How much in how long???

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

How much in how long???

Post by cmruleman »

I am curious to know how much YOU LOST and HOW LONG it took you lose it? What's your story? I find this encouraging to me to see how well others are doing.  :thumbsup:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: How much in how long???

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Hello cm  I have been on the program since Nov 5th and I have alot to lose so it is coming off fast and I hope continues like this for a long time to come.  I have lost 48 lbs as of 2 days ago and have passed my 1st goal I had set.  I  have 25 lbs to go before I reach my  2nd goal and expect to reach it before to long. 
There are alot of wonderful success stories on these pages.  Not only from weight loss but also better health and bodies healed and not having to take all the meds anymore.
Do you have a little or alot of weight to lose?  I see you are new so welcome and I know you will do well and love this new way of eating.
cmruleman
New, but learning

Post by cmruleman »

Wow...you are doing really well. Congrats!! Thank you for your response as well.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I started in June and have eliminated three dress sizes--starting with tight 16s and shouldn't have been seen in public wearing and now am a 10 and trying on 8's just for fun!  I'm 5'5" and 55.

I don't step on a scale--dust bunnies play with my scale far far under my bed.  Trying clothes on the next size down is way more fun than beating myself up because I didn't lose anything.

RB Kayaking
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I started in May and in two months (July) I dropped 28 lbs.Then I dropped another 10 lbs. by November. I maintained that through 2 vacations and the holidays. :thumbsup: I'm back on LDL to drop another 23 lbs. to goal.

LDL is the only way to lose in a fun and nutritious way!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I started July 14, 2009 and by Christmas I was down 65 lbs...

Have hit a 2 month plateau... but am not sweating it... it is what it is...

I'm uber strict on my personal eating plan, and have really gotten into eating whole, non processed, nothing in a box or tub, nothing "white" or fake "yellow", all organic and grass fed food...
No gluten, no dairy, no potatoes or rice or pork... personal choices...

It has changed my whole families lives for the better.

I like what RB Kayaking is doing, and will start doing that from now on... The scale can make or break a person... I am so much more than a number...  :)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, while I was focused by eating fresh fruit only for breakfast and supper and then my big lunch of lean meat, veggies, and beans (with walking 1 hour most days and 2-3 times a week of Total Gym) it took me 5 months to lose my original goal of 40 lbs.  It took 2 more months to lose 8 more lbs.  I added some popcorn and the holidays were in there with a little off plan eating and some restaurant eating, flipping lunch and dinner.  I want to see what will happen with eating like originally, since I'm so close to my ideal weight.  I could definitely live with my weight where it is now, as I never dreamed of being here again.  I think, I might as well let my body tell me where to stop, though, since this weight and my ideal weight will be equally as easy to maintain.  This way of eating really works.  You are going to be successful -- more successful than you can imagine.
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Thanks for posting this question cmruleman!

It is nice to see this wonderful quick snapshot of crickadoodle, sicilian mama, sweet rose, rbkayaking, and wendysgoodnews all in one place!  You all are such an inspiration.

cmruleman,

If you are wondering if it takes long to see results, it doesn't.  I restarted LDL 36 days ago and have already lost 17 lbs, but I only weighed on day 30.  I still have a considerable amount more to lose, but know that I am feeling better and in control of what I am eating.

--Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

cm, I started  LDL in mid October. I have lost 35 lbs and gone down 2 jean sizes.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Jill, your reply was very inspiring! I love it when you said that you RESTARTED (that's what I'm doing now after maintaining my weight loss for the last few months) and already you're down 17 lbs, after only 36 days!  That is fantastic! You are an inspiration to me!! :kissed:

I'm so proud of you all!

SweetRose
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I started in Oct 09 and am down from a size 10 to a size 6, and have lost around 15 lbs now.  I am thrilled!  I am well below my expectations,, not sure if I will go down anymore or stay here.  I am 5'8" so I don't want to look too thin... but truly enjoying every bite of food from all the recipes.  I am a believer!  Stick with it, it WORKS wonders...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi!  I started on July 6, 2009.  Here's my story:

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Wow, you guys are doing so great!

Mary J , your posts are always so encouraging to me!  :kissed: I know you look and feel fantastic~ I can't wait to get to the point where I think I have to watch that I don't get too skinny! :laughing:

And MusicManiac you are awesome! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by SweetRose on February 18th, 2010, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Thank you Sweet Rose,,, I am just in awe of this WOE... I have finally found the perfect eating for life program, and I also have the perfect exercise for me... my pilates reformer.. It can't get any better than that,,, what else could I want to have the body I have now achieved.  And to be HEALTHY!  I love to read all the other responses when there is a new person aboard, and they weigh for the first time?  LOL  They just can't believe their eyes! 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I started May 25, 2009 and as of the end of January I had lost 47 pounds.  I'm on vacation until mid-March so will update you then.  I have not wavered from the program except a couple of days I have eaten small portions of protein twice.  I'm a slower loser than some, but I'm not complaining :)!  As I've said several times, I am on this plan for the rest of my life.  Whenever I reach goal, I reach goal and will stay on LDL for the rest of my life.  Best wishes for a fun and successful journey!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

I started Sept 8 Th, 2009 and as of Feb 8 Th I had lost 40 pounds.  But best of all I feel better then I have in years.  I am now wanting to get healthy as well as lose another 100 lbs, and I know eating this way I will get there, so I am not going to rush it, I will sit back and enjoy the ride to skinny town.  I just love this way of eating.....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Pam, you are losing at just the right pace for you.  In fact, compared to how we all used to lose (only to gain back and then some) you are way ahead of the game!  This weight that you have "eliminated!" is gone forever.  :thumbsup:  :D
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Keep up the good work Deborah D. You are doing great!

SweetRose
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Sicilian Mama wrote:I started July 14, 2009 and by Christmas I was down 65 lbs...

I like what RB Kayaking is doing, and will start doing that from now on... The scale can make or break a person... I am so much more than a number...   :)

YES YES YES!!!!!!  You brought happy tears to my eyes this morning hon!!!  YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!  ;D 

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jen101 »

I started in January and I'm down 13lbs. I travel a lot with work so I have had to switch lunch and dinners some. Also, you don't always get the choices you want when you have to eat out. Granted I feel like this is becoming a life style for me and I know that if I keep at it I will reach my goals. LDL is the first diet that I honestly can say I can see my self doing forever. My husband is seeing my results and is trying to make better choices and is willing to eat more like me all the time. I feel like I have found a miracle for me and want to share it with everyone!!