I'm curious as to how long it is taking people to see results?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
blinot

I'm curious as to how long it is taking people to see results?

Post by blinot »

My friend has given me her book "Let's do lunch" to read because I am on a weight loss journey. I have a significant amount of weight to loose, 160lbs to be at my ideal weight for my height, age, etc.  
My friend was very successful using the "Let's do Lunch" plan; she lost 50 lbs from November to May.
I am reading the book now and preparing to start the diet next Monday.  Just wondering how quickly people are seeing results, if people tend to see more results with exercises or if results seem to be the same? Also if there are any tips for someone just starting out?
Thanks! :thumbsup:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: I'm curious as to how long it is taking people to see results?

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Blinot
Welcome to the best way of eating there is.  I also started in Nov. and have since lost 73 lbs and I have alot more to lose.  If I remember right the first month I was on LDL I lost 20 lbs.  I don't exercise and I still average 2 to 3 lbs a week.  I hope as I get down on my weight to start exercising and then I have a feeling I will see my body shaping up also.  I knew within the first weeks I was losing weight because almost imediately I was able to wear my wedding rings that I had not been able to wear for a couple years.  Also, my clothes right away begin to fit looser.

Read the book over and over to get all the rich nuggets you will need to succeed.  On these boards you will find hundreds of recipes that are delicious and will give you alot of variety.  The main thing to remember in the beginning is to eat and eat and eat LDL approved foods  so you get rid of all cravings.  In the morning it is best to eat lots and lots of fruit to get your metabolism going and eat your main large protein meal at lunch.  For dinner eat fruit, soups, veggies or whatever fills you up without eating protein such as meat.

You will be so happy and feel so healthy eating LDL foods that once you get going you won't want to turn back to your old ways.  Ask lots of questions and there are alot of people who will be happy to answer them for you.  Read as much as you have time to of the posts such as journals to see what everyone else is eating and what works and what doesn't.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards and hearing of your success.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Wendy,

That's fabulous advice for anyone, whether they're newbies or have been plugging away for awhile. I don't mind being reminded about how to do LDL the right way. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Blinot!

BTW, How is your cousin Gloria doing Wendy?  I'm remembering to keep her in my prayers. Our Lord Jesus loves her very much and wants so much for her to come to Him.

Please keep us posted!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on May 19th, 2010, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

blinot wrote: Just wondering how quickly people are seeing results, if people tend to see more results with exercises or if results seem to be the same? Also if there are any tips for someone just starting out?
Thanks! :thumbsup:

i would say there are a number of factors....how much weight someone has to lose....someone with a lot of weight to lose will lose faster in the beginning, but once they're down to their last 20 or30 pounds, they should be just like someone who only has that much weight to lose to begin with..

these boards are full of almost professional dieters(count me in those numbers)...most people know wether they lose easily or not....someone who doesn't lose easily is NOT going to lose easily on let's do lunch..it's not a magic diet..........it's a change of eating habits toward making better choices.....i lost about 40 pounds when i first went on let's do lunch 4 years ago......it took me about 10 months to do that....i lost 10 pounds in the first 5 weeks and i went twice in that 10 month period for 2 months without losing anything......i used to keep pants that were too tight on me around and would keep trying them on...i didn't weigh myself until they fit....then both times, i'd get on the scale and see that i'd lost 5 pounds....i lost an average of 4 pounds a month...

EXERCISE is wonderful and WILL help you get results faster....people that say you don't "need" to exercise don't LIKE to exercise....that's fine...the truth is that it doesn't matter if it takes you longer to lose the weight because this is all about changing your eating habits......so, if you like to exercise, do it..it WILL help you because it's really good for you and you'll lose weight faster....

TIPS...eat until you're REALLY full so that you minimize snacking....try not to eat after dinner..............nighttime snacking is not really mentioned around here but the truth is it's healthier to give your digestive tract a rest at night along with the rest of your body...and whatever you're eating doesn't have time to be digested and used....if you eat until you're full during the day and try to do more eating during the day, you shouldn't be hungry at night...of course, in the beginning, if you're hungry at night, eat............

ENJOY all the wonderful foods you can eat...all the summer fruit available now and rich bean soups..............i wish you success..........sincerely, niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Blinot- You've gotten great advise from Wendy and Niki.  This is the very best way to discard all the weight you no longer want to carry around.  I am a slow loser, probably from years of yo-yo dieting.  I have no deadline for reaching my goal weight.  I am eating the way I will be eating the rest of my life, loving the food, am getting healthier, and feeling great.  The bonus is that I am getting closer to my goal weight and know that my body will accept this when it does.  I am happy with what I see in the mirror and have been able to share this way of eating with several others.  I've done quick weight loss plans, and they are ineffective in the long run.  I'm into this for life.  I know that if I go back to eating the way I used to eat, I will revert to my old weight.  If I continue LDL, I will reach and maintain my goals.  It's an easy decision for me.  This plan and this group are the best.  Welcome.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Sweetrose
Thank you for your continued prayer.  I haven't been able to get ahold of the family to find out.  I tried again this morning with no answer so will call my mom later and see if she knows anything.  I will post as soon as I know.
Deb683
New, but learning

Post by Deb683 »

I been on the LDL plan for 28 days and lost 12lbs. Some people lose more and some less because of our body metabolism. I have been on diets since I was in my 30's .LDL is the easiest diet.The cravings are gone. Most of the recipes in LDL do not take long to cook. You have enough left to either freeze or eat with other meals. I'm not a breakfast person,but the fruit smoothies are perfect for my sugar craving.I read LDL everyday as a guide and it keeps me on track. LDL is a blessing from God and Troy Wilson.
                                                                                                                                    God Bless,
  Deb683                                                                                     
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I have been on ldl since Jan. I lose VERY slow the 1st month I lost 2 lbs. I compared myself to others who lost more and became very discouraged. That was the wrong thing to do as we are all different. It also took a long time for my clothes to feel bigger. I kept reading others success stories and got strength from that. I was determent to hang on so glad I did now I have lost 16lbs and can wear EVERYTHING in my closet even those skinny jeans that never fit anyway. So no matter weather you lose slow or fast please know it will come off and you will be very happy. Just continue to read and follow the plan close as it is not a diet but a whole new way of life....... Wither
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I tended to lose about 8 lbs. a month, which is very healthy.  Here is a thread I started the other day that I think would help for you to read. 

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9329.0
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

I started this WOE on April 28th 2010.  I lost 10.2 pounds the first two weeks.  2 more pounds on week three.
I think I am doing exceptionally well.  I plan to continue this plan until I reach my 50+ # goal.
Best wishes for a happy journey to Skinny Town.
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I also lose very slowly, but I am only 5 ft tall and 75 years old.  Also I now only have 10 more pounds to lose.  For me the best part is my cravings are gone and so is my binging, which has caused me to be a yo yo most of my life.  I have lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks.  As long as I stick to LDL, I won't gain it back which in the past I have done many times.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Just remember, a lot of time we lose inches and not lbs.  I exercised before I started LDL and I still do it consistently.  I have lost differently--- an all over weight loss-- LDL is a lifetime WOE.  It is wonderful.  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

i have been on ldl since january 3rd and i have lost 77 pounds.. I noticed in my 4 months that i have to have at least 2 smoothies a day.. I have one for breakfast and one for dinner.. I always have a big lunch... Make sure your eating until full.. The great thing about ldl is not having to worry about how many calories your putting into your body..  ;D
Katie

James