Recipes

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
MessiGardener
New, but learning

Recipes

Post by MessiGardener »

I don't know why, but I can't find the Israeli Chickpea Soup recipe.  I've looked and looked and am unable to figure it out.  I'm sure it is quite simple, and I'm just not going to the right spot, but will someone please help me find it?  I'm specifically, Israeli Chickpea Soup.
Thanks,  Messigardener
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Recipes

Post by LINDA RN »

Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MessiGardener
New, but learning

Post by MessiGardener »

Thank you for the link, Linda.  The problem is I still can't find the Israeli Soup.  The link took me to a recipe for Lentil Tabbouleh. Everyone was posting about how good the soup was, but no recipe.  Could it have been erased or am I just blind.  I still can't find it.  I'll keep looking, and maybe search on-line.  Maybe I can find a recipe that's close.  It's probably right in front of my nose!  Messi
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

That's really strange MessiGardener.........I clicked the above link and
it took me straight to the Israeli Chickpea Soup. 

I will copy and paste the recipe here for you:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small yellow onion, sliced (approx. 1 cup)
2 cans of chick peas, drained (15 or 15.5 oz. each)
2 pints fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves (no need to chop them)

1.  Heat the olive oil on medium/high in a large saucepan with a lid.  Add the onion and sautee for 3 minutes, stirring.

2.  Add the drained chickpeas and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.  Simmer for 10 minutes.

3.  Uncover and add the cilantro.  Cook for 2 more minutes and then remove from heat.  Let it cool slightly and then totally blend until smooth, either in batches in the blender or with a potato masher.  (Note:  You'll get best results if you use a blender:  either a regular blender or a hand-held immersion blender such as the "Braun Multiquick Hand Blender," so the cilantro is completely pureed with the onions and chickpeas in the soup.  If you use a potato masher instead, I recommend finely dicing the onion and chopping the cilantro leaves as finely as you can prior to cooking. There is no need to chop the cilantro if using a blender.) Re-heat if necessary. 

Tip:  Eat a bowl of this soup 15 or 20 minutes prior to your main protein meal of the day.  It helps you feel fuller and more satisfied for longer!

Kathy
bludaffodil
MessiGardener
New, but learning

Post by MessiGardener »

LOL  I'm sure it's just me and my strange computer.  I searched it online, and found the link-here on LDL-the link is the same except the last numbers.  That one ends with =4516.0 And it's called Curried Chickpea and Cilantro Soup by marysimmons.  When I click on the other one is has a recipe for Lentil Taboulah.  The same link but ending with =346.0.  And a bunch of talk about how good it is. I don't know, but I'm gonna try this, it sounds delicious.  Thanks for your help.  I have copied/pasted it to my desktop.  This is gonna be fun!  Messigardener
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

You are very welcome!  :)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

The Curried Chickpea with Cilantro is one of my favorites!  I never tried the Israeli one, but the one I did try was delicious and I highly recommend it.