Out with the old (LC), and in with the new (LDL)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Out with the old (LC), and in with the new (LDL)

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I come from a family of large southern women.  My grandmothers, mother, aunts, sisters and cousins are all quite overweight.  By watching my weight ever since high school, I've managed to stay a reasonable size, but it's always been a struggle.  Ten years ago as I started approaching the age of 40, I realized that weight had started creeping up on me and turned to Atkins (Low Carb diet) to lose about 15 pounds.  Over the past 10 years I've turned to LC whenever my weight creeped up 5 pounds or so, but I was introduced to LDL recently by a co-worker who was in crickadoodle's February/March class.  

I bought the book back in April and ever since I started LDL two months ago I find that my weight doesn't fluctuate wildly like it did before.  I also find that the cravings I used to get have diminished to the point that they barely exist.  While doing LC, if I slipped and ate one cookie, I would want to eat an entire bag of cookies.  Now, after two months on LDL, if I eat a cookie, that's enough.  I'm not interested at all in finishing off the rest of the bag.  I'm astonished at the difference LDL has made in my life.  I eat a smoothie for breakfast and one for dinner and I look forward to my fresh fruit smoothies every single day.

I can't say I've lost much weight.  I don't have a lot of weight to lose and I don't follow the plan 100% to the letter, but I have lost 5 pounds and am at my lowest weight since I initially lost weight on Atkins ten years ago.  I am extremely happy with how well this plan works for me.

The best part is that my husband is following the LDL plan as well and this plan is working great for him too.  We're able to plan and cook LDL friendly meals together and it helps both of us to stay on track.  He has had back problems for years and says that his back pain seems to be lessening as his weight goes down.  I couldn't be happier.

I'm really thankful that I was introduced to LDL.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the best kept diet secret around.  BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE A SECRET.  I sincerely hope that Roger is successful in getting more publicity for Let's Do Lunch.  So many people could benefit from following this wonderful plan.
Last edited by NoMoreLCforMe on June 22nd, 2010, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
Kathie

Re: Out with the old (LC), and in with the new (LDL)

Post by Kathie »

Well put!  Congrats to both you and your hubby!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome to LDL!!! Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!  :thumbsup:

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The stabilizing of your husband's blood sugars also stops the inflammatory response and is also why his back pain is decreasing. Isn't LDL great?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

Thanks for the hugs and blessings.  Linda, I had no idea that blood sugar has an impact on inflamation.  Thanks for the info.

I'm just so thrilled that both of us are having a problem with our clothes getting too loose.  We haven't had that problem in a long, long time.  We check our weight together in the mornings.  It's great to be married to your biggest cheerleader.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

NomoreLCforMe -- Welcome!  So glad you found out about eating this wonderful way.  In the beginning, I kept waiting for someone to tell me I was dreaming.  I'd been on South Beach before and to find out I could eat all the fruit I wanted, I felt like I got to cheat every day and still lose weight. 

My husband joined me after I'd been following this way of eating for a couple of months.  He's lost around 30 lbs.  Life is so much easier when we are on the same page in this area.  Glad it is working so well for you and your husband.  Hey, if we keep sharing this way of eating with everyone we know, maybe Louisiana will become the healthiest state in the US -- instead of at the top 3 for obesity.  :thumbsup:  I would love to see it happen.

(At first I couldn't figure out what LC meant -- low carb!  No more LC for me either!)
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

Crickadoodle, I plan to share LDL with everyone I can.  I'm onboard with the idea of helping Louisiana to become a healthier state. :thumbsup:  I think you have single-handedly started a movement in our area alone.  If it wasn't for you, I would still be in the dark about LDL.  It's amazing that through your classes you indirectly touched lives of many others.  Thank you very much crickadoodle!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, that is so sweet to say!  But you know this is true -- how can you not share something that has been such a blessing to you, when you see that others need to know too?  I don't want to be obnoxious about sharing, but I do want to be available for anyone who wants to be set free from those food addictions.

Last night I talked to the husband of a lady who was in my class.  He has lost so much weight and gives the book out to others all the time.  It has definitely had a ripple effect in our community.  I just have been thanking God for whoever left that copy of First magazine in the hospital waiting room for me to stumble upon.  They will never know just the impact that little gesture made.  They maybe didn't even find Let's Do Lunch yet!  Hopefully, if they didn't, one of us who did will share it with them!  Then it'll have gone full circle! 

When you ate that cookie, you realized it no longer had a hold on you.  That is such freedom!
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

Thanks for the reminders Roger.  I am definitely a believer in this WOE.  This week I've turned down offers at the office every day for cookies, cake and ice cream.  I'm just not interested. 

I think crickadoodle made a great point about how important it was for me to realize that sugar no longer has the hold it once had on me.  That, in itself, is the miracle to me.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

As Roger Troy has said, do I want to eat something I know isn't good for me (you know, the things that made me fat) or do I want to lose weight?  Just thinking about that - I have the choice - almost always helps me to avoid the bad stuff and go for the good stuff!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Marga, staying away from all that bad stuff is really working for you. Notice you only have 18lbs to lose. How great is that.........And it's really not hard to do..............Wither
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

My husband & I recently went clothes shopping.  We were both delighted to fit into sizes that we've never worn in our adult lives.  I bought size 6 jeans and he bought size 32 pants.  Neither of us ever imagined wearing sizes like that.  I figured the days of being that slim were long gone. LDL has been instrumental in our weight loss.  I'm so blessed to have been shown this exceptional WOE.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, NoMore!  Isn't LDL the very best!!!  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations
Wow size 6, what a wonderful success story!  How much have you lost in lbs to make it to that size.  Your husband too must be so pleased to be buying a size 32. 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

No More LC -- Isn't it so much easier to shop?  Sounds like you and your husband have done so well!  My husband is wearing sizes he's never worn since I was married to him and is looking so good!  I'm proud of him.  He was in XL shirts mostly and is now in mediums!  He's starting to do push ups and I noticed that he is getting his muscle tone back from that. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on September 2nd, 2010, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

You both have done so well.  Enjoy those small sizes, and just think you're still  young, so you will have many years to enjoy them.  :thumbsup: JF
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

Thanks, everyone.

Wendy: All in all I've lost about 8 lbs on LDL and hubby has lost about 15.  I went from 10's and 8's to 8's and 6's.  Hubby's gone from a 36" waist to a 32" waist.

Roger: I don't know that before and after photos would be very dramatic for us.  The difference on me is pretty subtle, but hubby's is much more noticable.  We went to the Verizon store yesterday (haven't been there in months) and the fellow who usually helps us immediately noticed my hubby's weight loss.  My husband gets compliments frequently. 

Crick:  Just like your husband mine had a closet full of XL shirts. That's the size he's worn forever. Now he can fit comfortably into some mediums.  He was shocked when he realized that.

Joyful:  We're definitely getting plenty of enjoyment from the smaller sizes.  Now that we have an eating plan that works so well for us we plan to enjoy these smaller sizes for the rest of our lives.

On top of the LDL weight loss we both started on an exercise program about a month ago.  The exercise  is helping us tone and hopefully helping to replace some of the fat pounds with a little muscle.  We both feel GREAT!