing... (I tape every cooking show imaginable)

I have a Cuisinart turbo blender that is great... but it's no Vitamix...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I have one and I love it for making fruit smoothies.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
rodie

Post by rodie »

A friend from work just bought one from target,she loves it.She said it does onion in a snap,but she hasn't quite master doing the ice cream,thinks she did it to long,lol!it was almost soup.
You can go into the QVC site also and type it in,and see a video demo, plus read all the customer comments.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

my parents have a ninja and they love it.. My dad went to buy us one but they were out.. I make smoothies all the time and i cant wait to use the ninja..
Katie

James
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I got mine at K-Mart.....$49.95.

Ollie

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

On QVC there were a set of two bowls, and a set of two blades, for ease of making multiple items without cleaning it out each time... great for the person who makes all their own food... I'm still thinkin about getting one...
blessed

Post by blessed »

I got mine at Sam's Club and love it.  It was $49.99 has 3 bowls with the lids, (besides the blender container).  The blender and containers are sooo easy to clean.  The blades lift right out which makes cleaning a snap.  I recommend it. 
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

That's what I meant... the one On QVC has a set of two blender bowls and two blades and 4 container with lids...

I couldn't think of the names...
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I have one and thought about taking it back. When making smoothies I have to keep taking the lid off and remove the fruit from the sides of the bowl. Maybe I am doing something wrong. The first smoothie was great and after that I had problems. I have to add juice to my smoothies to make it work. But I will keep trying, I could be doing something wrong.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

This happened to me the first time I used mine. The next time I added more liquid to mine and it worked great. I use unsweetened apple juice as the liquid and sometimes I just add water.

Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I was looking for a stick blender and saw the Ninja at Wal-Mart. It was only a little more than the emersion blender and I had seen the infomercial on it. I got it and love it. Use it alot. Works great. Gave away my smoothie maker when I got it. Had same problem with smoothie maker with scraping sides. From not enough liquid. Just add a little water or broth to beans or water or juice to frozen fruit and it will work just fine.
Last edited by LINDA RN on January 27th, 2010, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
redkat

Post by redkat »

I have a Ninja.  I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond ($49.99) and used a 20% off coupon, which brought it down to $39.99.  I absolutely LOVE it.  Smoothies are great.  It think it is due to the double blade system.  You just have to make sure you have enough liquid to move the frozen stuff.  I also use it to blend soups like the Zuccini soup on the boards.  I like that it has the motor unit that just sits on top of the pitcher.  Easy clean-up, too.  If this one should break, it would rush out to get another.
Kathy
Ma Pooh

Post by Ma Pooh »

I bought a ninja over the weekend at Sam's club and I love it (so far)!  I made soup and used it to dice onions, carrots, celery, and apples. (I made a healthy version of Mulligatawny Soup) It was super fast!  I made my smoothie with it this morning and it was great!  I Didn't have to scrap down the sides like I used to with my old blender.  I think works really well for the price! :thumbsup:
ma_pooh
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wow!  Thanks for all the responses.  I'd forgotten to check back to read if anyone had answered this.  I am now making smoothies for my husband and the blender I have works, but I often have to stop it and push the fruit down and start it again.  The Ninja sounds like it would do a better job.  Thanks, Kathy, for the suggestion of B,B and B with the coupon.  I often get gift cards with my Discover bonus from BBB, so that would basically be free!  Good idea!

I knew I could trust my LDL family to give me honest and good advice on this.
rodie

Post by rodie »

I was up early morning last weekend and watched an infomercial for the ninja.They said for the same price you could get 2.I was almost thinking of getting it even though I have a vita-mix.I could give one to each dil.How nice would that be? 2 for the price of 1.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
redkat

Post by redkat »

Rhodie,

I saw that same infomercial over the weekend.  It's like 3 payments of $19.95.  And for that you get 2 complete sets (pitcher & bowl, each with it's own blades).  I think you have to pay shipping and handling on BOTH sets, don't know how much that is.  May be worth checking out. 
Kathy
scarlett859

Post by scarlett859 »

I bought one last night at Wal-Mart. Didn't know it came with the "bowl" for chopping/processing... I haven't opened it yet. The other 2 blenders I have are old hand-me-downs from mom (Redkat) and sis. They still work but they are old, smell when using (burning smell, not good), and don't do very good.
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Scarlet,
You will love the Ninja, very easy to clean.
Use it to puree your beans
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
atlantanurse

Post by atlantanurse »

I love my Ninja. So easy to clean! I packed up my blender and large and small food processors to give away. No need for them! I have heard that the vita smooth is better for smoothies but the vita blend is $400+ and the Ninja $49.99. Ill stick with my Ninja for now!  :laughing: