Back to LDL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
L8EEBug
New, but learning

Back to LDL

Post by L8EEBug »

Hi all~

I started LDL 10/07 and stayed faithfully on it until around Feb of 09.  I lost 25 lbs quickly and maintained that weight loss.  I never lost any more than that even though people kept telling me that I was getting too skinny and didn't believe me when i said I wasnt losing anymore.  I guess looking back maybe I was losing inches, just no more weight.  So, I tired of people telling me I looked too skinny....so, stupidly I started, slowly making less wise and non LDL choices.  Well that brings me to today that I have gained 30 lbs back and need all of your support to get back onto the LDL skinny train!!!  I need to recapture that Obsessive attitude I had about LDL, I would not stray to even eat a peppermint!!!  I know this will work for me I just need to pray about it and set my mind to it...and any encouragement yall can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks so much for your support!!!

Tia
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Back to LDL

Post by VickiLynn »

L8EEBug wrote:I guess looking back maybe I was losing inches, just no more weight.  So, I tired of people telling me I looked too skinny....so, stupidly I started, slowly making less wise and non LDL choices. 

Did you think you looked too skinny?  You're the only one that counts so poo on every one else  :tongue: . You know how you lost those 25 lbs before and you'll do it again!  Welcome back  *hug*
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Tia, you've already been on LDL, you were quite successful, and you know what to do--get back on the LDL skinny train.  I think VickieLynn has recently said that it's almost harder to maintain than it is to lose.  How true that is.  Glad to have you here and I'll be chatting with you soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi Tia...

I am an obsessive LDL'er too... so glad to have a sista that feels or felt the same way...

Any help and support you need... I'm here.
L8EEBug
New, but learning

Post by L8EEBug »

Thanks to all of you for your support!!!  I am looking forward to getting my weight back off and keeping it off this time.  No, I did NOT think I looked too skinny but people just KEPT saying it enough that I was worried that maybe I did!!  I will not listen to those people this time!!!  LOL.  I can already taste my air popped popcorn for dinner as we speak!!  :D  I will keep you all posted of my progress!!!

Tia
redkat

Post by redkat »

Hi Tia,

Glad to have you back.  (That is also my daughter's name, Tia).  Just how thin are those people who thought you were "too skinny"?  Could it be that they were jealous because you had lost weight and were looking good??  You know the plan, how successful it is, and all of the great foods you can eat.  Before you know it, you'll be back where you want to be.  Keep us posted on your progress.
Kathy
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Welcome back!  :rose:
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

T,

Glad to have you back.  Join us in the caboose where we drink tea and just talk, although Clown Lady has left the train for a cruise.

RB Kayaking
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Welcome back Tia!

Blessings,
Julie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Tia,

I'm back, too.  We'll do this together.  I'd like to lose 30-35 lbs. as well.  With LDL, we know it's a given!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

L8EEBug
New, but learning

Post by L8EEBug »

Today is my first "official" day back on LDL and I am so excited!!!  I am going to whole foods when I get off of work to get my supply of corn thins.  Just wanted to keep you all posted and to have you all pray for me!!  I have done great today....had two apples for breakfast, two wasa crispbreads (which I think are ok) with a slice of turkey and hummus and FF cheese melted on top for lunch and for dinner I will have some popcorn and probably corn thins with the hummus, green pepper recipe I saw posted on the boards.  I have had people tell me the same "diet" will not work twice, but I am completely IGNORING them, because I KNOW that it will work and I am so READY to get this weight off and more importantly lose my sugar and chocolate cravings!!! 

Great to back.....!!!

Tia :kissed:
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Lee8bug,

Welcome back.  Just one question?  Did you eat enough for lunch? 

It doesn't read as if you did.  Were you full?  Just concerned.

RB Kayaking
L8EEBug
New, but learning

Post by L8EEBug »

I am not sure that I did eat enough for lunch but that was the only acceptable LDL food I had at the office with me.  I wasnt hungry, but I agree, I should have eaten more.  Thanks so much!!!
dncwc

Post by dncwc »

I feel your pain. I started May 25th thru about Cct. 15, lost 27 lbs and because of illness got off and gained back 7. I am also having trouble getting back on board. Sweets are my hard thing. Appreciate everyones comments and encouragement. And I never was able to get a picture to post!!
Debra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmHigpF/]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Tia, welcome back!

You do know the way and it will all come back. In fact I think you will realize just how much you have missed all this good eating and lack of cravings.
I agree with RedKat. I think lots of people, with out really being aware of it, sabatoge other people that are able to do what they themselves are unable to do. Your new skinny self was a reminder that if you could do it so could they and some people have a hard time facing themselves when they just really don't have to want to to do what they need to do for their health.
Enough said.
Welcome to the train to Skinnytown. Don't listen to all those people who want to discourage you.Woohooo you will make it.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Debra,

27 lbs lost in less than 5 months is great!!  7 lbs gained back Octrober is not the end of LDL -- happy you found us again!  As you know fruit is the food of choice to get rid of sweet cravings so start eating as much as you possibly can.  If need be, not only for breakfast and dinner/supper but any time you get that craving for something sweet.  You know LDL works so that 7 lbs should be gone in no time  *hug*

Vicki
L8EEBug
New, but learning

Post by L8EEBug »

Debra,

Sweets are my thing too!!  But I am VERY happy to report that after a week of strictly following LDL and eating PLENTY of fresh fruit, that sweet tooth seems to be under control!!!  I actually made cookies for my daughter's Valentine's Day Party and school, even put every SWEET thing all the parents brought in on EVERY plate and never ONCE was I tempted!!!  I haven't lost any weight yet....but I am definitely getting smaller, I can tell in my clothes ALREADY!!!! :thumbsup:  I am so excited and so grateful to GOD for getting me back on track and of course to all my fellow LDLer's for their support!!!  Keep praying for me and I am so excited to have regained CONTROL of what I put into my body instead of just unconsciously stuffing my face with whatever I can find!!!!

Have a great week!!!

Tia
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Tia  *hug*

Sounds like you are back with a vengeance!  Good for you! As for those fa ca ca people who said you were too thin --- well I  just say  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Only you know how you feel and what is the right weight for you. The one thing I have found out on LDL is that our bodies will take us where it wants to go as long as we keep following the plan. There are those that thought they were done - at goal - and continued to lose inches. When their body was done, it just stopped. Now that's a miracle. SO just focus on staying on plan and let your body make the decisions.  You will continue to do great!

Hi Debra, when you have cravings of any kind - you should eat the LDL foods that will conquer the craving. For you, it is sweets so choose the sweetest fruits you can find and enjoy. For me, when I have kicked up some cravings, I do LDL like I did it in the beginning until the cravings go away. IT works every time. You are doing fantastic so just keep to the LDL list!

Julie :rose: