Starting Over Again

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
chuie

Starting Over Again

Post by chuie »

I am starting over again.  I am having my thyroid checked
on Friday and on Sunday I am getting back on the LDL wagon.  I'm 55 and have 40-50 lbs to lose.  I was on the LDL way of eating back last summer and got sidetracked.
It's so easy to lose my way and go back to the old way of eating, but this time I am really going to give it my best try.  I DID lose on my last try, so I really had no reason for quitting. I have been reading the "posts" and it alone has given me the encouragement to try again.
Thanks to everyone, and especially to Roger Troy for his personal emails. Now I have to go back and read the book again too!  I'll keep reading the posts, because I think that is a big part of the encouragement that I need.
niki

Re: Starting Over Again

Post by niki »

hi chuie....welcome back....you'll probably have a tsh and a free t3 and free t4....if your tsh is higher than 2.0,you very likely need medication..there's loads of info on the internet which you might have done already....i'm 53 and when i was 40,i asked to have my thyroid tested...my tsh was 5 or 6 and the dr i went to wouldn't put me on medication..it was as if when i told him i was dieting and not losing weight,that he didn't believe me...so i put myself on this strict diet(wrote everything down)for 2 months and lost 1 pound which i gained back with one normal meal..i ate fat free yogurt,water boiled oatmeal...i worked as an aerobic instructor and gave my 3 classes a week,took other people's classes,weight trained 4 times a week.....and i was young and accustomed to losing weight easily...so keep me posted and if you want to share your lab results,i'd love to see them and know the outcome...............................niki
chuie

Re: Starting Over Again

Post by chuie »

Thanks Roger, I will definately follow your advice!
Maybe within a couple or three weeks, I'll be addicted to the good LDL foods.
Niki, I will gladly share my TSH results with you.
I have been tested in the past, but the Dr. has always
said, well, your numbers fall within the "normal" range....
I don't think MY normal is the same as their normal range!
This new Dr. I'm going to does some sort of a more extensive thyroid testing, so maybe I will get to the bottom of it once and for all.  I seem to have all the "symptoms" of a low thyroid, like the dry skin, cold all the time, and hair falls out easily.  I'll report back in with results.