I HATE bananas!!!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Lilmama13

I HATE bananas!!!

Post by Lilmama13 »

Howdy from Texas! I'm new to the LDL world. I'm getting married in March of next year and wanted to lose a bit of weight before then. My mom recommended LDL to me and gave me the book and recipe cards, I've been reading my book and have my lunch case full of fruit beside me here at work!

But the point of this post is this, I HATE BANANAS!!! Almost all the smoothie and fruit recipes I find require bananas  :'( . When I was little I got sick on bananas and ever since then it just reminds me of  :sick:

Can any of yall help me out with some non banana recipes? for smoothies and the like?
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Re: I HATE bananas!!!

Post by RB Kayaking »

The bananas are used to thicken the smoothies.  If you use frozen fruit with a little bit of juice or water and blend away you still get good thick smoothies.

What I still do is use a white bean or chick peas and blend them beyond recognition, then add the fruit and I have a thick sweet smoothie that takes me all the way to lunch time and beyond.

LDL works because we aren't restricted to a few choices.  Don't like nanners, don't eat them.  Don't like beans?  Hide them in the foods and bean haters start asking what you did different in the recipes when you leave them out.  Ask me how i know!

Have questions?  Just ask.

RB Kayaking
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

since we're talking about fruit i wanted to add...i found frozen blueberries (nothing else added) in the frozen section and have fallen in love!

and i'm with Mary...i LOVE weddings and to hear about them.  picking out colors, dresses, shoes, food......eekkk!!!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Lilmama13,  Welcome.Your mom was very nice to give the book.It is so full of great recipes.  I love  2 cups of frozen blueberries, !/4 cup  sugar free 100% berry juice,(can use water) 1/2 t of vanilla, a little splenda or stevia ---- It makes a wonderful smoothie. I also use a qt of strawberries, glass of ice cubes, some sweetener.  It is delicious--Just like a drink made at Olive Gardens without alcohol.  Frozen pineapple with a 2 fresh oranges---Sooo luscious. There are so many possibilities. I have a powerful blender, so I can do grape smoothies that are delicious.I also put white beans, rinsed in with some fruits--can't tell they are in it.  I also put raw carrots in with oranges and apples, pineapple.  Every time I do a smoothie, I  feel it is a treat. It is usually a daily treat.  To think that I can lose weight and still enjoy such delicious foods still excites me.    :thumbsup: Joyful Friend   
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Lilmama13
I don't use bananas in my smoothies and haven't for along time.  I like things a little on the sour side so I make a pineapple/ coconut smoothie that is delicious
Just take:
1/2 can of pineapple chunks w/ juice (frozen) in zip loc bag
1/2 can of mandarin oranges ( frozen) drained and rinsed
1/4 c. 100% orange juice concentrate frozen
5 to 6 drops of coconut flavoring

This makes a large glass of smoothie that is so good I eat them all the time.  You can even put your favorite diet sugar in to sweeten it a bit more if you like more sweetened.  I break it up a bit and throw it in the blender and if it is too thick I add a bit of water to it.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Don't eat bananas if you hate them, there are less fatening fruits anyway that you can choose from. ...WITHER