LITTLE MARY'S TAMALE PIE!

Great filling main dish recipes!
niki

Re: LITTLE MARY'S TAMALE PIE!

Post by niki »

hey mary....i just wanted you to know the picture i had of you......you were 4'8" tall and i had thought you had written that you were like a size 3 so at 4'8" that would make you weigh in at about 95 pounds.....only after you wrote that you're 5'6" did i look for an old post of yours saying you were a size 8.........i went away for the weekend(to pennsylvania with members of my church and saw "Behold the Lamb" at sight & sound...it was awesome)and went off ldl....it was so funny because i waited 2 weeks to go off and on any other way of eating, i would have gone off sooner in anticipation of having to go off....i didn't waste calories on anything but my most favorite things and shocked myself that i went right back on ldl on monday....this is the first time that going off didn't lead to a BIG binge......i feel pretty good about that...........oh..and you know what i've been putting on my popcorn?....my daily dose of flaxseed oil....it's an odd taste..but i've gotten used to it and i like it now....my daughter walked into the kitchen while i was eating it and when she saw the bright yellow color,thought it was butter and took the popcorn that was the yellowest...she thought it was horrible...but,i read that you can't heat it and that you could put it on your salad..that's what made me try it on my popcorn.....but,i take noni juice twice a day(unsweetened without any other fruit juices)so really ANYTHING tastes good compared to that................................niki         
niki

Post by niki »

i started taking vitamins again and spoke to a friend of mine who's very knowledgable who told me that it's better to take flaxseed oil in the liquid form than in the capsule form...so it's just a way of taking the flaxseed oil without drinking it(which i think would be worse)..you can't cook with it...i read online that you can put it on your salad as the oil...so that's what made me think of putting it on my popcorn..and if i eat popcorn twice in a day,i eat the second batch with "i can't believe it's not butter" spray....
  wow,mary,i can't believe you're so tiny.....you are,if you're 5'6'' and can wear a size 2...did you ever post that?....because maybe i did read it about you and that contributed to my thinking that you were also very short.....you must absolutely love it...you can wear ANYTHING.......
  this way of eating is just so great.....it surprises me when i speak to people that read the book but don't go right on the diet.....they're put off by not being able to eat those unhealthy carbs....AND,i tell them that noone loved those carbs more than i did....but,eating this way completely takes away the cravings...now,i'm going to go downstairs and eat fresh pineapple and maybe some frozen grapes(i finally bought bananas but they're not ripe enough yet)and i can't wait....i won't tell you WHAT i used to eat for breakfast....i'll never eat any other way than this....people that know about this diet and wait months to go on it(or years)will regret the wasted time they could've been on ldl.............have a good day everyone.....................niki
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

I just wanted to say 'thank you' for this recipe!  It is a definate 'keeper' in our house.

If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!  It is really good.  One note though, if you use dried beans, be sure to add EXTRA salt.  :)

Michele
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

I've decided to make this recipe this weekend.  It looks like something everyone is going to enjoy.  Thanks!

lisbeth
julesy
New, but learning

Post by julesy »

Yummo!  Made this yesterday and it was great!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Our homecoming is at church next week.  I am going to make the Tamale pie and a large bowl of fruit for my two dishes.  I'll probably make the Tamale pie for us this week.  It sounds so good.  Your ideas for meals are so good.  Forever Friend.
hcd13
New, but learning

Post by hcd13 »

Hi Mary,
I shocked my husband today by making your Tamale Pie.  I don't eat "Mexican food" very much because my stomach doesn't like the spiciness.  He loved it and ...so did I!!!  I'm not crazy about black olives, but I didn't even taste them.  I will definitely make this more often.  I am also thrilled that there is no cilantro in it. :sick:    Tomorrow I am fixing your Shepard's Pie.  I can't wait!  It is one of my favorites!!!  :thumbsup:

Pamela
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

I tried this recipe for the first time last night - it was very, very good.  I'll be making it again.  Thanks Mary!  Your recipes are amazing!  :drool:

Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

This is one of the best meals ever!  I make it almost every week.  I haven't been on the boards much the past year but I still come in to look at the recipes. 
lisbeth
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Totally agree with you Roger. LOVE LOVE LOVE Little Mary's Beef Potato Pie.  :drool:
                                                                    Charlotte
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:For all of you who love this recipe, please try Little Mary's Beef Potato Pie...you will LOVE IT!

God bless,

RT

Thank you, I will try it.
lisbeth