Screen Name

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Screen Name

Post by witheraway1 »

Hi , I was just wandering how some of you choose your screen name....I live in California near San Deigo. Our sons have a band they are both lead singers, very talented . They perform in clubs and are very entertianing and fun to go see. Their band name is Wither so I took the band name for my screen name. My real name is Joyce and my husdand and I have 5 grown children, some of our favorite times is camping on the beach with the family a great thing to do with your kids when they are little and older as well. Have a good day and thanks for all the help I get from my friends on the boards.......Wither
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Screen Name

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wither, Your sons have to be talented, so do you play and sing?  Your name is nice---suits getting smalller) My name is Wanda.  I am married (almost 52 yrs), two  grown children, and 5 grandchildren, (20-27).  I am a very happy person; however, my joy is constant because it is from my precious Savior, Jesus.  When thinking of a name, it popped into my head, and I thought it described me.  I'm not always happy, because of circumstances, but I am always joyful, because Jesus lives within my heart, and that Joy can never be taken away.  I am a retired teacher, and I'm very active in our church and  the community.  Our family gets together often for good times. I love to travel, read, and I like antiques.  I used to go to a lot of auctions, but not so much now. I collect Old Santa Clauses, teapots, old jewelry,  any  old glass wear with roses  painted on it, and  old rooster figurines. :D  Joyful Friend
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Whither,
      I got my screen name from tiny little birdies that come down from Canada right before the first snowstorm of the winter comes. I don't know their real name everyone just calls them snowbirdies!. We live right on the Canadian border so I suppose they are tiny Canadian birds. So that's it.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Joyful Friend I don't play and sing but all our children are performers, they all have beauiful voices. They get it from my husband who does sing. He used to sing in plays at the church. He has always collected music and we always have had music playing in our house.    He tends to lend towards country. Are sons [wither are rock , Daughter and oldest son can sing any kind of music. Thanks for asking....... Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I have a bridal sewing business: Future Heirlooms.  Thus, I am Ms Heirloom.  I have 3 grown sons and have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 44 years.  None of us is musically inclined.  My nine year old grandson plays guitar and my 7 year old granddaughter  is a beautiful singer.  My other two grandchildren (both seven) are awfully special, too.  Lots of seven year olds, the girls are twins.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My name comes from when I signed up for my first computer service years ago.  When they asked me what I wanted to be called on my email I wanted to be a witness and testimony for Jesus.  Then when we started different businesses and I sold for a long time on line the name Wendysgoodnews worked out perfect.

I have two sons, one is 36 yrs old, getting married in July and one is 19 yrs old, going to college & playing soccer.  They both live in Idaho so we are empty nesters this year.
We raise dogs, schnauzers and long haired chihuahuas.  In fact we had 4 cute puppies born today from our darling chihuahua named Sassy.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

What a fun thread -- good idea, Wither!

Gwennaford is a special nickname given to me by my high school "girl gang".  It is a contraction of my first name, Gwendolyn, and my maiden name that ends with two "n"s and a Ford.   :cool:  I always kept it because it makes me feel good.  Other girls in my crowd were known as Turky, Raisen, Duval and Bev (her real name, LOL).  Spellings are accurate.  

People on the boards frequently write my name as Gwenna or Gwenn, but I go by Gwen (WITH ONE "N" ! ! !   :laughing:  )  Everyone, please feel free to spread the word when you see it being misspelled.  

I started referring to myself as "Gwennaford Grape" not long after I started Let's Do Lunch, for the obvious reason that I love them so much.  Roger Troy ran with that & started calling me Grape Girl, or recently GG.

We had a crazy-lovable high school chemistry teacher named Mr. Ward (Mr. Weird) who gave every single one of his students a unique nickname.  A Mr. Weird nickname was a matter of great pride.  Mine was Haffanerd, pronounced "half-a-nerd".  He always called roll aloud using these nicknames and he usually said mine with a smirk and a grin, so the implication was that I was not a complete nerd.  LOL.

I tossed a coin to decide between Gwennaford and Haffanerd.  

Gwen

P.S. -- Funny story.  Anyone remember the '70's when everyone wore wigs, wiglets, and "falls" (hair extensions)?  Mr. Weird was also known for his zany verbal expressions.  One of his faves was "GAD!" (frequently used at top volume to express great shock or surprise).  My senior year I was his 4th period Student Service Aide.  When he didn't have any work for his SSA's he would let us do homework, etc. in the back room while he was teaching his classes.  One day my short wig had given me a killer headache, so I took it off and hung it over a tall beaker beside me, then sitting on a tall stool, put my head down on the counter and promptly fell sound asleep.  Mr. Weird rushed into the storeroom for something, and was startled by the sight of me passed out with my "head" sitting beside me on the countertop.  He jumped back toward the door and screamed, "GAD, HAFFANERD -- YOU'VE LOST YOUR HEAD ! ! !"  The whole batch of underclassmen crowded in the door to have a good laugh at the senior who was busted taking a nap (without her wig) during class!
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 22nd, 2010, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

I've been volunteering with the Rio Grande Fire Department for over 24 years. My unit number on the Department is 401. Thus creating RGFD401. By the way, Rio Grande.

TIM
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

hmm....nothing mysterious here! BMorg are the first few letters of my name, and 1950 is my year of birth. :)

Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Someone else had started a thread like this ages ago.  I think it was BuzyLizzy.

I'm RB Kayaking because I'd rather be kayaking than doing just about anything else, other than scuba diving, hiking, biking, swimming, horse backing riding.  Oh, well you get the idea.

I have one high school senior that graduates on June 7th and he's already registered for fall classes at UNF--Jacksonville, FL.

I have a hubby that I've been glued to the hip with for 25 years.

RB
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Wither,

It's the nickname my boss gave me when I started working for him. I guess it just stuck... :laughing:

CQ
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks to all that posted  I feel like I know you a little better. When I see your  post I know you you are. Hope to hear from more am enjoying reading about you!  Wither
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I did a search to find the old thread on this.  Here it is:

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=6344.0

My name came from my first Yorkie named "Cricket".  I often called her Crickadoodle.  Since then I've had a Stevie Rae, who tragically died a day or two after I told about my screen name last time.  Makes me a bit sad to think about it.  Well, now I have a new Yorkie named Mamie who is the cutest little thing.  She actually isn't exactly like Cricket and Stevie Rae.  Her ears have the long hair growing on them and she is so very bright -- not that Cricket and Stevie Rae were dumb dogs, but she really is a bit sharper and I'm thinking I'll be able to teach her lots.  She is still a puppy and there are things about puppies that I don't like -- like a bit hyper and I love when the dog calms down and will just stay in my lap for an extended visit.  She'll get there soon.  She is 7 months old.  She is about the same size as Stevie Rae and Cricket, though and has that same sassy walk.  Her hair is much softer and mats a little too easy, but grows faster and longer and thicker than the other two.  It makes her a little harder to groom, but she is so cute!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I am fairly new to the boards and was not aware there was a thread like this before. I hope everyone is enjoying it any way. It will help us new ones get to know more about everyone...............Wither
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Wither
My mother was in a CB group at the lake where she lived and they all had CB handles.  Mother war low voltage as Dad was high voltage he was an electrician.  I always have been a cut up and refuse to grow up and also was making clown dolls at the time so they have me the handle of Clown Lady and it has stuck.  I still refuse to grow up as you will find out if you meet me I am on 3 years old (67) and 3 year olds can do most anything they want if the have there mother in control.
I have been married 48 years come september and Sneaky Snoopy is my daughter and I had a son for 19 years until his passing and two of the most handsome Grandson's you would every want.  Don't all Granny's think that way.
Clown Lady also known as Donna from Oklahoma
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wither, it is a fun idea and should be resurrected every few months or so.  It helps people get to know others. It was fun to search for the old one and to remember some things, but my dog dying wasn't fun to remember.  The rest was, though.  So many wonderful people on this site!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I am a first generation Italian... My Mom was born and raised in Sicily, and My Dad was born and raised in Calabria, Italy... they are both immigrants to America when they were in their 20's.

I identify with my Souther Italian"ness" soooo much, and my childhood was not an American one, but an Italian one, that just happened to be in America.

Thanks to the Godfather Saga, many people are familiar with the word Sicilian, so I chose my Mama's background as my name, and the fact that I am a Mama to three beautiful sons, 16, 14 and 11.

I have a wonderful NON Italian husband... but he claims to be 100% Italian now that he has been married to me for 18 years.

We, as a family, have traveled extensively all over Europe, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico...and hope to continue doing so even after our boys grow up and have families of their own.

My life completely changed the moment I became pregnant with my first son, so I am very much a doting Italian Mama, and have lived up to all the sterotypes of being an Italian Mama to sons...

I am 42 very soon, and have lost 80 lbs since July.  I am looking forward to losing my next 100 pounds...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Crick, you are so right, this does help us get to know each other. I also looked up the other thread alot of people that we don't hear from now. Wonder how they are doing and if they are still with ldl. Sorry to hear about your dogs. I am a dog person and losing one can be like losing a family member. I know from experence, They do leave us with good memories though..........Wither

Cm, so nice to read your post sounds like you have a great family. With a mom like you I am sure your family will always be close. I know my kids always love to get together and hang out. That gives me a good feeling and tells me we must have done something right.      Everyone else let us get to know more about you!  Keep posting...
Wither
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

my name is Elizabeth and most people call me Lizzy...especially my daycare families.  i started out on here Lizzy but changed it when everyone started calling me Bizzy Lizzy or Miss Lizzy.  i just put it all together  ;)  i have 4 kids....3 boy and then (as Donna aka Clown Lady would say) my TigerLily.  my daughter's name is Lily and she is the love of my life. well, besides my husband...and i can't wait to say we've been married for 44, 47 or even 57 yrs.  :kissed: 

and i also think this thread is wonderful.  i love these kind of get to know you ones.  Julie stared that one before but it's been like a yr ago and i do believe there are many new people who may have missed it.  i made the one about where we all lived.  great thread, Wither!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Miss Busy Lizzy, Nice to hear from you. You said something about your daycare familys. Do you do daycare? If so, that is what we do. I am licensed for 14 and we also do preschool. I have to say at the end of the day I am ready for them to go home.lol. I too am having fun getting to know everybody, since I am fairly new, it gives us a connection much like the pictures do. It was good to hear from you, thanks for posting......Wither