WHERE ARE YOU?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
witheraway1
Master Member

WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by witheraway1 »

We come from many different states........Just wandering what brought you to the state you live in.....And what do you love about it,if you do? I am from California and was born there in Colton,California. I now live in Escondido, about 30 miles north of beautiful San Diego. I love being near the beaches and also not to far from the mountains. A lot to see in San Diego, Ca. My husband is from Oklahoma and has a huge family living there. Where are you?   WITHER

ps. JUST wanted to add any of you living in olkahoma do you happen to know any of the Edelmans, Jones, Hills  or Doss
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 24th, 2010, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusicManiac

Re: WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Wither,

I'm from Northern Michigan (lower Peninsula).  I love the seasons.  Usually, our summers aren't too hot and we have lots of snow in the winter.  Traffic isn't horrible (no large cities).  We can ride snowmobiles on the side of most roads in the winter and ORVs in the summer.  We're not far from Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.  It is definitely my favorite place to be!!!

Marga
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Wither,

I have lived in NJ since 1991.  I worked for AT&T at the time and they offered me a job and a relocation package. It was a good time to do it since the kids were at a stage in school where it would be easy. I really liked coming to NJ after being a born and bread Brooklynite.  It sort of took us out of the hustle and bustle and traffic and double parking and all of that and put us all in a place with beautiful natural areas - Lakes, mountains, seashore - take your pick!  All beautiful! And very calming. :yawn:

In either location, I have always lived close enough to water to smell it at night - nothing more heavenly!  :angel:  And I am also never too far from Manhattan. I love the theater and museums and wonderful restaurants and go there often. I also work in NY and NJ so I am really of 2 states.

I have always loved California as well and went there quite a bit for work in the past. I know how beautiful it is and exciting at the same time.  :cool:    I could have been bi coastal - easily!  I am due for a trip there - in the next year or so. Just for fun. Thanks for asking!

MM - you look wonderful!  How are things going for you? Sounds like you are in a fun place!  ;)

Julie :rose:
patns

Post by patns »

Actually we are not all from a state, some of us are from provinces. I lived all my life in Nova Scotia until I was 55. Both my kids moved to Alberta, I was offered a job out here and hubby and I moved west too. I just returned from a visit to Nova Scotia, it is very much like Maine.
Now I live in Edmonton Alberta which is five hours due north from Montana. It actually much like Montana but not as windy where I live.

Pat
JEM

Post by JEM »

I live in NJ, work in NYC and drive to CT most weekends to visit family.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Texas!...come for a visit, words can't describe.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Province of British Columbia,100 miles north of Seattle and only 15 minutes from Bellingham Washington , where I just  LOVE to go shopping at my favorite store, Fred Meyer, get lots of my groceries there.

I have yet to find a LDL'r who is close to where I live, there must be at least 1 out there somewhere
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Cameron...I used to live out that way...does that count?  I was living in Tacoma, my husband at the time was active duty Air Force there at McChord.  I miss it terribly, but I moved back home to Cassadaga, NY..which is about an hour south of Buffalo.  The snowbelt..  I do love it here though, all the beautiful seasons, even winter. Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lisa - it has to count!!!!!  I would so love to visit New york, the state and the city. i want to go to every borough(don't know if I spelled that correctly) For how long were you in Tacoma?
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

South Eastern corner of Ohio. Home place of BOB EVANS if you've ever heard of BOB EVANS sausage. Live across the Ohio river from PT. Pleasant WV. home of the MOTHMAN. Lived here all me life.

TIM
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I was born and raised in Racine, Wisconsin, which is right on Lake Michigan between Milwaukee and Chicago.  I moved to Gilford, New Hampshire, 14 years ago to marry my current husband.  I live on the largest fresh water lake in NH, can see the mountains out my kitchen window (they are 30 minutes from my house), and it is an hour from my house to the Atlantic ocean. What more could you ask for!
rodie

Post by rodie »

Minnesota, Land of 10,000 lakes and when get bored with that I can go shopping at the Mall of America,
what else could a girl ask for? ;)
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Northwestern Ohio, near Toledo.  We are 15 miles from Michigan and 50 miles from Indiana.  I was born in central Ohio, I even had a southern accent.  Moved to Toledo for nursing school, met my husband, and stayed here (we'll celebrate our 44th in October) so it's been a good, long while.  I love to travel and have been to all 50 states, however, it is beautiful here.  We have 4 very distinct seasons, no major earthquakes, wildfires, or hurricanes.  We do get occasional tornados. I guess what I'm used to is much less scary than what I read in the news!  Autumn is the loveliest season in my opinion.  We have an abundance of natural resources including fresh water.  Lake Erie where we love to sail is only about 15 miles away.  The cost of living is relatively low.  I'd say it's safe to say we are here for the duration unless all three of our sons and their families would move away to the same region.  Then we might follow them as we are a very close family.  The last time we moved, 15 years ago to start my business, I declared that I would never move again!!!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks to all for answering........Sounds to me like all of you live in beautiful  places. And are VERY happy I might add. I have never been to any of those places wrote about but Texas, been to a lot of other states but they have not been wrote about yet. I love hearing about  the places near the water also Julie. It is very claming like you said...Keep posting this is very interesting...........Also Pam I have a southern accent and I have never lived in the south..........I always say I live in Southern California  :laughing:  Wither
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I second what Tim said...except I have not lived here all my life. I live 8 yrs in East Central Ohio near Wheeling WV. Beautiful country there too.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Born and raised Barberton, Ohio just outside Akron, went to Nursing School, Columbus Ohio, met and married my DH who was an Okie. We moved 12 times (a few places in Ohio to Eastern Colorado and finally a few places in Oklahoma). This last move to the 20 acres we now own vowed to be our last move but who knows? Cost of living low, you can really stretch your eyeballs here.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

JEM wrote:I live in NJ, work in NYC and drive to CT most weekends to visit family.

HI Jem,

Where are you in NJ and where do you work in NY?  Same for me! 

Hi Pam,  *hug*
Congratulations on your upcoming 44th anniversary  *love*  That's really incredible!  And I love the 4 seasons as well especially the Fall. I love the crispness in the air and the trees turning colors - in NJ, it is quite beautiful!

Wither  -  *hug*  thanks so much for posting this thread and getting us to think happier thoughts.

Julie :rose:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I was born and raised in Coeurd'Alene Idaho and that is where I went to highschool and also college.  I moved to Montana when my older son was 8 yrs old and he is now 36.  A friend moved to Kalispell Montana and when I visited I fell in love and moved within the month.  I met my husband and we moved to Big Timber Montana for 8 years and bought a business. We also adopted our younger son who just turned 19 this year while living in Big Timber. Being from Idaho where it is green and has lots of trees Big Timber was hard to take with sage brush and a very small retirement community.  We then bought a business in Hamilton, Montana and have been here ever since. My husband and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary next May.  We are more or less retired  now and I love the freedom.  Hamilton is surrounded by beautiful mountains and has the Bitterroot River that runs through the valley.  We have lots of lakes and wildlife.  Montana also has four seasons but I would say our winter runs longer then summer most years. 
My older son is getting married next week and my younger son starts back into soccer and college in two week.  They are both living in Coeurd'Alene which is about 5 hours from where we live.  So we have talked about moving to Idaho to be by our boys but we love Montana so much it would be hard to leave so will get more serious when grandkids start arriving.
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Cameron...I lived in Tacoma when my daughter was 4 months and my son 2yrs.  That was in the summer of 91.  My husband and I divorced in 1995, that is when I moved back home to NY.  I live on the opposite side of NY than the big city.  In fact, I have only been to NYC for a day trip a couple of years ago.  I would love to go back again and really spend time there.

I grew up on a very beautiful set of 3 small lakes.  I learned to ice skate and swim when I was just a toddler.  I have come full circle I think, living now only 2 streets away from where I spent my first 19 yrs.  I am very blessed.  Fall is the best, with burning leaves and crisp nights.  You can't believe the colors of the trees.  I have lived in many places as an AF wife, but I am so happy to be back in NY.  I think I'm here to stay as long as my kids come visit once in awhile after they move out...lol.     

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Love your post everybody Keep em coming..

GETTING TO KNOW YOU
GETTING TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU
GETTING TO LIKE YOU, AND HOPE YOU LIKE ME TOO....I REALLY CAN'T SING! But love music......................Wither