Newbie Here

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
debrawallin

Newbie Here

Post by debrawallin »

I'm cleaning out my cupboards today and then off to the store.  I told a friend about it and she has already started and loves LDL.  I do have one question though.  I can't eat big portions in one sitting and I noticed in the book it said to only eat 3 meals a day.  Should I need something in between, should I stick with fruit.  Thanks.
debrawallin

Re: Newbie Here

Post by debrawallin »

Thanks Mary.  Yes I have read the book and ordered the recipe cards.  I'm reading the boards in my spare time.  Looking forward to this journey with everyone.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Debra- Welcome to LDL.  You have a great start.  It is such a help to organize your pantry and start collecting all the basics and discarding the unhealthy foods.  As you adjust into this WOE, you will find what quantities of foods keep you satisfied until the next mealtime.  You will probably find that over time, you will need less food.  If you need a fruit or vegetable snack on occasion, you will still do just fine.  Many of us have experienced the miracle of food becoming less a focus in our life.  This is the best tasting, most effective, and simple way to discard all the weight you want.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Debra,

For me, my bad eating habits had my blood sugar in a tizzy, I had developed a bad habit of feeling hungry every 2-3 hours. I still have not quite figured it out but it seemed as if I could go until well after noon without hunger if I ate nothing in the morning, just my coffee. But as soon as I ate anything the hunger would hit every 2-3 hours until I went to sleep. With the schedule I keep, I seem to rarely be prepared with enough food at breakfast or lunch to eat until full. Soooo, everytime I felt hungry, I had fresh fruit handy, apples, grapefruit, pears, nectarines. It is the best I can do right now but it is working. It is going to snow and pretend it is still winter here in SW Oklahoma tomorrow so will be cooking up a bunch of bean soups and stir fry's. Hopefully this week at work will go better as far as eating. Just eat LDL foods when you are hungy and soon your body will adapt. Feeling healthy and not needing medications or trips to the doctor to make sure you aren't "coming down" with something else because you have a new ache or pain is sooooo worth it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

LINDA RN wrote:Welcome Debra,

For me, my bad eating habits had my blood sugar in a tizzy, I had developed a bad habit of feeling hungry every 2-3 hours. I still have not quite figured it out but it seemed as if I could go until well after noon without hunger if I ate nothing in the morning, just my coffee. But as soon as I ate anything the hunger would hit every 2-3 hours until I went to sleep. With the schedule I keep, I seem to rarely be prepared with enough food at breakfast or lunch to eat until full. Soooo, everytime I felt hungry, I had fresh fruit handy, apples, grapefruit, pears, nectarines. It is the best I can do right now but it is working. It is going to snow and pretend it is still winter here in SW Oklahoma tomorrow so will be cooking up a bunch of bean soups and stir fry's. Hopefully this week at work will go better as far as eating. Just eat LDL foods when you are hungy and soon your body will adapt. Feeling healthy and not needing medications or trips to the doctor to make sure you aren't "coming down" with something else because you have a new ache or pain is sooooo worth it.

Linda:  Dr Oz had a great portion of his program today about skipping breakfast etc and even lunch the hormone grehlin could be why you are feeling famished and how to avoid it.. Quite interesting

http://www.doctoroz.com/
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks LuLu,
Been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I have not been able to get the video on that link. Says it is not available so am doing a Bing search on Ghrelin. I am guessing that seritonin blocks it and perhaps that was why I did so well on FenFen. I was able to pull up an article on it. I am not so hopeless as the article I read would lead you to think. With God all things are possible. I will continue this healthy woe and re-train my body. If the weight doesn't start dropping, I may do as it said and just eat one meal a day. That was the only way I was able to loose and maintain. I certainly will not go "under the knife" as my daughter did. That took care of the hormone issure for her but she is having all the other health issues associated with only having 5% of her stomach. God has the answer and I believe Roger heard from the Lord because that was how He had been leading us before we ever heard about this program. We had been listening to Jordan Rubin about a whole food diet. The whole foods as God intended healed Jordan and I believe it was the inspiration for Roger also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

When you open the link choose on left hand side "why you are over eating" that should bring up the video for you..
I am doing ok.. have other health issues that have arisen again.. something on my lung this time.. and my surgeon definitely wants me on bran in the morning .. for other health issues I have...so I don't post much as i do not wish to be told this is not LDL approved etc or confuse newbies but I think cutting out processed food in our diets is the huge factor here...
re the video:
Also if you skip meals when you eat one reaction is that you are still famished so message from this video is really do not skip meals...
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on Board
I eat fat free refried beans on corn thins most mornings along with my fruit.  That seems to get me thru until lunch.  In fact I eat beans of some sort two and sometmes three times a day.  There are so many ways to fix them.  Just keep reading the book.  I read mine every 2-3 weeks to keep refreshed and motivated
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Wuji
New, but learning

Post by Wuji »

Thanks again Sweetie..... without you I would have never found this wonderful place!  Wuji