THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Clown Lady
Master Member

THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by Clown Lady »

The Loose Caboose is losse.  
Sneaky Snoopy and I pinkie promised to get back on track and I decided to continue to serve tea in the caboose but there will be a problem when I get to goal as I am going set the caboose loose.  Snoopy look out your Mom is on a mission and I plan to leave you in the dust
Clown Lady  the new and motivated CL

READ DOWN IN THE THREAD AND SEE THE CHALLENGE AND THE RULES.  IT IS GOING TO BE FUN
Last edited by Clown Lady on April 7th, 2010, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by barrypaxton »

CL, YOU GIRL!!!

Happy Easter!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Clownlady, the way to go!!! That caboose wants loose.  *hug* *hug* JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Donna, you can do it!  Get out of that ole caboose.  Your weight loss will increase if you take steps to increase your metabolism.  While reseaching for my class I saw a direct correlation between muscle loss as we age and a decrease in metabolism as we age.  Think about it -- men have more muscle mass than women and always tend to lose more quickly than women when following the same way of eating.  You are never too old to build muscle.  I have begun doing this and I can tell that it has made a big difference in how I lose and how I can maintain.  I'm having absolutely no trouble maintaining, even when I occasionally eat off plan.  Make sure you get enough sleep, take steps to reduce stress and do weight bearing exercises with free weights or machines to build muscle -- weight loss will increase.

I lost best when I ate only fruit for breakfast and dinner with my big lunch of lean meat, beans and veggies.  I'm telling you, I lost 2-3 lbs. a week when I ate this way and took my morning walk and did weight bearing exercises 2-3 times a week.  I have a Total Gym and now I add free weights to that.  Also, I found in my research that when you exercise in the morning before you eat breakfast, you burn more calories all day long.  It's like stoking the fire.  I take my walk before I eat breakfast.  I like to eat before my weight bearing exercise, though.  Oh, and cardio exercises increase your metabolism for the day, but weight bearing exercises increase your metabolism over the long term.  I think both are important, though.

OK, you and Snoopy need to do a whole new race.  Ready, set, Goooooooooo!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

So Donna, I better get on the ball, I don't want to be in a run away car! What's the goal how much weight do we need to shed before you turn the caboose loose? What ever count me on my way out!....Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations on your renewed commitment, Donna!  I wish I could have been in SA to meet you and all the others.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Pam, wish you'd have been there too!  So many people I wish could have made it.  Maybe we'll all be there next year.  I don't know about it myself, yet, but hopefully.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

As for the caboose to be turned loose I would like to be in onederland.  I am back on program.  Let me tell everyone it feels great to be eating right again.  We must not let the everyday stress interfer with what we do with ourselves and I did that.  SA did a great deal from to get back on track.  Every one here at LDL are so supportive.  I love everyone of you.  I think I will paint my caboose bright PINK then you can see it disappear in the dust.
Clown Lady
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

CHALLENGE, CHALLENGE, CHALLENGE !!!!
You know I cant turn down a good challenge.  I think we need some guide lines and open it up to anyone who wants to going the Support, Fun, and Weight loss Challenge. 

Finish line is Key West.  Number of weeks unknown.

Scoring Weight loss for the week.  If you loose you get a point.  If you maintain or gain you get NO POINTS.  You only get a point for new weight loss.  *scyth* No gaining and losing same weight.

How to register:  Post that you want to join the Loose My Caboose Race.  tell me your starting weight and the day of the week that you want to weigh your self. 
NO Fees Just Fun and a Skinner Self. 

Start Date will the Week of April 11, 2010.

Let me know if this works for you Miss Clown Lady. 

I hope we have more racer this race.  LDL 2ND Race, Don't be left out! 
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

How fun!  I am certainly up to this challenge of the LOOSE CABOOSE RACE with you all.
I will weight first thing in the morning every Monday.  I am starting out at 309, when that 9 lbs is gone I will be at my second goal.  Then my third goal will be 50 lbs down to 250.  I'm excited, I love a challenge!
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Wendy - How Exciting!  This will be fun.  I weigh on Monday too.  So on Monday Let me know your start weight.  ;D

There is going to be some competition going on here.  Watch out Clown Lady.  The racers are signing up.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

CLOWN LADY IS UP TO THE CHALLENGE.
Saturday I will be posting my first weigh in.
Everyone join in
CL
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

CL - You are all signed up.  We are at 3 racers.  :tongue:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sign me up too, Snoopy.  Since I only weigh the first day of every month it will be difficult to calculate the points.  Maybe, just for the purposes of this challenge, Roger Troy will relax the rules a little bit, as long as we don't start obsessing over every little peak and valley??  

Are you going to keep the score?

I will let you know my starting weight on April 11.  Since that is a Sunday, I guess I will be weighing on Sunday.

I love a challenge!  

Here you go, Clown Lady --

here is the url in case you want to put the pink caboose in your signature line:

http://rlv.zcache.com/pink_caboose_post ... 81_210.jpg
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 7th, 2010, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Gwennaford  - Yea!!!  A race of 4 and growing.  Yes I will keep track of the points.  All you need to do is enjoy the LDL foods and post your results each week.  This is going to be such fun.
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi Snoopy  I'll join in.  What day do you want me to weigh in?  jj
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

JJ -  Welcome to the Loose Caboose Race.  I have one person weighing in on Sat, one on Sunday and Two on Monday.  You get to pick which day works best for you. 
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

might as well do monday  *love*
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

i WOULD LOVE TO JOIN THE RACE. SIGN ME UP! I WILL WEIGHT ON MONDAY. THIS WILL BE SO FUN, THANKS ...... WITHER