Suggestions please !!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

Suggestions please !!!!

Post by cmruleman »

:shock: :'(

Hello. I am new to LDL. I started a few days ago after a dear friend told me about LDL. I am waiting on my book to arrive and looking forward to it.

I was wondering if any of you exercise as well. Are you losing without exercise? Losing more with exercise? I am curious. I started wogging (walking/jogging) a week ago. I am also doing some P90X workouts as well. I want to get fit as well as lose weight. I am 32 yrs old, 5'1, and was 191...now 187.5 I have been doing LDL for 3 days now. I have fruits all cut and frozen to make things easier for me. I LOVE fruit so LDL is like heaven for me.

So...dinner is fruit smoothie/fruits as well? I would love any suggestions you having for losing maximum lbs each week. Baked goods are my downfall so I am trying to avoid being near them. I need to lose 50 more lbs minimum. I have been carrying this extra weight since delivery of my first child who is 9 1/2 yrs old now. I HAVE to change my life NOW!!!! thanks
Last edited by cmruleman on February 16th, 2010, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonz2day

Re: Suggestions

Post by tonz2day »

Cmruleman,
I'm just here to say welcome!  I'm really proud of you that you are doing something about your weight why you are still young, that's awsome!  I'll let other, wiser members to answer your question. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
cmruleman
New, but learning

Re: Suggestions please !!!!

Post by cmruleman »

Thank you tonz!!! I feel welcome now.  ;D
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi CM.

Welcome to LDL! You are already doing great, and it will just get better as you read through your book and get into the program. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, so you learn to make better and better choices as you go along. You'll have great success! I love the fruit, too -- it was one of the main things that convinced me to give the program a try.

You CAN lose the weight without exercise. You will lose it faster WITH exercise, and you'll be more toned. I haven't yet managed to fit regular exercise into my schedule, but so far I've lost 40 pounds, and it has gone from the places I really wanted it to be gone from! I know if I can find the time to exercise on a regular basis, the weight would go a little faster, but I can only do what I can do. I have found, even without an exercise program, I still have more stamina, so if I need to hike up a hill, I can do it without huffing and puffing. Must be all the fiber in the beans, fruits & veggies makes the arteries cleaner and organs healthier.

You'll love it here, so enjoy the journey!
Terri
cmruleman
New, but learning

Post by cmruleman »

I found that I have more energy in the mornings than what I had previously. I was watching calories before and taking in a lot of protein. The fruit really boosts my energy level to get through my workouts. The only downside is fruit can be quite expensive. I have decided to plant some strawberries here in the near future. I may also do some watermelon and canteloupe as well. This will help my grocery bill tremendously being these are my favorite fruits.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi cm and welcome!

I think you are on the right track to good health. :thumbsup: I see that you had your child at a young age; so did I.  It is very smart of you to take control of your body and your health now. I wish I had LDL when I was 32 - then it would have been easier for me to maintain a healthy weight instead of having a lifetime of yo yo ing up and down the scale.

I do exercise almost every day; I always have. I am more gung ho at some times than at others but if I do not exercise, I just keep gaining weight. I sit at a desk all day and so the exercise is imperative for me. Aside from the weight loss, exercise will build muscle and step up your metabolism - all good. It will also oxygenate your blood - real good for maximum health. If you could do the wogging almost daily and some sort of weight training a few times a week - that would be optimum (Of course, check with your doctor first!).  Doing P90x is fabulous! Muscle confusion will really keep the results coming. I used to do Power 90 and was in the best shape ever at that time. You may also wish to check out the benefits of Rebounding - it's really great for your internal systems.  ;)

As for LDL, if you wish to maximize results, you could try doing LDL Pure. There were a bunch of us on a thread doing that for a while. It really does give the best results. It is fruit only for BF and Dinner and the main meal at lunch with protein, soups, veggies, beans and that's it. I would also offer that corn/corn thins/popcorn will slow you down and bananas may do as well. It is your decision about how hard core you wish to do. IF you keep track of what you eat every day, you will be able to see which combination of foods will lead you to faster weight loss. Finally, some of us are doing the Soup/Fruit flush on Mondays. Some others do it more than once a week. Again it is your decision. But please do LDL in a way you can live with. I am making this a plan for life and learning about what my body likes every day.  :cool:

I hope some of this was helpful! I really appreciate your attitude but please make it a long term effort. I know you will do great!

Julie :rose:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I have lost 65 lbs and haven't exercised... per se...not on a ritualized routine anyway...
but I do try to park really, really far from the stores when shopping, and don't sit around my house during the day... I try to always stay busy...

I am, though, starting to do some FitTV stuff in the mornings... and my energy level has tripled!

I do LDL Pure...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I exercised as I lost my weight.  I recently read one reason why it really helps to exercise and that is that your body produces a hormone called leptin which causes you to feel satiated when you eat.  It reduces hunger and that is really more important than the calories you burn from the exercise.  The calories you burn are very minimal actually, but the calories you never eat because you feel full faster is really important.  So, go ahead and exercise and increase that leptin!  :thumbsup:  You will also build muscle (well with strength training and weight bearing exercises -- not cardio so much, you can actually lose muscle with cardio only) and muscle even at rest burns more calories than fat at rest. 

You don't have to exercise to lose weight with LDL, but you lose optimally with a combination of both.

I personally decided to follow the route of eating just fruit for breakfast and dinner (no smoothies, since they are somewhat processed and your body needs to do more work to break down fresh fruit than it does to break down a smoothie) and a big lunch of complete lean protein, veggies, and bean soup.  When I was following this with no corn -- popped or just plain cooked corn -- I lost between 2 and 3 lbs. a week.  I never plateaued when doing this and walking about an hour or so a day.  I also did our Total Gym to build muscle. 

Now, I'm just telling you what worked best for me.  This was my experience.  Others say they lose with eating lots of popcorn.  I want to encourage you to see what works best for you.  Weighing myself often worked for me, because I used that information to determine whether something I was eating caused me to gain or not.  That's how I realized the popcorn didn't work for me.  Again, everyone is different.  Some people feel that weighing often causes them to stress too much over the number they see.  I didn't feel that way, so I continued to weigh myself.  Find out what works for you and stick to that.  You can have great success with LDL.  I truly experienced consistent weight loss without plateauing, as long as I stayed true to what I found worked for me.  I only plateaued when I got away from that -- that usually meant eating popcorn or maybe switching lunch and dinner a couple of times in a week. 

I love LDL and have found what works for me.  I can stay thin and maintain this weight for life.  It took me 5 months to lose the 40 lbs. I wanted to lose in the beginning.  Since then, I've lost 8 more lbs.  That came off slower, partly because I don't have much at all to lose and partly because I'm not as focused to stay away from popcorn.  My husband likes it for supper and the smell tempts me to have it too.  :wrong:  I decided this week I need to reach where I'm going to settle, so I can get my clothes altered just once.  My hubby bought me some nice clothes for Christmas and now they are too big, but I think my body will settle about 5-7 lbs. lower than I am now.  I have to stick to just fruit for breakfast and dinner with my big lunch for a month or two to see what happens.  I think I'd probably get down to the lower 120s and then I could easily maintain that weight.  That's when I want to spend the money to alter the clothes.  It only makes sense. 

Congratulations for finding this great way of eating and losing and still living!  :thumbsup:  Can't wait to follow your success!