1/2 c egg substitute
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp finely chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp white pepper
5 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
pam olive oil spray
1 12 oz fat free grated mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Cook the beef, turkey, and onion until tender.  Add the tomato paste, tomato juice, and tomato soup to the mixture.  Combine the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg substitute, parsley, basil and white pepper, and mix lightly.  Set aside.  Place one half of the sliced zucchini in a layer in a  13 x 9 x 2 pan that has been sprayed with pam.  Follow with half of the cottage cheese mixutre, half the mozzarella cheese, and half of the tomato/meat mixture.  Continue with another layer beginning with sliced zucchini and ending with the meat sauce. 
Bake 350 degrees for 40 to 45 min.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Brando's Lasagna

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for posting this Wendy. I just got to see Roger on the 700 Club a few minutes ago for the first time. Now I want to try the lasagna. Gave my book to Gary's doctor and have not replaced it yet. Thinking about buying several...Amazon has them for 9.95 now I think. Need to stock up. Don't want to get too many though, since new edition is on the way! I think the cookbook will be a great hit also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I ordered a few extra on Amazon to give away.  Watch out though because I ended up with the blue book and it did not say that when I ordered them.  It showed picture of the red book and gave description from the red book.  I have given the books all away anyway and told them what changed from the two books.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

For several years I have been telling people "I don't cook". From now on I can no longer say this . I'm not a big fan of zucchini but I HAVE to try this recipe !
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Thank you Wendy for posting this recipe!  *hug*

Vicki
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Missdonna- Prior to LDL I, too, had stopped cooking.  I cooked for special occasions, made salads and some entrees, loved to eat out, and my husband helped by making stir fries and sandwiches.  LDL renewed my love of cooking.  It is so easy.  Make a big batch of soup and the big meal of the day is taken care of for 3 days or more.  Denny still does breakfast- cuts up a big bowl of fruit.  I take care of lunch and supper.  Things have fallen into a nice, comfortable, and satisfying routine.  I find we can eat out or attend special functions and still stay on plan.  I often bring fruit, vegetables, or popcorn when we are not eating at home.  Did I mention how much I love LDL!!!  Pam
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Pam ,When my kids moved out I gave up cooking for just heating up something. My daughter lives close and she is a very good cook so if I wanted real food I'd eat hers. Since I started making LDL recipes I find I can't wait to try the next one. I can't eat enough to do them all! :pouty:
yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

I am just starting out on LDL and have a modified version of this lasagna ready for the oven.  I just used my regular seasonings and tomato sauce with the combination of turkey and beef.  I have never made my cheese  layer like this before so I am looking forward to see how great it is..  My version is way too fat and of course I am using the zuchinni.  Thanks for such a great resource of recipes. I was inspired to try LDL because a friend of mine has lost 87 lbs in one year.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yayatrudy....your friend would be? ? ? ?
We are all guessing....
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

I don't think she would be on this board but I will ask her.  Her name is Misty.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It is such an encouragement to others to know how others have used LDL to reach their goal.
I do hope Misty will post her personal success story here:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ht ... .php?f=2.0
Linda

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

I loved the lasagna recipe and unfortunately I loved it too much because I just had some more for supper.  I had a smoothie and then a salad and then lasagna.  So much for lap band help tonight.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

But it is so grat to know that overeating LDL foods will still=weight loss!
Give it time and you will see! It will happen.
Linda

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

Thanks for the encouragement!
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I am dying to try this lasagna. Wish me luck. I've made lots of different lasagnas, but never one with zucchini.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I sautee zucchini and add to my Pizza Soup.
It is soooo good.
Linda

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

I have a crockpot full of taco soup for game day... the children are getting chicken tenders and fries.  But I am determined not to completely reverse back to old habits but I have been having a rough time lately.  I just need to fix more of the recipes here.  I am going to do pizza soup with zucchinni one night this week..  We are having christmas supper with my family on tuesday..charbroiled oysters.....plus???
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Had Christmas dinner today with daughter and grandkids. Fixed traditional southern chicken and cornbread dressing  :bomb:
sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. A one time treat, but did not overdo and the dinner was a complete success.
Best outcome was daughter is finally convinced about the problems with wheat and has swore off the grains!
She has convinced her step daughter to go on a grain free live-it also!
Talking this for 2 long years but it is worth it!
Hoping to be able to share more success stories in a few months.
Linda

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I bought the ingredients for this today. I will make it soon. Especially since hubby likes it. Maybe for dinner tonight. We have a rehearsal dinner to go to tomorrow night, then a wedding on Saturday. I can probably order a salad or chicken for the rehearsal dinner. I'm not sure what's on the menu for the wedding. I don't have a problem saying no to the wedding cake. One day at a time. One day at a time.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown