rate of weight loss

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
TonsAfun

rate of weight loss

Post by TonsAfun »

Please let me know what the approximate weight loss expectations should be after one month of LDL? 
Thanks!
TonsAfun
Brandon, Florida
Kathie

Re: rate of weight loss

Post by Kathie »

Hi Tonsoffun and welcome to the boards.. Another Floridian!!  Not sure what the rate of weight loss would be. We are all so tottally different here.. I started April 12 at 181 and I weighed in this morning at 144. That's not official till Monday when I have my weigh in on the caboose but its nice to see those figures! I do fluctuate with LDL as most do. So I think I am having amazing results monthly results with no cravings.  Hope that helps!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi TonsAFun,

It depends on your body. Everyone is different. If you have a lot of weight to lose you'll probably lose much faster at first and then slow down each month. There will also be times that you won't lose at all but don't worry...you're body's adjusting and will begin to lose again. :thumbsup:

By the way, I work in Brandon sometimes...it's nice to have someone nearby.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I can give you my average, though.  I averaged about 10 lbs. a month -- give or take a couple of lbs.  It varied a little. 

Welcome to LDL.  I'm telling you right now, if you really follow this you won't feel deprived and the weight will come off.  The rate it comes off isn't as important as the fact that you can live with this way of eating -- so you stick to it.  My neighbor was interested in losing faster than LDL was accomplishing for her so she found a yucky diet that she stuck to for several weeks -- 4-6.  Anyway, she lost the weight faster than I did, but she is now heavier than me, because she gained back more than she lost.  That is what a diet will do to you.  You can't stick to it or live with it and when you get off it you are so happy to be free of its restrictions, you go overboard and gain more weight than you lost with it.  Atleast that has been my experience.  You need a LIVEt, like LDL to keep the weight off. 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome Tons- Will you eventually be pounds of fun!!!?  I lose slowly now, much faster early on.  I don't have a deadline and plan to let my body determine when and how much.  I will eat this way the rest of my life, so what's the hurry (for me)!  You will love this way of eating, the fabulous results, and all the helpful, supportive members of these boards.  Congratulations.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Tons,

Welcome to LDL and our community- where you can find lots of help almost any time of day or night.  :thumbsup:

How much weight do you wish to lose?  That will really be a determining factor as well as if you have any health conditions that may allow you to lose at a slower pace.

I had about 100 lbs to lose and lost 17.5 lbs in the first month. I didn't even have the book for the first week and so did lots of things incorrectly but the basics were there. After that it was between 4 and 8 lbs per month.  Most members come in between 8 and the teens in the first month. I hope that helps.

What is really significant is how great you will feel in the second week or so - no more cravings and no more runaway appetite.  I thought to myself "So, this must be how normal people feel all the time!"  :laughing:

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on August 4th, 2010, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi Tons,

We're neighbors!  I am in Lakeland.... """""waving""""""  welcome to LDL!  It is wonderful!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Fun!  I'm in Clearwater.  MJ - I didn't realize you live in Lakeland.

Let's all get together SOON!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
TonsAfun

Post by TonsAfun »

Thank you all so much for the information on your personal losses and the words of encouragement.  I've been on the diet for 11 days.  I swore I would not weigh myself until I had been on the diet for 14 days....but,  *evil* well, I couldn't stand it as I felt my clothes getting looser and I just knew I'd lost a lot.  I'd lost only 3lbs and then I remembered why I was making myself wait at least 2 weeks.  The book says a month..I know, I know..  In order for me not to get discouraged, I see each lb as 4 sticks of butter.  Therefore, TonsAfun is now down a whopping 12 sticks of butter!  That's a lot of butter! : )
Thanks again,
TonsAfun
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

3 lbs is great in less than 2 weeks. I did not loose anything for 5 months. Then when I started it was barely a pound a week. Am just thankful for that. I have not been below 200 since PhenPhen. I know this time it will stay off. Looking forward to loosing more soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
TonsAfun

Post by TonsAfun »

To answer some of your questions...I want to lose about 80 lbs. 320 sticks of butter. i will probably drop the tonsafun nanme when thin and replace it with FeonaFound. remember her pig face as an ogre? But as a Princess..no pig face. i have acquired the pig face over the last year. ...will I ever sit down to a platefulla spaghetti again??
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

IF  YOU DID YOU WOULD PROBABLY FEEL GULITY AND IT WOULD'NT TATSE NEAR AS GOOD. i AM A SLOW LOSER, ONLY LOST 3LBS THE FIRST MONTH...a s long as the scales go down that's the main thing.  Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Dear Feona- I make "spaghetti" by using French cut green beans for the noodles.  I make a sauce with ground sirloin or ground white meat turkey, sugar-free spaghetti sauce, onions, peppers, and spices.  it's better than the "real" thing!  You are going to love it here!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Spaghetti is also good with home made sauce and using bean spouts as the noodles..........wither
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

And don't forget the perfect spaghetti -- spaghetti squash!  I still can't believe how well it takes the place of the fattening noodles, but doesn't leave me fat!

Also, try weighing yourself after a dinner of only fruit -- especially watermelon.  Weigh yourself the morning after, and you won't have any extra water weight from having eaten popcorn with salt the night before -- or some other dish that was higher in sodium and caused water retention. 

I honestly did weigh daily while I was losing and still do.  It's a part of my morning ritual -- brushing teeth, bathing, putting on make up, getting dressed and other things.  I really did get encouraged to stick to LDL because of it.  Of course, I was eating fruit only at night.  Studies show that people who weigh daily lose weight faster and maintain better, so you need to do what works for you. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I weigh often as well; however, the down side of weighing daily is if the scale does not move downward.  The way your clothes fit tell us as well as the downward scale. For three weeks, I lost nothing, but my body moved to a smaller size.  I love this WOE, because it works whether you weigh once a day or once a month.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:  We are all so blessed to have discovered the way out of food bondage.  :thumbsup: JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Exactly, Wanda!  No more bondage to food.  That is my favorite thing.  I don't have cravings for anything and when I'm hungry feeling, it is because I really am hungry and need to eat something!  I can trust my body's ability to tell when it is hungry, not just craving something.
TonsAfun

Post by TonsAfun »

I feel at home already. But I do have a question. homemade mac cheese is one of Gods gifts to me . lol. will I never eat it again? do you go off and get back on ever? thank u all so much. This is awesome. i type from my phone like back in cave woman days. hope to get a computer soon. fruit aint cheap. : :-D
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I like mac and cheese, but not nearly as much as I like my new size.  Fruit isn't cheap, nor are most foods.  It just comes down to the choices we want to make.  I cook delicious soups--beans are very economical, and it's unbelievable how many things we can make from them.  And to eat as much as we want--I still can't believe I can do that and still lose weight, but I did just that, and I'm 60 lbs lighter. I shop in-season fruits.  I don't know where you live, but here in Ohio, there are always fruits on sale.  I buy them when they are cheap, and freeze them for later.  This week, I have frozen 20 pints of blueberries.  They are only 99cents this week.  Last week, I froze strawberries--they were 99cents.  If you don't have a freezer, I can understand.  Apples are usually quite reasonable.  They are good raw or fried.  Bananas are a staple--39cents a lb.  If I don't crave the food, why should I eat something that I know will restart my food cravings.  Where there's a will, there is a way  and we have the way--LDL.  :thumbsup: Just keep asking questions and eating LDL foods; you are going to do fine.  :thumbsup: JF