Newbie's first post

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Jaye

Newbie's first post

Post by Jaye »

Want to say hello and thank you.  Must say that your posts are very encouraging and the friendship and support I see in them makes me smile.  I've been reading posts since May 1 when I bought the red book and decided to take charge of what I put in my mouth.  It took me a week to get the new WOE to a place where I felt I was following LDL.

Thanks for delicious recipes that are easy to fix, very tasty, and filling.  I am surprised and delighted to not feel hungry and to have no cravings.  Even though I read that would happen, guess I just had to experience it myself.  It sounded too good to be true.

Isn't one of the biggest challenges knowing when you are full so you stop eating??  Perhaps you have all discussed this and I just haven't found those posts.

Thanks again!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Newbie's first post

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jaye- Let me be the first to welcome you to this board and to Let's Do Lunch the best way of eating (woe) in the world.  We really look forward to hearing from you more and sharing your successes.  Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome aboard, Jaye. You'll love this way of eating (WOE).

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

HI Jaye and welcome.. Yes I think one of the biggest challanges besides my night eating is knowing when you are full.. I try to ask myself how I am feeling at that time.. am I hungry or is it just a habit.. most always.. I am full and its just my habit calling me.  I think my night snacking is in control. I am enjoying my fruit more and more in the evening.. I have been having watermelon and have also tried the yellow watermelon this week. Its green on outside and a pretty yellow on inside. Looks really nice mixed with red watermelon but doesnt have much flavor.. maybe better later in the season.. so welcome again.. I know you will be successful in your journey.. one day at a time.
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:THE coolest thing about Let's Do Lunch is that you can stuff yourself when you start. Why? Because your body won't let you continue to eat that way. Why? Because your blood sugar will become stabilized within the first week, and when that happens your body will FORCE you to become less and less hungry with each passing day. Thus, you will just naturally start to eat less and less, consume fewer and fewer calories and lose all the weight you want...KEEPING IT OFF!

Jaye -- Welcome to the best way of eating ever!  I can attest to Roger's words because this is what I did from day one on LDL -- ate until one more bite would have made me throw up  :sick: . Now, after 10 months my capacity for being full/stuffed is one-half of what I used to eat.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  I so enjoy reading your posts, your recipes, and all the encouragement you give each other.  This is quite a nice, supportive family and I'm happy I found you... thanks to Ollie (barrypaxton).

Jaye
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Welcome, Jaye....

Looking forward to watching your progress. :)

Blessings!
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Jaye,
Now I am trying to figure out who you are. I have told several people about LDL. Can you give me your first name or initials?

Ollie

rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Welcome Jaye,

I'm sure you will enjoy this (WOE) just like the rest of us. Just give everything a chance and time to adjust.

TIM

PS: I found LDL through Ollie as well.
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

Welcome to LDL,

It's wild to eat until you are full. But it really works.

I have lost 60 pounds on LDL, and feeling great.

Enjoy your journey,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Jaye,

We haven't heard from you for a while. Hope everything is OK.

Blessings,
Ollie

julybug

Post by julybug »

Welcome!!  I suggest that you read over old posts, if nothing else read recipes.  Some are just so easy to do.  The secret of this WOE to me, is have stuff on hand, that is easy to fix.  DO NOT deprave yourself.  As Roger Troy says many times in the book eat until your carvings are satisfied.  Wish you the best of luck.  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I have a hard time believing that I will EVER learn to stop eating. I eat because it is there. I even eat things I don,t like.Some body told me once that I just ate it so no one else could.I hope not.  :bomb:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Miss Donna,
You sound like a habitual plate cleaner who not only cleans their plate but everyone else's and the serving platters and bowls also. Been there, done that. Be assured that once you get into this Way of Eating the cravings will go away and once you have dropped a significant amount of weight and get to a smaller clothes size, you will never want anything in your mouth that will cause you to gain!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Tanya
New, but learning

Post by Tanya »

I just wanted to second what Jaye has said.  I just joined the but have been reading all the wonderful posts for a number of months now.  There is such a spirit of caring and fun from all of you.  Thank you for that.  I am new to dieting - have never had to do it before.  But over the past few years I have been gaining more weight every month.  So, it is time.  I need to do something to stop the weight gain and I like this woe and all I have read about it.  I have the red book and recipe cards.  I have tried some of the recipies.  I am trying to change my eating habits and way of thinking about foods.  Thank you all for your help and encouragement.  Looking forward to interacting with you on a more personal basis now I have joined the boards.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Tanya,
Glad to have you join us on the boards. Please go to the Screen name topic and tell us more about yourself.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9348.0
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It's hard to not share with others, because it has been so exciting to find something to finally work for me.  It really seemed too good to be true, but it wound up being true.  What good news!  I'm so glad others are finding out about LDL.  Just keep sharing everybody.  I love hearing that someone found out about it through someone else who found about it through me.  You can see the ripple effect.  We are making a difference.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome Tanya- I did the same as you, read the boards for almost 3 months before joining. Like I said in my first or one of my first posts, it is one thing to read all the posts, but totally another when these wonderful people actually get to know YOU, and talk directly to you. I just love these boards, you wil be very happy that you joined.  All the best.                                      ck

Oops, almost forgot, a very warm welcome to you to Jaye!
Last edited by cameron on July 1st, 2010, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome Tanya
You will just love the food and being on the boards getting to know everyone.  I look forward to seeing your progress so I hope you will have time to start a journal of your own.
Ask lots of questions and enjoy all the delicious recipes on these boards.