boards have changed...........

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
witheraway1
Master Member

boards have changed...........

Post by witheraway1 »

You know I have only been around 6 mos.  But long enough to know the boards have changed. A lot of the fun has left. Everyone has got too serious. And almost augmentative. It's hard to put a post on without someone jumping in your face with a bunch of facts. The book should be enough either you  belive it or you don't. Some things can be accepted on testomony alone. And we have plenty of that here. that's good enough for me. I hope some of you don't get mad at me but that's just how I feel. I think some of us have lost our first love and have  lost our humour in things. Some have left the boards because of this and that's sad. For those that have been here longer than me why do you think that is? I hope to set an expample, but will always stand up for what I belive......... *hug* to all  WITHER
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 17th, 2010, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Re: boards have changed...........

Post by cameron »

I have been on LDL same length of time as you Wither  and I  1000% agree with you. There are a few really great people that don't seem to post anymore, and that is such a shame. But I am interested as to what some of the long timers have to say about this. Lets not try to fix something that is not broken.                                                ck
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Wither,

You know, sometimes it's difficult to put in writing what you're thinking.  I'll post something that I thought may be helpful and I'll go back and read it later and it sounds like I'm preaching or that I'm a little-miss-know-it-all.  I've been on board since July, 2009 and I know that I don't post as much either.  It seems like everything that I think has already been said.  But, don't think for a minute that I'm ignoring any of you - you are all constantly in my thoughts and prayers!
Marga
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Amen, Roger
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I totally agree with Roger.  When I first started LDL in July 2009 (same time frame as Marga) I posted a lot.  I still read all the posts every day and enjoy the serious ones, critical ones, or the lighthearted ones.  I appreciate everyone who takes the time to write a comment, whether it's to post what they ate for the day, feelings they had at a particular time or words of wisdom and encouragement.  Everyone's thoughts are welcome!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

My Bad
I have been on the board since May of 2009.  Summer is the slow down period of the year here on the boards. 
Excuse number 1
I have been under alot of stress and pulled away from what I really enjoyed, like making tea in the caboose, and some fun antics on the loose caboose  etc.
It has not been good for me to to this.  I have been letting the nagiative into my life instead of the positive.  I have never let God out. 
I will try to dedicate myself back to serious but fun on the LDL board
Excuse number 2
I don't do well without sneaky snoopy on the boards bantering me.  She will be back after next weekend after her 1/2 marathon race.  I don't even get to chat on the land line much with her.  She is taking a trip in Aug. and is sending for me and DH to be in the house with the boys.  So will get to visit the grandson's and see her.  That should kick start me.  Maybe she will pound some since into her dad.

I am getting to go to a state meeting and it is usally up liffting and there will be about 400 hundred women and no phones
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I'm probably one of the guilty ones here.

Some people are content by just reading information provided in a book and/or newsletter and there's nothing wrong with that. And then there are others that have more questions than answers. Why this? Why that? So, some of the other LDLer's and I have tried to provide that extra knowledge by using facts, data sheets, etc. That's how we ALL grow and more forward towards our common goal..."To eat healthy and lose weight."

I never meant to upset anyone enough to leave if that's the case. Hopefully, it's because they're on vacation and having a wonderful time with their family and friends (and no computer in sight).

But, if I did, I'm truly sorry!

*hug*
CQ
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I am not one of those who got tired of all the batting back and forth. Nor do I think I know it all. I love LDL and the nice people here, just happened to notice a lot of auguring that used to not be......Of course those that are not offensive seem to think they are at fault, not so. I wasn't referring to the ones not posting as often I was saying some have left and are no longer with us and they are not on vacation. And I realize that's ones choice. Sometime too much negative can be a bad thing. I have always been one to express my thoughts and if I OFFENDED anyone by my post that was not my intent. I just thought there could be a little more love,kindness in our words on the printed page. Maybe I should have kept my feelings about this to myself and let the kindless from now on start with me. Anyway this was not meant to be taken wrong or to make anyone feel bad...........Miss those that have left and hope that you come back!      *hug*  to all wither
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

Hi all,

I am one of those that Roger is referring to as I come to read the boards pretty much daily but don't say much.  I enjoy reading everyones posts but from the beginning didn't feel I had much to offer or add.  Not to say that everyone wasn't welcoming just sometimes only get small snippets of time with a young child & work etc.  Now at least 65# LIGHTER I guess I must be doing something right following the plan from the book and I guess I MUST know all the rules of the program.  (I know I need to get some pictures sent in).  When I am at work I have my lighter pictures but then forget to forward a beginning picture of around when I started but will get to that this weekend)

I do thank you for replying when I pose a question or a recipe though and sorry I haven't been so supportive of everyone's efforts and accomplishments but do know that I do think of you all!

Abby's Mom (Kathy)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow, Kathy,
65#'s discarded forever! That is awesome. When did you start?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

I was one of the ones that started with the First magazine and started right after my wedding anniversary May 26th of last  year.  I have eaten non LDL foods along the way in spurts but have tried to get control again.  Can only imagine if I had only stayed on course....

Tried to post my picture to my profile but I must have done something wrong :<

Kathy
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Gwennaford has not been on the boards for a week, glad to see she made a post today, I really miss  herwhen she is not around. She has a lot to say  that is worth while.  Also, Siciliam Mama checks in all the time and I might be wrong, but I don't think she has posted for almost a month. Hope to hear from you soon.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Gwen, ask me to tell everyone hi for her........So hi to all from Gwen

Wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow, Kathy,
We have the same wedding anniversary date. I hope to have lost that much by the time my 1yr rolls around, Nov 1 after the 700 Club spot. Did you post a picture in the gallery? I can help you get it posted. Let me know.
Linda

Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Kathy  65 pounds  how great.  Don't you just like your new dress size.
Keep up the good work
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I have only been here close to a month but I love the posts. I try to restrain posting too many times because sometimes even I think what I say is dumb when I read it. The fact that there is always somebody there to help makes this a great place to be!  :D
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I have read this thread a couple of times today...debating if I should voice my opinion or not. Well, here goes.

I get tired of coming on the boards and reading all the posts that have nothing to do with LDL. I get tired of reading that I should be taking this supplement or that herb or whatever for better health. I want to read about LDL and how others are making the program work for them. I also enjoy reading the banter and encouragement amongst the members. I have a dear friend who thinks God put her on this Earth to make me more informed about what's healthy and what's not good for you. She is constantly sending me emails telling me to do this or that for better health. I usually delete her emails without reading them. I am an intelligent enough person that if I want to know this stuff, I can look it up myself without someone trying to constantly shove it down my throat.

So I say let's keep it light, let's keep it fun, and let's definitely keep it LDL!!!

Blessings,
Ollie
Last edited by barrypaxton on July 18th, 2010, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Good post Ollie  & GREAT JOB on your weight loss!!    ck
Last edited by cameron on July 17th, 2010, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Ollie -  I agree we should keep this lighthearted and fun and most of all supportive. If you do not feel like you are being supported, then why on earth would you keep coming back? I remember some times when I found myself laughing for days over something that was posted - esp at myself, when I got people's names wrong - like when I thought you were a man and kept calling you Barry!  :laughing:  Now - not so much!

Wither -  *hug* *hug* *hug*  I know exactly how you feel and often hope that I do not seem pushy - sometimes I can't tell for sure - being Italian from NY.  :wrong:  But I have been on that other side and sometimes felt that certain members even looked for my posts so they could REACT: silly stuff in the scheme of things.  :stop:  And it's not in my head bc I even got PMs telling me "Stuff". SO I was staying away bc I didn;t feel supported. But that really says more about them than me, and I should have been here to support others and not be so into my own needs.  :blush:

I think when there were so many of us starting after the First article - we were all so eager to learn and support each other and it was spring, so fruits were plentiful and inexpensive, and our success was immediate. SO that made for a very special time. I know your posts and success help a lot of people so please try to disregard the rest. Whatever you feel like posting --- post it, especially if it is fun!  Don't worry about if it was posted before. We all have a unique voice and we should all be heard.  (But some are really louder than others! HEHEHE *woot*)

Julie :rose: