dinner ?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
haneyclan
New, but learning

dinner ?

Post by haneyclan »

Just starting Let's do lunch and am confused about dinner.  Can I eat corn & beans for dinner or are those considered proteins and only eaten for lunch?

Thanks,

Susie
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: dinner ?

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome to LDL you will just love this wonderful way of eatingl
You can eat beans and corn for dinner.  The only think discouraged at night time is meat protein.  I make alot of my soups and leave the meat out so I can eat them when ever.  I have the meat cooked and ready to add to my lunch meals.  Your main heavy meal is at lunch time so make sure and eat a very large meal so you are nice and full.  Alot of times at night I am still so full I only eat a small meal.
haneyclan
New, but learning

Post by haneyclan »

Thanks Wendy,

I am a low carber - lost 14 pounds since Jan. 5th.  Gonna try LDL for my husband's sake, he's not doing too well on the low carb.  I am just use to knowing I can have meat, cheese and veggies - only, but whenever I want.

Very excited to start this!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

haneyclan,

Please remember that cheese is an occasional item on the LDL program. And it needs to be fat free or the lowest fat as possible that you can find when you do use it.

If you do the pure LDL program (fruit for breakfast and dinner only) and make lunch your main meal, you'll realize how unhealthy a low carb diet is to lose weight. A low carb diet is extremely acidic forming and causes a lot of diseases.  There was a major increase of colon cancer after Dr. Atkins promoted his diet. Plus, you'll feel great and have more energy then you'll know what to do with after being on this program after a month or two...or even sooner.

CQ
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

haneyclan, I've done low carb before too.  And when I went back to regular eating gained all the weight back and more. 

Since doing LDL, I feel so great.  I don't even miss the foods that I used to crave.  It's amazing how great you can feel and be on a "diet."  Let me rephrase this, it's not a diet, but a way of lifefor me.  It's something I can see doing forever.  Every other diet was ok, how long can I hang in.  It really is a wonderful program.  I was not into veggies or beans or any of that before this program but since starting LDL I have chosen to try some of these things and find out I really like them.  Especially roasted veggies of almost any kind (actually all the ones I've tasted so far).  And, the recipes on here are really wonderful too.
Debbie B
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

haneyclan wrote:Gonna try LDL for my husband's sake, he's not doing too well on the low carb.

I started LDL because my husband had some health issues.  He has lost a considerable amount of weight and his health issues are under control without medication  :thumbsup:  He loves the fact that he can eat as much as he wants (we eat our big meal at lunch time), until he is full/stuffed, and believe me he can eat a lot!!  He loves all of the LDL meals I make and doesn't miss the bread, pasta, or potatoes that we used to have at almost every meal pre-LDL.  That said, your husband will be thanking you for finding room for LDL in your lives *hug*
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

jaydensmommy,

When did you start the LDL woe?  You have an awesome weight loss so far.  Keep up the great work!  I love this new way of eating.  My husband and I already eat lots of fruits and veggies, and don't eat a lot of meat, mostly chicken, fish, and a little beef and pork a couple times a month.  And we rarely eat rice, pasta, potatoes (except sweet potatoes, those I'll miss), or bread, maybe 3 or 4 times a month.  He will eat one slice of whole grain sprouted barley bread in the mornings, but rarely any white bread.  I've never craved complex carbs much (my body doesn't digest them well), so I'm not sure how much beans I'll be able to eat and still lose, but I'll give it my best shot.

Blessings,
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

haneyclan
New, but learning

Post by haneyclan »

Officially starting the LDL today.  So far I have had a fruit smoothie for breakfast with some grapes on the side.  For lunch I had a chicken breast with spinache, mushrooms and water chestnuts and a side of corn.  Very filling.  Now my questions, if I get hungry for dinner, can I have a salad with no meat?

I have read the book but I am still learning.

Thanks for all your help.
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

haneyclan,

You can have a salad without meat for your dinner!  ;)

Remember though, that when you are just starting out on LDL,
you can eat any approved LDL food anytime you need it....
at meals and between meals.

Eat 'til full each time.

THEN, when you have all your cravings for non-LDL foods
conquered......you eat LDL foods until you are full,
but only at your 3 meals.  You should be so full from these
meals that you don't need to "snack" in between.

Even then, if you do get hungry between meals, eat the least
amount of food you need to stop your hunger.  (LDL approved of course
...fruit, veggies, soup, beans etc....)

BTW  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch......you are gonna love it!

Kathy
bludaffodil
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Leisuregranny,

I started LDL on January 11th.  My dad told me about LDL just before thanksgiving and I bought the book but I didnt start until January.  My dad has lost 40 pounds so far since December.  My sister is also on it.  With the beans, try it and see how you do with it, maybe add a little at a time and see how you respond.
Debbie B
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Jaydens mom,

What a wonderful father you have to give you information about LDL.  Your weight loss just since January is really noteworthy  :thumbsup: and I hope both you and your dad are enjoying your journey to skinnytown lol
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Jaydensmommy,

That is so awesome.  You should be very proud of yourself.  And I'm sure your dad is too.  Congratulations.

Blessings,
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

haneyclan
New, but learning

Post by haneyclan »

So I'm not sure if I messed up,  tonight we had Northern Beans and corn for dinner with sliced onions?  Is that acceptable?
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

Definitely acceptable!  :)

Kathy
haneyclan
New, but learning

Post by haneyclan »

Are canned turnip greens acceptable?
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

haneyclan,

As long as there was no added sugar in the turnip greens they're acceptable. I love them but all the brands I've seen have sugar.

CQ
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

As long as no sugar has been added (which I wouldn't
think there is in turnip greens, but you never know, so
always check.)

I try to buy canned veggies that only have the vegetable
plus water and salt.

Kathy