Help!!! encouraging words needed

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
godstemple

Help!!! encouraging words needed

Post by godstemple »

Hello everyone.  I have not been on the boards for a while.  I lost 25 lbs and kept if off for a while.  Recently I went on a binge and I feel aweful.  I know I have gained about 10 lbs in the last two weeks.  I have been eating everything in sight.  I feel aweful  I know LDL works and share it with others.  But right now I am in a slump and need encouragement.  I guess I feel bad because I have allowed myself to slip back into my old habits.  I know this weekend might be hard because of the holiday.  Also, I wonder if everyone is still cooking beans because of the summer.  I stopped eating cooked hot beans.  I just need help and encouragement to get back on board.  Thanks for listening.  I just thought I will turn to the boards for help.  :pouty:  :pouty:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: Help!!! encouraging words needed

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am not cooking as many hot soups as I was but I am still adding  red beans to my salads and making cold marinated salads with beans off the boards and eating refried beans on CT.
Just plan ahead and have your meals ready so there isn't so much of a chance of staying on the path to weight gain.  For the holidays I am making LDL salads , watermelon and BBQing hamburgers and National Hebrew Hotdogs.  I will make a LDL acceptable dessert for me to eat while everyone else is eating icecream cake.
You did LDL with success before so it is just a matter of resetting the mind to eat the good food and remembering how well you felt before.  It also helps alot to get on the boards and read  the success stories.  That will really help you get back on track.
I know that feeling of desperation from before starting LDL so I will be praying for you to find peace  and remember your body is the temple of God and needs to be treated with love.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Godstemple!

So nice to meet you!

This has happened to me, too. I know EXACTLY how you feel about gaining some of your weight back. It's not too late to begin again right now. You can still have wonderful LDL foods this July 4th weekend. Think grilled lean burgers, chicken or  steak, corn on the cob, faux "potato" salad ( made with cauliflower or turnips) crispy fresh salad and lots of cold sweet watermelon. This is just to name a few wonderful LDL foods to fill up on!  And if you aren't too tired of beans how about a wonderful baked bean dish,LDL of course.

The main thing is to get back on the LDL train NOW! You don't want those 10 extra pounds to turn into 20. :shock: We're all passengers,too, and will be waiting for you in the LDL dining car! :D

You can do it! We're here to help and encourage!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on July 3rd, 2010, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
bingo

Post by bingo »

Good Morning Godstemple !!This is a brand new day,  a fresh new start,,,isn`t that wonderful !!! and to think that you have  Fireworks  this weekend  to celebrate the 4th of July AND  for coming back on track ,,,Praise the Lord !! It won`t be hard to remember this date for you,,,as you give Glory to God  for  the freedoms that we have!! and for finding this  WOE ,,,thanks to RT  for sharing  his knowledge to  us    the Lord Bless you , and keep in touch......HAVE A GREAT DAY.......BINGO 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Good Morning, God's Temple,
And welcome to a new LDL day! Remember God's Mercies (like the Manna) are new every day.
You have learned a valuable lesson you will never forget. Even tasting that "other food" is not going to ever happen for you again.
You know where it got you and nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Load up on lots of watermelon this weekend to flush our body from all the cravings. Works for me!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I still eat the beans I do fat free refried beans on Corn Thins.  I make a bowl of drained and rinsed black beans, a can or fresh when I have it corn drained and rinsed and a can of Ro-tel tomatoes and chopped clintro.  I have it on my refried beans, in my eggs, and the best way is on my fresh spinach as a dressing for my salad.  I add kidney beans to just about everything.  Just keep eating beans they don't have to be hot.
Clown Lady

Like the others have said it is never to late to start fresh again and don't let it turn into 20.  The 10 will come right back off.  keep up the good work
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Welcome back GODSTEMPLE..............we are here for you. Sweetrose  :rose: had some very good meals planned out for you. Roger has made it easy and simple, we are all pulling for you, it might be a good idea if you got on the pink cabboose the train to skinnytown. Clown Lady serves tea there. You will find lots of encouragment and people waiting to help in anyway. Welcome see you in skinny town          Wither

ps I am still cooking lot's of beans  and soups!
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 3rd, 2010, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

I haven't been posting lately either....this is my third trip back in the last month.  I think this time it will stick.   There's so much upsetting stuff out there.  At young age we leaned "comfort food". When I get upset, I have to tell myself...eating all this junk food is really gonna fix them.....ain't it?????  Actually they probably don't care anyway and snicker  because our weight loss is stalled...
We need to change our "old comfort food" into "LDL comfort food".  You can do it!!!    *love*    jj
Last edited by jjelli on July 3rd, 2010, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julybug

Post by julybug »

I am eating beans in the quick soup from the book(can of northern beans, can of pintos and can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 onion, spices--i like to to add some green chilies of whatever I have on hand  yummy). Taco hummus is easy to make to eat fresh veggies with too.   Do forget this is watermelon time and corn on the cob and grilling anything.  Eat the good stuff, have it ready to go and you really will not feel as though you are missing out.  (Drinking a smoothie right now)  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Godstemple -- first, the best thing you can do is let go of the past.  It is over and it is forgiven.  The best thing about LDL is you can immediately get back on without the guilt.  If my husband and I eat out for lunch and eat a couple of things a little off the plan, for dinner we immediately get back on and eat a light meal of mainly fruit.  Sometimes our emotions or minds are more of a problem and stumbling block to our success than any real craving for a food.  You have known success with LDL and it is waiting for you to enjoy again.  You really are worth being totally free from this hindrance.  You are going to glorify God in your body and not feel anything holding you back. 

Glad you are back!  Now, go on and be blessed!  :thumbsup:
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Roger, just to clarify: the new version of the book will let us eat all LDL foods anytime, even if we're not newbies to the plan? What if I chose to eat the following on a typical day:

Breakfast: egg white omelet with veggies and LDL sausage
              sauteed turnips and onions (in evoo)
              fruit smoothie

Snack: bowl of LDL banana ice cream

Lunch : several corn thins with refried beans
           salad
           fruit smoothie

Snack: bowl of 94% popcorn with evoo

Dinner: grilled chicken
          Bill's mashed potatoes
          corn on the cob with icbinb
          grilled asparagus
          LDL banana ice cream

Snack: frozen grapes, bowl of 94% popcorn with evoo

Would this be acceptable and still result in weight loss? I'm really sorry to obsess on this new updated WOE, but I want to get it down pat. :thumbsup: I may be going overboard in assuming that this is what you mean? :rolleyes: On the other hand if this is what you meant..... WHOOPEE! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Last edited by SweetRose on July 3rd, 2010, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW Sweet Rose,
Your menu is awesome...As long as someone else is cooking and putting it on the table, I would love to eat it. But for me and my slow metabolism, I certainly would not be loosing weight eating that much. I don't think I was even eating that much when I was maintaining. I know that I could loose and maintain if I ate only what you listed for dinner for the whole day. But a meal that good would be worth it. :drool:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Linda RN,

I would love to eat all this, too, and still lose weight! :rolleyes: But I'm not sure if this is what Roger meant in his updated new book version. I can't wait to hear his response~ I'll keep my fingers crossed! :laughing:

SweetRose
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Good afternoon godstemple,
I think that all of us have felt down because of expectations we've set for ourselves and the ever human reality of letting ourselves down.
I am new to this way of eating and because of the support of my mom, I have really felt encouraged to "keep keeping on" even when I feel like it's just too hard.  I hope that in some way I can encourage you to take one step at a time and one day at a time and to take the time to love yourself by taking care of yourself.  Just be patient and forgiving of yourself.....I believe in you:  I think that for probably many of the readers of your messege....they feel empathy and have some specific memory of a time of a similar experience: because we've all been there at one time or another...I'm happy to know that you have reached out and also, to know that I can as well....
Take care :kissed:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I am ashamed to say that I do not know when I am really hungry an when I just want something to eat.What should I do ? :'(
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

MissDonna,
Starting out much of what feels like hunger is just habitual snacking. Trying to eat meals at regular times, eating until full, and not snacking between meals will help break the habit. Soon (and that can be a couple weeks to a few months) you will stop thinking about wanting something to eat and you will do fine and you will know when you are truely hungry. For many of us, just going from grazing to 3 meals is a big calorie reducer. If you must snack, do it with whole fruits. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Linda

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I think too that you will know better when you're full when the cravings go away...which is when your blood sugar stabalizes.  You will also loose your appetite for certain things and then learn not to eat certain things out of habit because they will make you feel not so good.  Really, I like the LDL WOE not just for the weight loss but for the way I feel when I stay on plan.  When I am tempted these days (not because of cravings usually...usually because I am served something everyone else is having and I don't like being so different) I always have 2nd thoughts because I know it will make me feel yucky or at least give me cravings which I will need to fight or else I will feel yucky.

Blessings,
Julie
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Roger! I think I get it now! :thumbsup: What a wonderful way to eat! :tongue: Bless you for bringing this WOE to us all~ Praise the Lord for leading you to help so many!  

Do you know when the new book will be available?

Last edited by SweetRose on July 4th, 2010, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose