sweetners and other stuff

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
nanlaw
New, but learning

sweetners and other stuff

Post by nanlaw »

K I am New to the program ( in my first wk) I have some questions. I was already a Stevia eater before the program but my fav is the Sun Crystals. Does any one know if this is ok it is a mix of Stevia and pure cane sugar. I like the consistency of it so I hope it is fine. Also what about Boca or Morning star burgers. I am not a red meat eater so I eat alot of soy products already.
Thanks
Nancy
Hair Guru
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: sweetners and other stuff

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, Nancy, to LDL!  You will love this eating plan, the results, and all the wonderful members here.  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Ms. Pam, The Incredible Shrinking Woman, is shrinking, shrinking, shrinking!!!  Love your new picture; you look fabulous  :thumbsup: .  I just can't imagine where you're going to lose that next 52.5 lbs (if your ticker is correct) -- you'll blow away in a windstorm  *hug*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Vicki- I'm 5'9" so carry a lot more weight than you might think  ;)!  But thanks for the complement.  I am feeling so good about my progress.  Pam
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Nancy, welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

Once you read the book through, especially focusing on the key "how to" chapters a few times, you'll see that this is a really easy program to follow. You DO have to make up your mind to do it as written, stick with it, and READ LABELS. You'll be amazed at how much sugar, starch, processed wheat products, and over-processed stuff you can't pronounce is in the things we eat! The more processed it is, the more it makes your body want to gain and hold onto the extra pounds. Just make up your mind to try life without those products for a month and see how it goes. Then, when you are hungry, EAT until you are full from all the foods that are approved.

If you don't like or don't eat red meat, that isn't a problem. There have been a number of people on the boards in the past who are even vegetarian, as there is plenty of protein in the beans, lentils, peas, and other good stuff. So if there are things you don't like to eat, or can't eat -- no problem -- just leave those out and eat all the other good things on the plan. Check through the recipe boards. You'll find some delicious recipes for burgers that use chicken or turkey breast, and some that are vegetarian and use mashed beans. I have so many recipes copied to use in the future I'll never run out of good things to try!

Really, it doesn't take long to get used to this way of eating, and once you are used to whole foods, prepared from unprocessed ingredients, you'll wonder why you thought you needed the other stuff! If you are used to using pasta, rice, and bread, you'll find lots of suggestions on the boards for making great substitutions that will make you healthier and thinner. And if you cook things ahead and freeze them, like burgers, soups, and casseroles, it is as easy as having the pre-packaged and over-processed foods you have been accustomed to -- and much healthier. I don't have a lot of time to cook, but most of the recipes here are so simple and delicious, I have never gone hungry, and never had an excuse to go off the program because it was too hard and I was too busy.

You can do it!
Enjoy the journey,
Terri
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Welcome Nancy... I am at the new end too and am restarting my journery.. There are so many incredible people that will help you on you way and if I can help anytime please let me know.  I will get the answer for you if I dont know and I know your questions will help me too.  I do have the book and I read it all the time, especially if I dont understand and need the answer quickly.
Have a good day and good luck with  your journey on the skinny train.
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

Well poo. Yes I do like Trivia so I will just get it instead. I hate that about soy burgers I love them. How about Jeanie-O turkey burgers because I do not like ground turkey made into patties and yes I have tried it everyway ( I haven't eaten red meat in two years). I am trying to follow but it will take some getting used to. I am not a make in advance kind of person so I guess that is something I will have to change. Maybe I need to read some more I thought I read the book really good and I have gone back to it several times I didn't notice anything about what to look for on labels. What about can soup is it bad also? I have been good I think? Just I am hungry alot is that normal. Maybe I am not eating enough. I will say I am not a sweet craver so the fruit thing is not great for me so in the morning I have ate my banana and some other fruit but I always have to end with an egg. I am a big breakfast eater always have been so I can't function without it. I am a carb junky that is my downfall not sweets. I am determined though I know I can do it.

Hey a little side note how did yall get your pictures on here I can't figure that out.
Hair Guru
redkat

Post by redkat »

Nanlaw,  welcome to LDL.  I know you said you are not a "make in advance" person, but how about if you made a large batch of turkey burgers on weekend and freeze in serving size portions?  That's what I do.  They heat up really well, just as easy as those frozen burgers you like.  .....  and about that picture posting  -  after you have posted at least 10 times, you will be able to add a picture to your profile (if memory serves me right!).
Kathy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome, Nancy to the greatest way of eating.  Make and freeze in advance really saves time, and you know what is in the food.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Nancy!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

Please visit the recipe boards for ideas about how to make all kinds of burgers, including several yummy recipes for veggie burgers and black bean burgers just like Boca and Morningstar Farms, but without all the wheat gluten they use to substitute for meat.

One thing I have to mention is that the ground turkey you buy in the grocery stores can be filled with all kinds of dark meat, skin and fat that we don't want to be eating.  We are not supposed to be eating any parts of the chicken and turkey but the skinless, boneless breast meat.  What you want to do is buy a fresh or frozen turkey breast, or chicken breasts and grind them at home in a food grinder or food processor (unless you can find a butcher that will do it).  PLEASE try the recipe for Roger Troy's Burgers that mixes lean ground beef, ground white meat chicken or turkey and beans to make a delicious, satisfying burger.  I know this sounds impossibly complicated at first, but once you try it, I know you will love it. 

I actually have come to prefer soups to and one-pot meals to sandwiches, burgers, and meat with a lot of side dishes.  Soup is quick and easyt to throw together and you don't HAVE to prepare it in large quantities, but it helps to have SOME stashed away in the freezer for sudden hunger attacks.    All of Little Mary's recipes are delicious, quick and easy.  I hope you will try them.

About posting pictures, you need to have posted at least 10 times before you can add your little picture.  Then look for the directions in a topic called, "Posting Tickers and Pictures."

One last thing, don't forget to take BEFORE pictures of yourself before your size starts changing!  When you get to your goal weight, you will be SOO glad you did. 

Remember to eat until full as the book says, and Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

Thanks guys for the information. Trust me I have a pic of myself at the beach over last summer I will use as my before. It is the moment I realized that I was done being a big girl.....lol
Hair Guru