68 pounds down

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
jkgregory

68 pounds down

Post by jkgregory »

50 pounds has turned into 68 pounds in just about 4 months.. I eat so much food and the fat is melting away :shock: I had to go buy clothes yesterday cause everything is so big on me.. When i started ldl i was in a size 24.. Im now between 16-18.. I bought a pair of shorts that were a size 16.. That boosted my self confidence huge and has given me ever more strength to keep up on my weight loss journey.. I no longer have to shop in the plus size at Walmart!! :thumbsup:  Last week i started taking a water fitness class.. Im doing that mondays, wednesdays, and fridays.. For anyone that has arthritis or has a problem exercising, then water fitness is for you.. You work out every muscle in your body and get your heart rate while staying cool in the pool ;D It really doesnt bother arthritis.. I have it in my ankle and knee from when i broke my ankle wich has got better since i started ldl.. My blood pressure readings are all under 120/80 this month.. Im hoping to be off the bp meds soon.. ;D I bought my Cedar Point tickets today.. Were going may 19th.. I was reading the size requirements, and they say for a female size 18.. They cant say weight cause everyone is diffrent.. I think ill probably just make it.. My skinny husband sure will fit.. He looks so good.. Hes at 205.. Ill catch up to him sooner or later.. :D I tried putting up a new pic but it was to big.. By the end of may ill have a new pic up.. RT has seen a pic.. I sent him pics for the womans magazine.. Wish me luck ;)
Katie

James
Horkster

Re: 68 pounds down

Post by Horkster »

JK, that is just simply awesome progress, and in only 4 months!  Keep it up!  Enjoy Cedar Point, we want to see pics when you get back!  I wonder if the Corkscrew is still there?  I loved that one when I rode it 20-something years ago (sheesh, now I feel old...)  :D

Hork
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

That is fantastic news JK!  So very happy for you!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

That is awesome JK...you must feel like a million! Congrats on such a great accomplishment. Cedar Point is so much fun!  You deserve it all!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am so happy for you and your husband.  WOW 68 lbs in 4 months that is such a great accomplishment and that the sizes are dropping so fast is fantastic. 
Enjoy Cedar Point and I can't wait to see new pictures.
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Congrats to you!  That is awesome progress!  This way of eating is amazing.  Keep up your good work.  Enjoy Cedar Point.  It is such a fun place and so beautiful with it being on the lake.  My niece and nephew both worked there in the summer about 10 years ago.  Country Girl
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

JK - Congratulations!  That's awesome!  *hug*  Gosh, at the rate you are going, you will need to go shopping again real soon!  :thumbsup:  Once you get into the 16, then every 10 lbs or so is equal to a size. At a 10 - then it is usually around 7 lbs. It has to do with the measurements they use for each size. That's why we all seem to drop sizes more rapidly as we go down. Enjoy the shopping - it's a great feeling! 

Can't wait to see your new photos!

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JK- Your new picture is amazing :rose: :rose: :rose:!!!  I wouldn't have recognized you.  It's an amazing transformation.  Congratulations.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

JK
I love your new picture, you look wonderful.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

JK, amazing progress.  LDL is the best way to lose weight and be healthy.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I LOVE your new picture! Bet you do too!  *love* *hug* :rose:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

JK, I know being out of plus sizes has to feel tremendous!  You are doing so well.  You are going to continue to be successful and I can't wait to hear about it.  It is such a blessing to read about.
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

:shock:WOW !!!!!! way to go. You look great and I bet you feel even better. I can't wait till I can i show off that way.  :D :D :D

TIM
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

AMAZING is all I can say about you and your husband's weight loss and I love your new picture.  Pam is right when she says she wouldn't have recognized you -- you do look like a new person.  Enjoy your day at Cedar Point!
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Thank you everyone!!! You guys always give me a boost when i need it ;D ;D I love this website.. I have so much support at home and on the website.. You guys are great!! Im living proof on how great of a thing ldl really is.. When i tell people the amounts of food i eat and im loosing like this they kind of look at me like im crazy, till i explain.. My husband and i have so many people interested in ldl.. I hope they and everyone has as much success with ldl as james and i have.. Its a great thing and if we all can keep spreading the word we could save so many peoples lives like it has done for my own.. Im so greatful to have ldl and all of you!! *hug* *hug* Lets stand up and fight obesity!!
Katie

James
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

jkgregory wrote:My husband and i have so many people interested in ldl.. I hope they and everyone has as much success with ldl as james and i have.. Its a great thing and if we all can keep spreading the word we could save so many peoples lives like it has done for my own.. Im so greatful to have ldl and all of you!! *hug* *hug* Lets stand up and fight obesity!!

Preach it, Sister!    :angel:  Can I get an AAAAA-Men?    :D

Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Jk,

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!

oLLIE
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

AAAA-Man, Horkster, for LDL and for our LDL board friends.  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

WOW!! what a difference in the photos!
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Very inspirational to a newbie like me!!! Please keep posting, and often!

Blessings!
Beth
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.